RBA for BIG baby beast tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I know these threads are heavily moderated and this may not be the right place, but Lord knows I've scoured the internet and CANNOT find the answer that I need....I have the BIG baby beast tank. I did not buy it tank only, bought it with the X8 stick kit. (I’m saying at upfront because my kid did not include the RBA)
I purchased the RBA for the baby beast tank and it’s too small, OK no problem I was under the impression from what I had read that that was the correct one for my tank but no problem so then I got the V8 rba, just the regular cloud beast I guess I don’t know (all those tfv8 smok tanks are confusing) but in any event it doesn’t fit at the bottom where you screw that part to the bottom of the tank.... so neither the baby beast RBA or the V8 rba fit and I don’t know what to do ...I just want to stop buying premade coils but is that even an option for the big baby tank? Literally everything I am coming across says that the baby and BIG baby share the same RBA but that is just not the case. HELLLPPP!!!

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I am having the same problem as you on trying to find the right RBA for the Big Baby Beast except I bought the
Smok TF V8 and it is too big, I believe it is for the Cloud beast.
$8.19 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Replacement V8-RBA Coil Head - 0.28ohm (50-140W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You are right the names can be confusing.
I think this is the one we need I found at Fasttech
$9.83 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Baby Replacement RBA Coil Head at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I believe we need this glass too
$1.92 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Clearomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Even these are confusing- I have the Lighted version of the big baby tank so I am not sure any of these work with my tank.
Since these Big Baby tanks take the baby beast coils- this RBA should work, but then comes the problem with the glass.

Reactions: ashharmon
I’m not having a problem with the glass, it’s the coils themselves are too big or too small.... I dunno what the base part is called, but it’s the part that screws into the bottom of the tank and on the other side has the 510 thread and the pin. That part has to screw to the coil once the coil attaches to the chimney and the baby coils don’t fit they’re too small, the baby RBA doesn’t fit it’s too small, and the cloud beast RBA doesn’t fit because it’s too small/too big. So I’m just really starting to think that there’s not an RBA for the big baby beast tank... I WISH SOMEONE WOULD tell me that I’m right there is no RBA so I’ll quit wasting my time and money looking I guess I’ll have to switch over to that freeMax mesh tank... my husband has it and the flavor is AMAZING

Reactions: SnapDragon NY
I’m not having a problem with the glass, it’s the coils themselves are too big or too small.... I dunno what the base part is called, but it’s the part that screws into the bottom of the tank and on the other side has the 510 thread and the pin. That part has to screw to the coil once the coil attaches to the chimney and the baby coils don’t fit they’re too small, the baby RBA doesn’t fit it’s too small, and the cloud beast RBA doesn’t fit because it’s too small/too big. So I’m just really starting to think that there’s not an RBA for the big baby beast tank... I WISH SOMEONE WOULD tell me that I’m right there is no RBA so I’ll quit wasting my time and money looking I guess I’ll have to switch over to that freeMax mesh tank... my husband has it and the flavor is AMAZING
I am having the same problem as you on trying to find the right RBA for the Big Baby Beast except I bought the
Smok TF V8 and it is too big, I believe it is for the Cloud beast.
$8.19 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Replacement V8-RBA Coil Head - 0.28ohm (50-140W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You are right the names can be confusing.
I think this is the one we need I found at Fasttech
$9.83 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Baby Replacement RBA Coil Head at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I believe we need this glass too
$1.92 Iwodevape Replacement Glass Tank for SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Clearomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Even these are confusing- I have the Lighted version of the big baby tank so I am not sure any of these work with my tank.
Since these Big Baby tanks take the baby beast coils- this RBA should work, but then comes the problem with the glass.

That part about the big baby tanks using the baby coils, I haven't found that to be true... The baby coils are much much smaller in diameter and absolutely wouldn't work for my big baby beast tank.... But it seems like I'm the only one on earth having that issue?? What am I missing???

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
The baby rba does work in the big bb tank. It should screw into the base just fine. You however need a larger glass section to be able to screw the base into the top part of the tank. This has been covered many times here. Heres the piece of glass you need to use with the baby rba.

TFV8 Big Baby RBA Replacement Glass

If you buy the big bb tank kit, it comes with the same rba thats in the baby rba kit, but also a larger glass piece.

You are right, the cloud beast and other rba won't fit

Well I must be the only person on planet earth that has this problem, i have the larger glass but the coil base is just WAY too small to fit the bottom part of the tank, i understand what you are saying about it needed the bigger glass but the glass isn't what holds the bottom part to the tank, the coil is where it scews....at least from my observation. and that base will never screw. i did not have the fortune of buying the bb beast tank by itself, it came with a kit so i wasn't lucky enough to get the rba for it. and i know this topic has been covered all over the internet but all posts say exactly what you just said, that the baby rba will fit with the extended glass but that is just not fact for me. The coil is too narrow to hold the base so try as i might, regardles the glass size...i cannot fit the baby rba to the bb tank. I have scoured the internet and no one else seems to be having this problem :(

• Optimistic

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Well I must be the only person on planet earth that has this problem, i have the larger glass but the coil base is just WAY too small to fit the bottom part of the tank, i understand what you are saying about it needed the bigger glass but the glass isn't what holds the bottom part to the tank, the coil is where it scews....at least from my observation. and that base will never screw. i did not have the fortune of buying the bb beast tank by itself, it came with a kit so i wasn't lucky enough to get the rba for it. and i know this topic has been covered all over the internet but all posts say exactly what you just said, that the baby rba will fit with the extended glass but that is just not fact for me. The coil is too narrow to hold the base so try as i might, regardles the glass size...i cannot fit the baby rba to the bb tank. I have scoured the internet and no one else seems to be having this problem :(

I would probably go to a Vape Shop and see what RBA will fit your tank or show them the problem you are having- Do the Baby Beast factory coils fit? If they do then the Baby Beast RBA should fit.
This should fit

My Smok Big Baby Lighted edition tank did not come with the RBA either but the factory coils it takes are the
V8 Baby-Q2
V8 Baby-T8
V8 Baby-X4
These are the included coils with my tank -
Sorry I can't help with your problem, I don't understand why the RBA doesn't fit- if the factory coils fit, then the RBA for the Baby Beast should fit.

Reactions: ashharmon

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Smok TFV8 Baby RBA Head

SMOK_V8_Baby_RBA_Box_WM__95465.1488846893.jpg

Smok premade coils letting you down, or just want to customize your vape? Smok has provided a solution, a rebuildable deck. Simply build your own or purchase one of ours and install the coils in the velocity style deck. Smok has included special replacement glass that must be used when utilizing the RBA head.

Works with the TFV8 Baby Beast. The RBA itself also works with the TFV8 Big Baby Beast, however you will need the properly sized glass available here, as the included glass only fits the TFV8 Baby Beast.

Includes:

• Smok TFV8 Baby RBA Head
  • TFV8 Baby RBA Replacement Glass
  • Extra Screws
  • Extra O-ring
  • Allen Key

I'm just cheap and want to build my own BC I'm tired of having to rewick my dripper every day and I've always been happy with the bbb tank. No the baby coils don't fit either, that's why I'm so confused as to how so many people say that the rba should fit, they are literally like half the size!!! I took a picture of the baby rba, my bbb coil and base, and the cloud beast rba. Just to show you size difference of the threading at the base of the tank. The cloud beast is much closer in size, but the threading location/diameter is still not a match. The rba looks much bigger than a typical baby coil but it's still way way too small to screw into the base. I used to have a baby tank so I have tons of coils for it still, and can compare them to my tank, that's how I am so familiar with the major size differences.
I'm not crazy, I don't care what smok says, the baby rba DOES NOT fit the big baby tank!! :( Such a disappointment. I was hoping to find a solution here but it's just more of the same, more people telling me the baby rba fits.... I am so disappointed in the whole thing. Wish I'd known this BEFORE buying not one but TWO big baby tanks for me and hubby.

Attachments

• 2C15DBAA-6F64-4DC5-AFC3-E60B62D3A98E.jpeg
    2C15DBAA-6F64-4DC5-AFC3-E60B62D3A98E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 112
  • 122B0B43-230E-4A27-AC9C-D2AA68997A45.jpeg
    122B0B43-230E-4A27-AC9C-D2AA68997A45.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
I would probably go to a Vape Shop and see what RBA will fit your tank or show them the problem you are having- Do the Baby Beast factory coils fit? If they do then the Baby Beast RBA should fit.
This should fit

My Smok Big Baby Lighted edition tank did not come with the RBA either but the factory coils it takes are the
V8 Baby-Q2
V8 Baby-T8
V8 Baby-X4
These are the included coils with my tank -
Sorry I can't help with your problem, I don't understand why the RBA doesn't fit- if the factory coils fit, then the RBA for the Baby Beast should fit.

I wasn't sure if I answered your question fully, the factory coils for the baby are way smaller than the big baby, and absolutely are not cross compatible. The baby rba is a much bigger coil deck setup, but still not large enough for the big baby. And the coil naming system smok came up with is less than easy and simple, I'm afraid to order coils for fear of getting the wrong (small) ones again. The coils that came with my tanks are DONE... And that's why I was hoping to build instead of worrying about getting useless coils or paying for new ones each week. Im vape HEAVY.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
... I did not buy it tank only, bought it with the X8 stick kit. (I’m saying at upfront because my kid did not include the RBA)

There is the problem. The X8 stick kit include the TFV8 X-Baby Beast, which does take it's own RBA.
Stick X8 - SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!

You have top air flow, correct?

here is your rba:
Rebuildable Atomizer Head RBA Head for SMOKTech TFV8 Baby Beast

$9.90 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 X-Baby RBA Replacement Coil Head - 0.35ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The inside of your base is missing- are both your tanks like that? There is nothing to screw any of your coils into.
Where did you get these from? Mine is the Big Baby Lighted edition and the inside of the base looks different.

View attachment 740647

That is because that is the base to the X-8 Baby Beast.

Alas! Someone who speaks the language of coils (which I do not lol) speaks something that makes some kind of sense! That seems like the answer I've been looking for for. Or at least puts me closer. The original stick I bought had coils that all said x baby on them, this last tank setup said big baby and was twice and big so I'm even a little hesitant to get too excited BC the x part of x baby names me think of those little tiny coils. But moving in forward direction!! And for that, Sir, I thank you!!!

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
That is because that is the base to the X-8 Baby Beast.
Thanks for the help as she kept saying the Big Baby Tank- I was starting to think it was a different tank from the pictures and it looks nothing like mine.
The box usually tells what tank you have and what coils it takes.

Reactions: SupplyDaddy

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Alas! Someone who speaks the language of coils (which I do not lol) speaks something that makes some kind of sense! That seems like the answer I've been looking for for. Or at least puts me closer. The original stick I bought had coils that all said x baby on them, this last tank setup said big baby and was twice and big so I'm even a little hesitant to get too excited BC the x part of x baby names me think of those little tiny coils. But moving in forward direction!! And for that, Sir, I thank you!!!

Kinda of hard to help someone when they don't know the name of the tank they are using. Yes Smok has many tanks and it does get confusing, but you said Big Baby Beast and thought I could help as I own one and I know what it is because that is what it says on the box.

Yes sorry I got a little lost in my kids for a minute, one woke up to potty and another for a bottle but now that they are settled I'm catching up and feeling optimistic again! Yes I have top airflow and to tell you how little I know about smok tanks, I didn't even know there was an x big baby and x baby as compared to regular big babies and babies. Ha! I literally just had lightbulbs go off. Now what coils would I even order? Is there a certain kind, if I wanted to get premade coils? Like I'm feeling less and less educated and more and more like there's hope again. You wouldn't believe the trouble I've put myself through trying to solve this. Honestly! I had just started vaping again when I got these tanks and had never even heard of smok. Back when I vaped before, it was in the olden times when everyone had Kanger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread