RBA comparison/Review : UVO Systems Aqua Vs Kayfun Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewistein

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS
I wanted to get into RBA's with tanks after purchasing my first RDA the IGO-W. I was blown away by the vapor I was able to achieve, but hated dry-hits every 10 or so. Being serious about getting legit equipment, I didn't want to do clones. After great recommendations from Thrasher, I opted for the Aqua for it's dual coil build and a Kayfun Lite for it's massive tank and general popularity of the Kayfun models. I've been vaping on both constantly for a couple weeks now and really loving both, Here's my breakdown of the pros & cons.

Aqua: Dual coil building is great. Threads are awesome. Airflow is sick. Design & Threads are perfect. Dig the hand-tightening screws for builing CONS: Leaks:Took a while to get filling down and once I switched to cotton rather than ecowool it hasn't been an issue. Tank size is a bit small. overall a little messier when rebuilding/assembling.

Kayfun Lite Plus: Build is top notch. Tank is massive. Clear chamber to see how much liquid is handy. Aiflow screw is handy. CONS: Filling with the screw in the bottom is a bit of a pain on the go, but I fill from the top if I'm needing to without trouble. Wish I could dual coil build on it. Love my ohms to be right around .8 vaping this on my Provari 2 at 1.6 ohms at 4.3 volts right now but suprisingly it produces almost as much vapor as the Aqua at .83 on my Smoktech magneto.

Flavor is almost identical, but I would give a small edge to the Aqua.

Very pleased with both. I had originally planned to see which I liked best and then sell the other, but even though I'm in the hole almost $300 for the two of these combined, It's VERY worth it for the best vaping experience you could ask for.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

floridaBMW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
S. Florida
Thanks for the short review. I am a Kayfun junkie, a gennie and dripper r set up but the KF is my all day equipment. I recently picked up an Aqua and Origin from the classies and am super psyched. I am not loving the tank capacity either but dual coil at .8-.9 sounds like juicy vaping. Thanks again

Ken

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Does any place having these in stock? I'm having trouble finding them in stock.

I found that for the Kayfun Lite+ - the ONLY place I was able to find it "IN STOCK" was at www.cloud9vapor.com

Everywhere else listed "OUT OF STOCK" or "ON BACK ORDER" or something close to those two. My cloud9vapor (C9V) order has arrived on US soil - but not delivered yet. So with the order being placed on 2 / 2 / 2014 and already being in the states - that's a pretty fast dispatch. Granted it took them a day to process, but, at least it arrived on US soil. If asked how much I spent at C9V - lets just say I bought the Kayfun Light+ and the PV Cone.

lebeatnik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
San Diego, California
I cant say i like one more than the other as currently i only have the AQUA I was in the market for a kayfun and then saw the AQUA had dual coils so i decided i wanted that as you can in fact use it with one coil so in my mind it was the better option. I like my dual coils from .7 at the lowest to .9 at the highest my build right now is a bit high being about .95 at build IDK what it is right now because the wire has broken in. My curent build is a 30g dual coil 12 wraps on each side lotsa surface area and heats up quickly. Thats Also on An Origin Mod in Hybrid mode.

About Filling I ALWAYS fill it from the bottom supposed to fit 3 mls that way IDK i use a dropper and it takes 3 full droppers full, Also this way you can also check out your build maybe tweak it etc, I believe the method i am trying to explain is the normal way to fil a Squape. check it out online once i started to fill this way no leaking and less filling.

Aqua pros: Dual coil
Ajutable airflow
Ajustable Juice feed
Does not leak
Runs in hybrid mode (which is AWESOME)

Aqua Cons:
21mm Diameter (i use it with origin so issue for me, although its not flush on most 22 mm mods but its a 1 mm difference I have only heard this complaint)
Small tank which i am always afraid i will not think and burn my wicks and have to rebuild, would like a clear option
The area you have to work with is small and being a dual coil tank its difficult to capture the wires (capturing 2 wires on each post) having slotted posts or holes in the posts would make it much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread