Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Note: if you are not familiar with the new Cartomizer by Joye: you can check some reviews

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...zer-someone-said-they-were-new-yeah-they.html
another members:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/video-reviews/122157-joyetech-510-cartomizer-followup.html

I picked these up @ cignot.com not sure if anyone else carries them

Though they work fine out of box... I am sure the modders would enjoy this... I would like to add a special thanks to Vaporer for all of is dedicated time and willingness to share....and though I always tinker.. he inspires everyone to move forward.

My first vid.. Now this is still a working project.. and my time is limited.. so if anyone picks up the ball before I finish :D... please post or add a link here...

KYFlyer67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
Ky

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I so enjoy your videos, you explain everything really clearly. Makes me think I can do this if I have to. Thanks so much for posting this.

Thank you , that is the nicest thing I have heard in a long time :)

Hmmm... If you use cut-off syringes for leads instead of IC pins, you could attach the nichrome coil quickly without solder as in this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/120072-atomizer-cartomizer-life.html. The coil is held in place with sewing needle tips. It doesn't sound like a secure connection, but it really is - I've built one myself.

You know I had that in mind , but went for the IC pins fit perfectly so it slipped out :).... I think I might have to re visit that idea..... especially since this is so quick and "easy" to make.

let me see what I can do

KYFlyer67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2010
Ky
Thank you , that is the nicest thing I have heard in a long time :)

You know I had that in mind , but went for the IC pins fit perfectly so it slipped out :).... I think I might have to re visit that idea..... especially since this is so quick and "easy" to make.

let me see what I can do

Well you wouldn't think the little sewing needles would hold the coil in place securely - but they really do. And of course it's snap to swap out the coil.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
still haven't had time to pursue this further, but I did manage to find some syringe needles that would work great like you have mentioned...

Two things I would suggest if anyone tries this project out

1. give some space from where the element sits over the plastic cap underneath at the same time not too high to jam into the filler
2.when making the element loop the wick making a loose circle coil around where the wick meets... then pull the wick making the circle close around the element.. sort of like tying a shoe.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Lightgeoduck,
Nice Video. I have some of these, and like them.

I bought them due to the idea of having cheap atomizers, 5/8 bucks, yay. So I filled one and yep their good. Cracked one open and rigged one with a 510 tube, the inside tube and the mesh (for a filler to press fit the tube on the atty). It came out fine, I couldn't see the difference and the tube was tight on the little atty.
I left the wick in it, as I think it makes the thing work well.
OK, amped it at voltages of 3.7 up to 5volts, all good vapor. (2 days)

Next I capped the air holes at the bottom threads for draw control, odd idea I had to drop the draw a touch, and oops, the plastic melted on the atty itself, which shorted to the tube. That plastic would be the weak link in a recoil design.

FYI: If you remove the filler top and the inner cap, you can drip straight through these with out any further modification. The plastic tube isn't wide enough for a drip tip, If you don't mind tail piping, leave it open. You can have it full and drip it.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Nice project LGD, looking forward to the continuation :)

FYI: If you remove the filler top and the inner cap, you can drip straight through these with out any further modification. The plastic tube isn't wide enough for a drip tip, If you don't mind tail piping, leave it open. You can have it full and drip it.

Poppa, are you talking about removing the part with the needle port for dripping without any other modding? Or are you talking about you modded tube?

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
still haven't had time to pursue this further, but I did manage to find some syringe needles that would work great like you have mentioned...

Two things I would suggest if anyone tries this project out

1. give some space from where the element sits over the plastic cap underneath at the same time not too high to jam into the filler
2.when making the element loop the wick making a loose circle coil around where the wick meets... then pull the wick making the circle close around the element.. sort of like tying a shoe.

"For those about to vape- we salute you!"

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
Nice project LGD, looking forward to the continuation :)

Poppa, are you talking about removing the part with the needle port for dripping without any other modding? Or are you talking about you modded tube?

The mouth piece and the part with 2 holes. The unit is similar to a cart, it has 1 air canal on the side of the fluid sock and it allows the vapor to flow through and up, it also allows juice to go down directly to the little atty if you drip it.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
The mouth piece and the part with 2 holes. The unit is similar to a cart, it has 1 air canal on the side of the fluid sock and it allows the vapor to flow through and up, it also allows juice to go down directly to the little atty if you drip it.

Well cool beans, I learn something new every day :) I've never used a cart and atty so I have no mental image to compare. I did notice the air canal...silly me for not figuring out why it is there.

OT: I hate living an a small apartment! I miss my shop and tools. Girls with power tools are a dangerous breed!

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
I had these cartos for like 3 weeks now and none of them died on me yet. maybe becos i take short hits at circa 4.5V. i got rid of the filler and tubing holder and added a modified clear 306 drip tip to it and been dripping. i got rid of the original wick and was able to scrape off the gunk from the coil so no burn taste at all. like new!! now i dont know if i should just order some more of them or wait until one of them die and try to add the ic pins to it for easy coil replacement...

warbdan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
If you can get the atty out of the carto and it doesn't have a bridge, couldn't you use a toothbrush to clean the gunk off the coil and be good to go again? It seems that's where the burnt/funky taste comes from, so if the coil could be cleaned with a brush as opposed to useless soaking and life shortening dry burning, the atty or carto in this case would last much, much longer.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I wouldn't advice using a brush on any coil... I don't know maybe you will be lucky, but the coil isn't THAT sturdy for just a straight up "dry brush" (eheh) .. that goes for any atomizer I would imagine... if you have gunk on the coil it is usually caked onto it and not necessarily easy to just "wipe" off....... I haven't tested this theory, but maybe a careful "dry picking/scraping" will work of course I don't know about that.

LGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread