Not open for further replies.

eclass81

Apr 6, 2009
Dover NH
Senator seeks to halt sales of 'e-cigarettes'
By KIMBERLY HEFLING
Associated Press Writer
Posted: 03/23/2009 12:27:29 AM PDT

WASHINGTON—A senator is asking the government to prevent the sale of so-called "electronic cigarettes" until more is known about them. E-cigarettes are marketed as a healthier alternative to smoking and as a way to kick the habit. They are smokeless and battery-powered, releasing a nicotine vapor into the lungs.
New Jersey Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg sent the Food and Drug Administration a letter Monday saying that the agency should ensure e-cigarettes are not sold until they've been studied more.
An FDA spokeswoman says the agency will respond directly to the senator regarding his concerns.
----------------------------------
May I respectfully suggest that all of our US friends and fellow e-smokers take some time to write to the Senator to give their account of e-cigarettes and their value in fighting the scourge of tobacco dependence?

post at:

Hart Senate Office Building
Suite 324
Washington, DC 20510

Or you can call his office on: (202) 224-3224

Please make any contact respectful and considered - we need to convince people to get on our side and work towards the common goal of tobacco free living for everyone, and this is best done by using the power of rational argument.

It would also be a good idea to forward a copy to:

The Honorable Frank M. Torti
Acting Commissioner
Food and Drug Administration
10903 New Hampshire Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20903
Many thanks,

SmokeyJoe (to see full post w/links go to top of New members' forum page)

Yes I do realize that I'm new here but I made my call and wrote my letter, I'm hoping that everyone else does the same. I've reviewed a few posts and see a lot of back and forth about member differences. I'm sure that we can all agree on one issue and that's that we all want the right to vape and preserve our health for both us and our loved ones. So let's unite as a community and take a stance on this threat by Washington....

Thanks,

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread