Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Well I have the Kr808 connection 2nd Gen V2 Cartomizers from RS ...

I am in the process of uploading 2 videos: 1 the break down of the cartomizer
the other vaping and comments....

YouTube - Cartomizer V2 without filler pt 1.wmv

YouTube - Cartomizer V2 without filler pt 2.wmv

I can upload pics if you request, but that will be a little later ( you see it in the video anyway)

While you are waiting for the video here is a quick summary

Resistance: 2.5ohms
Holds: approx 1ml of liquid
Fill with: suggest to use 20g needle but 18g does work
Wicks?: Yes but very slow
Can you prevent burning?: Yes, but you have to take extreme care.
vape @ 6v: Yes/No
vape @ 5v: I haven't tested but again Yes/No

That's it for this first post: just waiting on the videos

Feel free to ask questions... that is if they haven't been answered already,, in other threads :D

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Yes I tried it at 3.7v and that is probably the best way to do it... but you have to be real patient because like some have said... I got about 4 -5 good hits before feeling the need to set it down and wait. Right now I am trying to baby it... to keep it from burning you know

. but with the wick wet it will react just like atties as far as heating up and getting that "burn" taste

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Ok then let me ask this, first when did you receive them, is it possible that these could be an older batch(god willing) and second, do you feel that this issue of whicking is simply the whick.

What I mean is, could it be the actual wick thats the issue, maybe the type of wick doesnt wick well, or do you think the design is flawed of how the wick is wrapped around the coil and then sitting downwards towards the juice.

is it possible that with maybe a thicker or different type of wick that the design would work any better.
Because from what im reading its simply a wick issue because when you first start off it works fine but as it gets dry it gets that burnt taste and its getting dry because the juice isnt wicking up to the coil properly, BUT IF IT DID THEN IT WOULD BE PERFECT????.

Also, im not a back to back vapor, I vape like an actual cigarette, a long drag then a pause for 20 seconds or so then another long drag and then a 20 second pause. do you think vaping with pauses like this would alleviate this issue of burning or wicking incorrectly.

and if you dont mind, what kind of juice are you using.

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Ok then let me ask this, first when did you receive them, is it possible that these could be an older batch(god willing) and second, do you feel that this issue of whicking is simply the whick.

What I mean is, could it be the actual wick thats the issue, maybe the type of wick doesnt wick well, or do you think the design is flawed of how the wick is wrapped around the coil and then sitting downwards towards the juice.

is it possible that with maybe a thicker or different type of wick that the design would work any better.
Because from what im reading its simply a wick issue because when you first start off it works fine but as it gets dry it gets that burnt taste and its getting dry becuase the juice isnt wicking up to the coil properly, BUT IF IT DID THEN IT WOULD BE PERFECT????.

Well the wicking material/ and the coil/element seems to be the same as atties (first video is almost done uploading and will show it disassembled)

I think the main problem is that even though it wicks it doesn't wick at the speed that one vapes.. you have the same problem (maybe not at the same level) when using carts on atties.. that is why people tend to lean to dripping with atties.

the cartos with filler (version we all know) have a problem as well but that occurs when you get to the point where the cartomizer is trying to get the juice that is soaked on the outer part of the filler...

Soo I guess in short it is the design.. since it is a "sealed" set up getting the liquid from the wicking that's emerged in the liquid to the inner "chamber" where the element and the wick are set up. is a slow process.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I guess the question I have is: Would you order them again?

Well I have 150 of them so I see no need ;)

But after my 2nd video is up... I will give you a possible reason why one would buy them again... (of course that would be opinion ;) )

Video 1 is up in original post

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
Thanks for doing that vid! Finally have an idea of what it looks like inside.

The 510 version has a different inner plastic cap. Instead of 1 big center hole and 2 medium side holes, it has 7 holes!

The center one is about half the size of the one on yours. It then has 4 holes arranged in a diamond around the center hole. The refill holes on the side are minuscule compared to the ones on your video! I have a 20 gauge needle and it couldn't fit at all. It's honestly so tiny, you'd have trouble stringing a thin fishing line through it!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Great video!

Looks like the liquid has to travel a good ways to get to the coil. Do you think if they increased the amount of wick and gave it 4 channels instead of 2 it might wick faster?

I guess it would improve.. not sure if that would increase leaking or not.. but if they (+) it where the element is and gave it 4 avenues for wicking I would assume it would improve... but they would have to do that with out making the element/coil too big (of course @ 2.5ohms it has alittle flexibility)

also I would think you wouldn't want too much wicking.. then it would be just a sealed carto w/filler :D

but there are there are other ways of decreasing wait time, but would slightly minimize the cartomizer concept.

@Bad pe patient ;) soon

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks for doing that vid! Finally have an idea of what it looks like inside.

The 510 version has a different inner plastic cap. Instead of 1 big center hole and 2 medium side holes, it has 7 holes!

The center one is about half the size of the one on yours. It then has 4 holes arranged in a diamond around the center hole. The refill holes on the side are minuscule compared to the ones on your video! I have a 20 gauge needle and it couldn't fit at all. It's honestly so tiny, you'd have trouble stringing a thin fishing line through it!

That's intersting... might have to do a trade (that is if you have enough) I wouldn't mind ripping into that one... :D

I am already thinking of ways to "mod" these for other uses ;)

I won't say these are the Holy GriLL :p But this is a step closer

I have to test these out a little more, but Without sounding "full of myself" this generation might not be for the novice.... I have to ponder on what "procedure" would be best for the first-timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread