RDA has been sitting (unused) for months

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I don't use my RDA much (dual coil "velocity deck) I put two new coils in it (single core claptons) and wicks (rayon) Only used it a few times and kinda forgot about it. It's been around three months. Do you think it's OK to use? Would it help to drop a tiny bit of water on the coils or just drip some more juice? Of course I could just redo the wicks but very low on rayon (and I really need it for my RTA) I am ordering more rayon very soon. Or I could just use cotton...

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I took a peek at the RDA (after fighting bit to get the top off) I look fairly good. Wicks are a bit dark but I seem to recall vaping chocolate the last time. They are actually still moist so will take a chance (going to drip some unflavored on there first... maybe I can taste what juice it was I vaped last) Ohm reading what I remember... 0.47 ohms (each coil bout 0.9 ohms) Have no idea how many watts I used to run this at.
P.S. Ordered the rayon :thumb:

• Winner
Reactions: HigherStateD

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That's kinda a tough situation if you don't have wicking material. I don't think that vaping on an old dirty wick and coil is the best idea unless it was stored in at least a baggie or jar. But probably still safer than smoking cigarettes. lol

The claptons aren't too big a deal since you could dry burn then, carefully wash them and then dry them and dry burn them again.

You know, back in the day folks used to use regular old cotton balls for wicks. Many would boil and dry them first, but not everyone did. Not saying you should do this, but I know I would if I needed wicking material. To my knowledge, no one really suffered anything from using cotton balls.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That's kinda a tough situation if you don't have wicking material. I don't think that vaping on an old dirty wick and coil is the best idea unless it was stored in at least a baggie or jar. But probably still safer than smoking cigarettes. lol
    I had actually only used it a few times (and yes, it was chocolate juice... smores) Good thing the last time I used it I over dripped and some came out the airflow holes (that's why it stayed good I guess) Just put some unflavored on the coils and gave it a quick test. I have lots of cotton, just didn't want to waste my good wicking job (with rayon) No worries. Ordered rayon so will have enough to last for years (and even send a friend some to try) I had ordered "cellu-cotton" before but didn't know there are two kinds cotton/rayon) and have loads of that too. Yes, originally I used this RDA with a single coil (it has option to close off one side of the airflow) boiled/dried regular cotton balls and used it for flavor tests (changed the wick for each flavor test) I love these little claptons (got them from Aspire... six for $2 got several packs)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread