• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Re-using Cartridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwanVesta

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
Manchester, UK
This may be a very stooopid question so I apologise in advance......:oops:

I am a newbie and started out with cartridges and have just ordered my first bottle of liquid. I kept a bag full of cartridges for re-using

My question is how many times can I re-use the cartridges? How will I know when it is time to stop re-using them?

thanks

SV

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
or you could just pull the filler and give it a wash, hey presto nice clean and White again, nothing stopping you from washing the cartridge whilst you're at it. :p
Oh yes. Forgot about that. Iv'e got a jiffy bag full of empty carts and another full of the filler that came out of them.
I just take the filler out of a few empty carts and wash them in a bowl of hot water. Then rinse them in cold and leave them to dry on paper towels.
I only keep the plastic carts that are a good fit. Some of them are'nt.
When you get a cart that is a nice tight fit make sure you keep it. :)

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
If the liquid is pooling up on the second drop then chances are your cart is pretty close to spent.

If you need to poke the filler with a sharp pin to get it to accept liquid then chances are your cart is pretty close to spent.

As stated above, a simple washing with tap water and nothing else can bring dead cart filler right back to life.

DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread