Rawr Vapor - negative review

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsu99999

Jun 17, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hey guys -
I'm not a heavy poster, but am a heavy vapor and have been vaping going on almost 5 years now. In my experience, I've found vendors of attys and juice to be some of the kindest people in the world. Every single vendor I've dealt with has left me feeling great, and even if the product wasn't up to snuf, I walked away from the transaction feeling good (one time I got an entire box of bad cartos, another time I was sent the wrong E-cig case).

Upon a recommendation from a friend, I tried out Rawr Vapor. I ordered around 60 bucks worth of juice, not an enormous order, but a decent order to see what they had to offer. I received my package in normal time, loaded up my atty, and coughed/choked my lungs out due to the menthol. Upon further inspection, I realized that every single bottle of juice I ordered was menthol, and I'm not talking "cool ice" or "newport" flavors, I'm talking like strawberry cream, banana, etc type juices - stuff that you normally wouldn't want in menthol.

I went to the site and realized the problem - AS DEFAULT, RAWR HAS ALL JUICES SET TO MENTHOL - you have to physically change it to zero menthol. This is a site design flaw. Juices should be at a default of non menthol.

I fully admit that I should have paid better attention when I ordered, but who would automatically assume every single juice was set to menthol. I wasn't even upset - I figured hey, I'll just email the company and they will take these back and replace my order with what I originally wanted... WRONG - All I got from him was the following....

"I'm sorry you made a mistake man. Unfortunately I can't replace or exchange orders as they are consumables and are customized to each individual order. There are drop down menus for each option, you used one of these to pick 24mg. Also, I show that you have had the juice for over a week. I am sorry but I cannot replace the order. I hope you understand."

Well, Rawr, I don't understand. In fact, I think it's bull..... What upsets me even more is that from what I hear, there juice is really damn good. You could have had a regular customer in me. It wouldn't have cost you a dime. All you would have needed to do is say "I'm sorry you made a mistake. Send back the items you ordered and I'll send the corrected order back to you" OR "Let me send you a code for a discount off your next order" OR "Let me readjust the order on my end and I'll ship what you tried to order immediately".

Sorry to vent - this happened earlier this year and I just came across someone talking about their juice and it upsets me because my pride will not allow me to order from them again. There are PLENTY of juice vendors out there that really care about their customers (at least they care about keeping their business). I'm used to getting vendors sending me hand written notes, extras, and telling them they love me.

Get with the program on your customer support! Everyone else in this industry is AMAZING! You lost what could have been a beautiful relationship RAWR - Do you think someone like FreedomSmoke or Pink Spot would pull this crap?

Sincerely,
...... off Customer

Vapor_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Jackson, TN USA
www.roarvapor.com
Hey WSU,

Wow you've held onto this one for a bit. Listen man, I am sorry you had a negative experience with me. People who know me know that I am a menthol freak and what you suggest as flavors you don't want in your menthol sound delicious to me. Banana and Strawberry Cream mentholated? Well in fact mentholated banana flavors are some of my favorite and many of my customers too.

But I am jumping ahead of myself. It is because of your issue and a few others that shortly after your order I changed the default menthol option to be none. I realized that I wasn't helping anyone get what they wanted by trying to be different. That being said, I do operate my business a bit differently than MOST of the juice vendors out there. Everything I send out is made fresh to order. Between this and the fact that I have so many options as far as nic level, pg/vg ratio, and menthol, each juice really is customized to your specifics. If someone has a problem with a juice not being how they order it, I of course take it back, figure out the problem, and send out a new order. That juice that they sent back gets thrown away. I won't and no vendor should put juice or any consumable back on a shelf to be sold later to another customer, that just isn't safe practice for anyone involved.

So it would have cost me to send you out an entire new order. Doesn't mean I shouldn't have still done it anyway, just pointing out that it wouldn't have been just some easy fix that I could have done. You received exactly the order that you purchased and at the time I didn't feel like it was my mistake to fix.

I pride myself on my customer service. I try to go out of my way to make people happy and I think if my customers could post in here, they would agree with me. There is a thread here on ECF called "Rawr Does Good Work" or something along the lines. In that thread, this very topic was brought up. I don't like tooting my own horn so I wont. Go to that thread and ask anyone, I welcome the comments. I try to do my best with each situation that may arise. I try to do my best.

I'm sorry that you overlooked the menthol option and got juice you didn't like, that your pride won't let you give me a second chance, and most of all that you waited so long to make this post. I'm not sure what else to say.

Mike

Here's a link to that thread: Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread