RBA n00b in da house :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albantar

Oct 16, 2013
Loenen, GLD, NL
Hi guys, I'm new to ECF (and new to RBA's) but here's my story:

About a year ago I first started vaping, purchased a NuCig Pro 4 kit and I was happy with it... for a while.

I then bought two eGo-C Upgrade USB 1000mAh batteries and a few Vision Upgraded and Vision V3 clearomizers... what a treat compared to the NuCig!

Next I switched to Mini Vivi Nova's on my eGo-C batteries - even better than the Visions.

I then went for the eVic with Vision STV Nova clearomizers; better than the eGo-C mostly because the battery lasts all day and because it offers more control of the "vaping experience".

And just yesterday I received an AGA-T2, my first step into the RBA world. Still having some trouble with it, though... Took me an hour to get my first wick + coil together yesterday evening and it wasn't working quite as it should. This morning I made a new coil, which worked a bit better, but halfway through emptying the tank I was getting hot spots again... So I threw on one of my trusty Vision STV Nova's again, will try to get the AGA-T2 to work as it should tonight...

Even though I didn't get it quite right yet, I already see the potential of the AGA-T2. When it did work, the taste was a lot "cleaner" than with the Nova. I just have to get the hang of making those coils right. :D

Albantar

Oct 16, 2013
Loenen, GLD, NL
If it's not hard it's no fun. ;)

I've watched a number of tutorials on Youtube, I'm pretty sure I'll get it right one of these days. Just have to try, try and try again. I probably didn't oxydize my wick properly because I seem to be getting shorts. I think I'll do a complete rebuild tonight (new wick and new coil), see if I can get it right that time.

Why didn't I go for an RDA? I wanted an upgrade to my Vision STV Nova clearomizers and I don't feel like dripping. So what if it takes even a week or two to get the hang of building up the AGA-T2, I still have the Novas in the meantime. :)

Plus, the AGA-T2 looks nice. I wish there were a "head cover" for the eVic that connects nicely to the AGA...

20131016_103904.jpg

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
If it's not hard it's no fun. ;)

I've watched a number of tutorials on Youtube, I'm pretty sure I'll get it right one of these days. Just have to try, try and try again. I probably didn't oxydize my wick properly because I seem to be getting shorts. I think I'll do a complete rebuild tonight (new wick and new coil), see if I can get it right that time.

Why didn't I go for an RDA? I wanted an upgrade to my Vision STV Nova clearomizers and I don't feel like dripping. So what if it takes even a week or two to get the hang of building up the AGA-T2, I still have the Novas in the meantime. :)

Plus, the AGA-T2 looks nice. I wish there were a "head cover" for the eVic that connects nicely to the AGA...

View attachment 262446

eVic flat top caps are all over the internet vape shops. One example:

Genuine Joyetech Flat Top Cap for eVic

I have a Kir Fanis flat top on mine:

Kir Fanis Stainless Telescoping Evic Tube with IGO-L.jpg

You can find these sloping or without slopes in many different configurations, materials, colors, etc. Happy hunting!

KrisAinTX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Central Texas
aga-t are a pain to build. u did get the hardest possible RBA for your first try. try a RDA, much much easier to rebuild, very good performance

I only own two rebuildables, an AGA T2 and a Nimbus. I find my AGA easier to build than the dripper.

Of course, I could have just gotten a very difficult-to-build dripper :)

In any case, rebuildables are pretty darn awesome. Great flavor, great vapor production, and fun to play with.

ZW99GT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2012
DFW
My first rebuildable was also an AGA T2. I had some troubles with the positive post not contacting any of my mods so the resistance was jumping all over the place. Once I got that all adjusted correctly (I just wrapped some dental floss around the bottom of the pin to make it stick out a bit) it's really been awesome. I've since acquired and built 5 RDA's, but I use my T2 all the time. It works so well with microcoil, cotton and 50/50 juice. I have to tilt pretty hard with 75% VG, but it produces a great vape.

Albantar

Oct 16, 2013
Loenen, GLD, NL
eVic flat top caps are all over the internet vape shops. One example:

Genuine Joyetech Flat Top Cap for eVic

I have a Kir Fanis flat top on mine:

View attachment 262449

You can find these sloping or without slopes in many different configurations, materials, colors, etc. Happy hunting!

Yeah, I've googled around a bit and found several shops that sell flat tops for the eVic - however, so far none that ship to the Netherlands for a reasonable fee. Like this UK shop that sells a flat top for 3 pounds but charges 9 pounds for shipping... :/

Anyway, I bought the AGA-T2 knowing that I probably wouldn't be able to get it right the first time, or the second or third for that matter. So it's no disappointment either. :)

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
Hi guys, I'm new to ECF (and new to RBA's) but here's my story:

About a year ago I first started vaping, purchased a NuCig Pro 4 kit and I was happy with it... for a while.

I then bought two eGo-C Upgrade USB 1000mAh batteries and a few Vision Upgraded and Vision V3 clearomizers... what a treat compared to the NuCig!

Next I switched to Mini Vivi Nova's on my eGo-C batteries - even better than the Visions.

I then went for the eVic with Vision STV Nova clearomizers; better than the eGo-C mostly because the battery lasts all day and because it offers more control of the "vaping experience".

And just yesterday I received an AGA-T2, my first step into the RBA world. Still having some trouble with it, though... Took me an hour to get my first wick + coil together yesterday evening and it wasn't working quite as it should. This morning I made a new coil, which worked a bit better, but halfway through emptying the tank I was getting hot spots again... So I threw on one of my trusty Vision STV Nova's again, will try to get the AGA-T2 to work as it should tonight...

Even though I didn't get it quite right yet, I already see the potential of the AGA-T2. When it did work, the taste was a lot "cleaner" than with the Nova. I just have to get the hang of making those coils right. :D

You'll get there sooner or later brother, an RBA takes builds after builds after builds but you will master it with practice just like everything else. But once you do, you'll find it's like a whole new level of vaping and you will never go back to just a regular ol' tank :)
Not to sure if you have a mod yet or not, because all I've read in your post was about ego's and that could be where your problem is. Get a mech. Mod for better results. And good luck!

Albantar

Oct 16, 2013
Loenen, GLD, NL
You'll get there sooner or later brother, an RBA takes builds after builds after builds but you will master it with practice just like everything else. But once you do, you'll find it's like a whole new level of vaping and you will never go back to just a regular ol' tank :)
Not to sure if you have a mod yet or not, because all I've read in your post was about ego's and that could be where your problem is. Get a mech. Mod for better results. And good luck!

Isn't te eVic good enough? I might get a vamo but I'm not sure it'd be better. Sure, there's the provari too but it's quite expensive...

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
There are a lot of RBA newbies who think that you have to have a mechanical mod to get good vape. The mechanical mods have no circuitry, so you can build sub ohm coils.

Your AGA t will work perfectly fine with your eVic. For SS mesh builds, it is a matter of working out hot spots. With the AGA T, the screws on the positive posts can come loose. Either way, the most work with genesis style builds is usually working out hot spots after you build the coil.

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
Isn't te eVic good enough? I might get a vamo but I'm not sure it'd be better. Sure, there's the provari too but it's quite expensive...

The eVic should do just fine, and whatever you do don't waste your money and get a Provari.. They can't amp more than 3.5 besides the fact that there American made, they are complete garbage. I personally have the Vamo v3 and my magnificent Magneto v2. Both fire great with the t2 and will work wonders. Good luck bud.

Last edited:

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
There are a lot of RBA newbies who think that you have to have a mechanical mod to get good vape. The mechanical mods have no circuitry, so you can build sub ohm coils.

Your AGA t will work perfectly fine with your eVic. For SS mesh builds, it is a matter of working out hot spots. With the AGA T, the screws on the positive posts can come loose. Either way, the most work with genesis style builds is usually working out hot spots after you build the coil.

Me and RBA newbie? Lmao your funny kid. Don't troll the OP with your information.. Especially for someone that just got into building coils, yet your telling them to go sub ohm!? What are you trying to do? Safety first young blood.

Peazy

Feb 20, 2013
Michigan
Hey man, try wrapping a "micro" style coil on a drill bit that's slightly smaller than the wick hole. Roll some ss mesh to fit loosely in the coil then lightly wrap some cotton on the top 3/4 of the wick. It wicks better, draws more flavor out, and "insulates" the mesh from the AGA to virtually never have hot spots. After I started doing this everything goes smoothly every time the first time , no hot spots, coil glows from center out, and great flavor with huge clouds of vapor. I almost thread the wick wrapped in cotton through the coil and when is saturated the cotton fills the remaining wick hole and really soaks up the juice nice.

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
Hey man, try wrapping a "micro" style coil on a drill bit that's slightly smaller than the wick hole. Roll some ss mesh to fit loosely in the coil then lightly wrap some cotton on the top 3/4 of the wick. It wicks better, draws more flavor out, and "insulates" the mesh from the AGA to virtually never have hot spots. After I started doing this everything goes smoothly every time the first time , no hot spots, coil glows from center out, and great flavor with huge clouds of vapor. I almost thread the wick wrapped in cotton through the coil and when is saturated the cotton fills the remaining wick hole and really soaks up the juice nice.

^Awesome post, great info here.

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
I've been told to wrap a small amount of silica when needed for a hotspot on the leg of wire leading to the center post because there is nothing there to cool that spot as there is on the coil with liquid vaporizing.

As for the cotton scenario, he's implying if your rolled mesh isn't thick enough to fit tightly into the hole (that's what she said) than you can use cotton and or silica to fill in that gap, where liquid can slightly leak out. That would also help with your wick for grasping juice.

Last edited:

KrisAinTX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Central Texas
I've been told to wrap a small amount of silica when needed for a hotspot on the leg of wire leading to the center post because there is nothing there to cool that spot as there is on the coil with liquid vaporizing.

As for the cotton scenario, he's implying if your rolled mesh isn't thick enough to fit tightly into the hole (that's what she said) than you can use cotton and or silica to fill in that gap, where liquid can slightly leak out. That would also help with your wick for grasping juice.

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out what kind of cotton, though. Are we talking just stripping pieces from a cotton ball? Or is there a cotton wick material that you can purchase?

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to figure out what kind of cotton, though. Are we talking just stripping pieces from a cotton ball? Or is there a cotton wick material that you can purchase?

Just a piece from a cotton ball. Or you can go and buy a life time supply of "organic" cotton balls for a couple of bucks (g). It doesn't take much cotton at all!

KrisAinTX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Central Texas
Just a piece from a cotton ball. Or you can go and buy a life time supply of "organic" cotton balls for a couple of bucks (g). It doesn't take much cotton at all!

Thanks very much. In my AGA-T2 the wick hole isn't insulated. My resistance jumps around a bit, and I think it's because I'm getting a short between the wick and the edge of the hole. I'll try wrapping it in cotton to see if that can be eliminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread