RAW DUCK,, Show and Tell Genuine Joye 510 cartomizer (someone said they were new.. yeah they are )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Raw duck is tasty :)

That's what she said..

Yes I would have to say the flavor stays the whole way through... Now I have only been using this one carto for 2 days, but I mean I was constantly vaping it... at various voltages ..up to 5v... I think 6v is to much ..

I would have to agree though it vapes like an atomizer ... not sure yet how long it one will last out of box yet, but it does have modding potential..

It sort of works like the Greencig carto.. but better designed IMHO

Now I haven't had issues with the "traditional" filler cartos, but I am almost willing to say this is close to top of my list...

I especially like how the position of the element is like atties.. under the liquid.. rather then surrounded by (element vertical) or above it... I feel it just lets the flow from liquid to vape go naturally..if you know what I mean.

Again.. only 2 days at this point.. but if the pack of 5 last as long as an atty of the same price :D I am satisfied... only time will tell.. that and not vaping on it like a hog to see what I can get out of it.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Here is a video I managed to squeeze in... ashamed to say ahead of another

Please understand.. during the part where I took apart the cartomizer... That is not the intent of this device.. and generally won't be need to be done.. but you know how it is :D
LGD
Very interesting, LGD. I'm curious to know if the fitting and coil of the larger eGo cartomizer can be removed like that. I've been meaning to try some of them, but got side tracked with the saga of the E2 cartomizer.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for the vid LGD. I've been following these with Cozzi's vids too.

Altho I understand that popping the tube off the atty isn't the *intended* use, it got me curious (hubby calls me the queen of jerry rigging ) Why couldn't you fill these from the open tube bottom, letting it soak in good before slipping it back over the atty? Doing so at your own risk blah blah exclaimer :)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Very interesting, LGD. I'm curious to know if the fitting and coil of the larger eGo cartomizer can be removed like that. I've been meaning to try some of them, but got side tracked with the saga of the E2 cartomizer.

I can't say for sure, but by looking at Scottbee's disected on.. it doesn't appear to be possible with the ego cartos,,,, but I have them as welll and will see what is what :D

Thanks for the vid LGD. I've been following these with Cozzi's vids too.

Altho I understand that popping the tube off the atty isn't the *intended* use, it got me curious (hubby calls me the queen of jerry rigging ) Why couldn't you fill these from the open tube bottom, letting it soak in good before slipping it back over the atty? Doing so at your own risk blah blah exclaimer :)

Yes you could fill it from the tube bottom.. the reason I say it isn't intended,besides the obvious reason, is that I am not sure how many times you can take that tube off before the fit is loose. I have done it a few times with out issues so far.

Note: if you wanted to take it off you need to do it by twisting.. I have an adapter that I screwed the carto in then I gripped the bottom of the tube with padded pliers and twisted.. the next tricky part would be getting the atty part unscrewed from the adapter :p.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I can't say for sure, but by looking at Scottbee's disected on.. it doesn't appear to be possible with the ego cartos,,,, but I have them as welll and will see what is what :D

Yes you could fill it from the tube bottom.. the reason I say it isn't intended,besides the obvious reason, is that I am not sure how many times you can take that tube off before the fit is loose. I have done it a few times with out issues so far.

Note: if you wanted to take it off you need to do it by twisting.. I have an adapter that I screwed the carto in then I gripped the bottom of the tube with padded pliers and twisted.. the next tricky part would be getting the atty part unscrewed from the adapter :p.

Yep I don't think I would take it apart just so I can bottom fill, but if Cozzi is right that the atty part may be replaceable...you see the possibilities. I have an active imagination :)

I saw your adapter in the vid, assumed that was how you took it apart. I have mostly kr8 gear but my Chuck and my PT are 510 so I have a few adapters. I don't mind using the kr8 turbos on my PT but the adapter is being a pain in my azz on the Chuck. I hope these new 510s will solve that problem, not to mention how impressed yall are about the performance compared to atties or the kr8 cartos.

Thank you for indulging my curiosity :)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks for this, LGD :) I'm interested to see how long these last - my big issue with standard cartos is that they don't perform very well after 2 days of heavy use (I don't rotate cartos). Also, how do these compare to the E2's?

I don't rotate either... It will take some time for me to get normal use longevity data... I kind of hope and rely on the masses for that.. this way it's easier to get an average.

Edit: as far as the E2's I would have to say "out of box" GenJoye is +1 for me... can't comment much more because the E2s are apparently going through many changes so I couldn't give you an accurate comparison... these GenJoye cartos came out working as intended first run ...

Yep I don't think I would take it apart just so I can bottom fill, but if Cozzi is right that the atty part may be replaceable...you see the possibilities. I have an active imagination :)

I saw your adapter in the vid, assumed that was how you took it apart. I have mostly kr8 gear but my Chuck and my PT are 510 so I have a few adapters. I don't mind using the kr8 turbos on my PT but the adapter is being a pain in my azz on the Chuck. I hope these new 510s will solve that problem, not to mention how impressed yall are about the performance compared to atties or the kr8 cartos.

Thank you for indulging my curiosity :)

Well let me indulge it a little more... I am working on another possibilities with these... but I need more time for those :D

Are these the larger ones that you didn't talk about?

eGo cartomizer

If what I have read is correct people are having issues with burned plastic taste along with a messy fill. Or have these been redesigned? Love the fact that these can be dry burned. Please let us know if you find a way to dismantle the larger version.

Yes the ego cart that did a cameo in my vid are one and the same to the ones you linked... filling of these two are the same.. so I am not sure about the "messy" filling... just started on the ego cartos (moderately) but no plastic taste so far, but not sure if it won't happen....

the GenJoye cartos that I reviewed in this thread don't have a plastic taste so far.. and I was working them hard... by the design of these it doesn't look like it will.

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks for this, LGD :) I'm interested to see how long these last - my big issue with standard cartos is that they don't perform very well after 2 days of heavy use (I don't rotate cartos). Also, how do these compare to the E2's?

one has been lasting me about 6 days.. but I was jumping around towards the end.. since I wanted to get back to my familiar vaping routine :D

I can tell you this the taste is the same from first>last.... now I have still not concluded on the durability of these cartos compared to traditionals... If I had to say something now.. I would say traditional cartos are more durable , but these vape more consistantly (IMO)

As far as the E2s they seem like a strong carto, but it looks like hit and miss... one thing is it appears to be the first true dry burnable cartomizer (ceramic ones would be my guess ) I really shy away form "endorsing" the e2's only because I don't like how the manufacturing/selling process went about... and one thing I am willing to bet.. with in a month or two we will see some truly improved cartos out in the market.. and from more reputable companies like Boge JoyeTech to name two.

Oooo sounds intriguing and mysterious. Do tell :)

Here is my incomplete project if you haven't seen it... it's in the works

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-510-cartomizer-project-replacable-works.html

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
one has been lasting me about 6 days.....If I had to say something now.. I would say traditional cartos are more durable , but these vape more consistantly (IMO)

Thanks LGD :) The consistency sounds cool, but I think I'll pass due to a short life. I'm pretty happy with the ceramic E2's as a sort of beta product, but I hear you in that, for most, it might be best to wait a month or two so that there are more players in the market and units rock right out of the box.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks LGD :) The consistency sounds cool, but I think I'll pass due to a short life. I'm pretty happy with the ceramic E2's as a sort of beta product, but I hear you in that, for most, it might be best to wait a month or two so that there are more players in the market and units rock right out of the box.

I hear that... well I am saying 6 days so far... but if you are satisfied with your ceramic E2s then I don't blame you... I am opting to wait... :D I am happy with my GenJoyes and still use atties as well... and it's nice to have enough stock.. to wait for the "next-hot-thing" on the block :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread