Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I have two Marquis. Just got a Vector and have a royal hunter. The Marquis is easier to build for me (the tabs on the positive help tremendously.) For flavor as of now, the Marquis is at the top of those three. Not by much though. I fortunately have very little leaking from the royal hunter and I really like the bug screen. I have had no leaking on the Vector and almost none on the Marquis. But, I prefer the airflow adjustments on the Vector and royal hunter better.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'm in the minority but I find the Marquis to be just okay. I've never tried the Veritas. I wanted to pick up an Origen V3 but the vertical thing kept me away.

Ha! I didn't like it hardly at all, but it's one atty I respect becasue of its build quality, it's design and how others feel about it. I was so excited to spend all that money, but to me it didn't vape like $140.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Please, if you get a tugboat just go with the v2 and a slam cap, youd have the best of both worlds. I only say this cause the v1 leaks like a faucet from the bottom o-ring, both my experience and from what I've read. But once I got a slam cap for my v1 the leaking went away, I was actually surprised how much the slam cap helped in a good way.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Please, if you get a tugboat just go with the v2 and a slam cap, youd have the best of both worlds. I only say this cause the v1 leaks like a faucet from the bottom o-ring, both my experience and from what I've read. But once I got a slam cap for my v1 the leaking went away, I was actually surprised how much the slam cap helped in a good way.

My first Tugboat was a brass V1 that I picked up when Flawless had them for $35 on their website. Didn't really experience any leaking cause I never used it :lol:. I threw a couple builds in but it didn't do it for me. When I saw the Slammed Caps I decided to grab one and I was blown away by the difference in performance. I also loved the fact that I ordered a green one and was sent a zombie splatter version. Anyway, no leaking at all and flavor out the yin yang. When the V2s went on sale I picked up 2 with a Slammed Cap for each and an Anarchist X Cap for each as well. I like that I have multiple options for each one. I was excited to try the Production until I saw the goofy AFC tabs but if they drop in price a little more I'll probably snag one.

I'm curious as to whether Flawless is working on a V3.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Reactions: HeiSINberg

TorontoOntario

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2014
Canada
This is my kind of thread! Im getting a Stumpy real soon, already placed my order. Should ship out Monday. All i use is RDAs, I am not really into clouds. How do I subscribe to a thread Mann? This one is worthy, thanks for the message!

Top RDAs as of now for me: Vector, Tugboat, Revolt and soon I will have a Stumpy. Im thinking of a CIA Rogue cause my local shop has them for $99. How are they? I really NEED a Manta v2. Im digging the top airflow currently and my v2 Tugboats with Slam Caps will NEVER leave my rotation!

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I really wish I could just find my IDEAL rda so I can stop buying 1 to 2 a paycheck lol. I want a 2 post design, top airflow, 22mm, minimal engravings, good o-rings, Allen screws, and a design that lets me use my own drip tip or an optional top cap of my choosing. I've yet to find my perfect atty and I don't think I ever will but who knows! I'm partial to smaller rda's too so if it was on the shorter side that would just be awesome. Just my thoughts.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
This is my kind of thread! Im getting a Stumpy real soon, already placed my order. Should ship out Monday. All i use is RDAs, I am not really into clouds. How do I subscribe to a thread Mann? This one is worthy, thanks for the message!

Top RDAs as of now for me: Vector, Tugboat, Revolt and soon I will have a Stumpy. Im thinking of a CIA Rogue cause my local shop has them for $99. How are they? I really NEED a Manta v2. Im digging the top airflow currently and my v2 Tugboats with Slam Caps will NEVER leave my rotation!
Damn there still charging 99$ for the rogue?! I woulda thought it would come down by now, it's been out for a while.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Well its in Canada at a shop, it can be had cheaper I am sure. Have you used it? I dont think I will ever find ONE RDA that stops the quest.
Good point, but we can have hopes right? Lol. I've never used one, I've talked to people that did though and some liked it some didn't. Most they complained about was the black screws, the black would come off or something I'm not sure as it was a while back.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Ugh my local vape shop just got the new Hobo v3.1 in. Why must they do this to me lol if I were to buy a higher priced 2 post rda I would most likely go with this one. Hoberto makes quality stuff and stands behind his product 100%. Sucks I'm broke, like super broke lol. Cause I have the stro mini and personally I'm not a fan so I want a more quality 2 post rda.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I really wish I could just find my IDEAL rda so I can stop buying 1 to 2 a paycheck lol. I want a 2 post design, top airflow, 22mm, minimal engravings, good o-rings, Allen screws, and a design that lets me use my own drip tip or an optional top cap of my choosing. I've yet to find my perfect atty and I don't think I ever will but who knows! I'm partial to smaller rda's too so if it was on the shorter side that would just be awesome. Just my thoughts.

@HeiSINberg , I don't think you want to do this exactly, but know The Stumpy base fits perfectly with The Vector top cap. I think one of these days you may just want to get The Stumpy.

@TorontoOntario m, above the very first post on each page (to the right), you will see Watch Thread Ignore Thread. If yours says "watch thread", then you are subscribed. Otherwise, that is where you click to watch (subscribe) to it.

Reactions: Ryanmcg1

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Awesome. How much is the shop selling the Hobo for? I got it in a shop (downtown Toronto) here and its $90. Why dont you want a Stumpy @Heisnberg. Im sooo stoked for the day it reaches my grubby hands.
Good question lol. I'm not entirely sure to tell you the truth. I want it yes but if the hobo is up the street as appose to waiting for vape mail for the stumpy I'm impatient and I'll grab the hobo cause I can get it that day ya know. And I'll be honest here, and I'm sure I'm shooting myself in the foot here since everyone is super pro stumpy here lol but it looks like an upgraded derringer. No offense to anyone I like the looks of it and all but my personal preference would be the hobo anyway. And I think it's around 90$ Here too, or I'm hoping at least.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Good question lol. I'm not entirely sure to tell you the truth. I want it yes but if the hobo is up the street as appose to waiting for vape mail for the stumpy I'm impatient and I'll grab the hobo cause I can get it that day ya know. And I'll be honest here, and I'm sure I'm shooting myself in the foot here since everyone is super pro stumpy here lol but it looks like an upgraded derringer. No offense to anyone I like the looks of it and all but my personal preference would be the hobo anyway. And I think it's around 90$ Here too, or I'm hoping at least.

It may just be an upgraded Derringer, but I don't think that is a dis at all. Just the opposite.

Reactions: HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
It may just be an upgraded Derringer, but I don't think that is a dis at all. Just the opposite.
Yeah but you somewhat know me, so you know what I mean when I say this stuff. All just opinions.....doesn't mean I wouldn't like to own one lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread