Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I just rewicked my Siren V2 since I prefer that tank (I am fearful as yet trying to keep more than one rta running), and I really stuffed that rayon in there, and thinned out the tails quite a bit. So far, the vape quality is far better, and it's dry as a bone everywhere else, so thanks for that. I really used as much rayon as I could without deforming the coil, and I really like the vape. Guess time will tell, but I keep peering over at it, with the airholes open, and no seepage :)

Glad I joined in, here. I think it will take a day or so to really tell, but so far, I am quite pleased. I love the Siren V2 vape, and it's even improved. :)

Thanks for the suggestions, I will report back! :)

Anna

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Well, I just rewicked my Siren V2 since I prefer that tank (I am fearful as yet trying to keep more than one RTA running), and I really stuffed that rayon in there, and thinned out the tails quite a bit. So far, the vape quality is far better, and it's dry as a bone everywhere else, so thanks for that. I really used as much rayon as I could without deforming the coil, and I really like the vape. Guess time will tell, but I keep peering over at it, with the airholes open, and no seepage :)

Glad I joined in, here. I think it will take a day or so to really tell, but so far, I am quite pleased. I love the Siren V2 vape, and it's even improved. :)

Anna
Yes please report back :) we need more activity in this thread. Rayon is awesome.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I left my tank sit for over an hour... airholes open and not.one.drop has seeped out and it's still vaping fantastically-- normally by now I would have had minor seepage, so THANKS you guys, I did recommend this thread to a couple folks, and I am LOVING my Siren V2's vape, it's fantastic!!! So that is report number one and if it keeps up (I think it might compared to my other RTA builds) I would almost be okay to take one out of the house.... My builds were starting off optimistically and slowly becoming sad, so I am very glad I posted here, for sure! I really think that stuffing the coil like crazy and then thinning the wick were my main issues, thanks you guys :) :) I appreciate it.

I really actually prefer the taste of rayon to cotton, so I'm happy!

Anna

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Well, I just rewicked my Siren V2 since I prefer that tank (I am fearful as yet trying to keep more than one RTA running), and I really stuffed that rayon in there, and thinned out the tails quite a bit. So far, the vape quality is far better, and it's dry as a bone everywhere else, so thanks for that. I really used as much rayon as I could without deforming the coil, and I really like the vape. Guess time will tell, but I keep peering over at it, with the airholes open, and no seepage :)

Anna
Welcome Anna to the “infamous rayon groupies, group” great peeps here!

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well, I left my tank sit for over an hour... airholes open and not.one.drop has seeped out and it's still vaping fantastically-- normally by now I would have had minor seepage, so THANKS you guys, I did recommend this thread to a couple folks, and I am LOVING my Siren V2's vape, it's fantastic!!! So that is report number one and if it keeps up (I think it might compared to my other RTA builds) I would almost be okay to take one out of the house.... My builds were starting off optimistically and slowly becoming sad, so I am very glad I posted here, for sure! I really think that stuffing the coil like crazy and then thinning the wick were my main issues, thanks you guys :) :) I appreciate it.

I really actually prefer the taste of rayon to cotton, so I'm happy!

Anna

I don't have 4 thumbs, but anyway..:thumbs::thumbs:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Hey Stols, this is the second "Rayon" thread, lots more than what you see here in the first thread! The first thread was a lot more "research" related though and lead to this thread where things have been figured out, for the most part anyway. Thanks to the Grand High Exalted Mystic Rayonoti, Jeremy.

I use the "rule of thumb" rule when I wick with rayon (which is every build). If I have to use my thumb nail to stabilize the coil as I pull the wick through, I've got enough in the coil. As far as trimming tails, that's pretty specific to the tank involved and you do want enough to prevent seeping IN through the wick channels.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Eclectic Sloth Productions.
I really like the way you are heading with your content, it's going to be great! ;)
That name suggestion is definitely on my radar, it has a cool ring to it, and it's fitting for the channel :thumb::thumb:

lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
think this thread can be a bit daunting due to its gargantuan nature.
now that i've been using rayon for a good while i feel like i can post in it :cool:
i've bored folk rigid elsewhere on here with my adventures but i'm a convert. since i started using it every single build i've done has used the wonderfibre© (except the mesh RDA...do prefer cotton in that) and the difference is remarkable. took me a wee while to grasp and fine tune but think i've got it nailed.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
That's what I'm thinking too... my wick gets saturated and then slowly starts leaking. Happened most recently in the VV Berserker, but it does tend to happen to me. I'm going to try really over stuffing my coil today and see if that helps it. If I do that, I'm assuming I will want to thin out the tails a bit so I don't get flooding? I really usually like my build for the first while, then... leaking. Thanks :)

Anna

The Berserker has got huge juice channels, a shallow juice well and bottom airflow; all attributes which can contribute to leaking Anna.
FYI, the density of the rayon in the coil doesn't affect leaking one way or another but the thickness of the wick tails does. They need to fill the juice channels so try leaving more thickness in the wick tails.
One other related thing with leaking RTAs is that if you're underpowering your build you could be drawing in more juice than you're vaping off. That can cause flooding/leaking too so try turning the power up a little and see if that helps.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm sure that may be the case, and I definitely underwicked it, so I plan to use more with that tank, and less thinning sounds reasonable comparing that tank to the Siren V2. I will have at it eventually, I'm just at the point where I'd rather run one RTA at the time, though that may change if I really get this wicking thing down.... Right now it's upside down in my vape organizer and I'm sure I will get to it in time.. LOL.

Anna

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I'm sure that may be the case, and I definitely underwicked it, so I plan to use more with that tank, and less thinning sounds reasonable comparing that tank to the Siren V2. I will have at it eventually, I'm just at the point where I'd rather run one RTA at the time, though that may change if I really get this wicking thing down.... Right now it's upside down in my vape organizer and I'm sure I will get to it in time.. LOL.

Anna

Underwicked the juice channels, yes. Wicking with rayon is easy, just make sure you pull enough through the coil to feel a vibration or hear a squeak noise. Too little in the coil will cause dry hits or burnt hits even at lower power levels. With smaller wire gauge builds you may have the brace the coil with your thumbnail to keep from deforming it while pulling the rayon through. On RDAs most of the wick tails can be trimmed/thinned away to allow for max juice flow. On RTAs the tails need to be kept thick enough to fill the juice channels even after the rayon has shrunk up after a day or two. Some RTAs with huge juice channels need no tail thinning at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread