Read lots of posts about seizing shipments, bans, etc; Still confused. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovelove

Moved On
Oct 5, 2008
Alright, so I read a lot of posts. I'm not certain if my reading comprehension is low or if there's just too much info out there. What I would like to know is this:

1. Are all suppliers having trouble getting more stock in or just the companies that make large purchases?

2. What exactly is the current status of the Waxman Bill & what exactly is this new tobacco/Kennedy Bill?

3. Has the FDA banned ecigs completely or just importation into this country/US?

4. If I order directly from China, say a few hundred dollars worth of stuff, what's the likelihood it will be seized?

5. Is customs seizing or returning packages or what?

6. Is it true that customs has a list of e-cig manufacturers and they're watching and opening packages from those companies?

7. Where can I order flavorless nicotine in quantity to mix my own eliquid?

Thanks everyone!!

- Dove

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Alright, so I read a lot of posts. I'm not certain if my reading comprehension is low or if there's just too much info out there. What I would like to know is this:

There's a lot of information out there, but the problem is, there's a lot of rumors too. I'm going to be brief with some answers so you can research, and not just take my word for it, as others may disagree.

1. Are all suppliers having trouble getting more stock in or just the companies that make large purchases?

All the suppliers are making bulk orders and re having Customs problems.

2. What exactly is the current status of the Waxman Bill & what exactly is this new tobacco/Kennedy Bill?

I don't think it's final yet.

3. Has the FDA banned ecigs completely or just importation into this country/US?

E-cigs are not banned in the US. Importing the juice seems to be the issue at the moment.

4. If I order directly from China, say a few hundred dollars worth of stuff, what's the likelihood it will be seized?

That's a crap shoot. Most private citizens are still getting orders. the issue seems to be with the suppliers and large orders. Might want to try a small order first.

5. Is customs seizing or returning packages or what?

It seems to vary with the circumstances.

6. Is it true that customs has a list of e-cig manufacturers and they're watching and opening packages from those companies?

I have no knowledge of this.

7. Where can I order flavorless nicotine in quantity to mix my own eLiquid?

Check the DIY liquids forum. Answers to all your questions will be there. If you can't find an answer, just ask. Lots of helpful people there.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
thats a great reply, i inquired about a large order and i was informed that if the shipment was seized that it would be on me. So for me i assume that ment that customs is still seizing shipments.
for me, i will order from usa supplyers :)

If the order is seized, you loose. If they send the order back to the supplier, you'll most likely get your money refunded minus shipping charges.

Almost all small orders by non-suppliers seem to be getting through rather quickly. My order arrived last week after 9 days. I have another order being prepaired for shipping now. But my orders are parts only. No juice. The main issue right now is the nicotine liquid. Customs may take them, I don't know. No one has yet to complain about parts shipments that I'm aware of, but just in case, I order about $100.00 worth at a time. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket at this point in time.

As far as juice goes, Johnson Creek is in Wisconsin, so the juice won't go through Customs. I use JC myself, and am very happy with it.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
My last order from China came through just fine. It was delivered three days ago. I think customs issues relate to much larger orders, but it is always a gamble to place an international under the current circumstances of enhanced FDA scrutiny. If the supplier marks the package so as not to set off any alarms, you are probably fine. If a U.S.-based supplier has what you need, order it immediately.

In the next several weeks we will likely have a clearer idea of what will happen to personal vaporizers and e-liquid. We may be in the clear or we may be on the level of crack addicts vaping in dark alleyways avoiding the law.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
My last order from China came through just fine. It was delivered three days ago. I think customs issues relate to much larger orders, but it is always a gamble to place an international under the current circumstances of enhanced FDA scrutiny. If the supplier marks the package so as not to set off any alarms, you are probably fine. If a U.S.-based supplier has what you need, order it immediately.

In the next several weeks we will likely have a clearer idea of what will happen to personal vaporizers and e-liquid. We may be in the clear or we may be on the level of crack addicts vaping in dark alleyways avoiding the law.

Good answer as well as Jim's. I would just add that I've been getting juice through Customs without a problem. Then again they are relatively small orders in small packages and they are marked discretely. Customs can't stop everything and smaller packages/orders seem to be going through without a problem....

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Good answer as well as Jim's. I would just add that I've been getting juice through Customs without a problem. Then again they are relatively small orders in small packages and they are marked discretely. Customs can't stop everything and smaller packages/orders seem to be going through without a problem....

Let's try to find out. I'm gonna start a new thread.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
I've been getting shipments in all the time including liquid... you just have to make sure they don't label it obviously and that your order isn't too huge!
If the order is seized, you loose. If they send the order back to the supplier, you'll most likely get your money refunded minus shipping charges.

Almost all small orders by non-suppliers seem to be getting through rather quickly. My order arrived last week after 9 days. I have another order being prepaired for shipping now. But my orders are parts only. No juice. The main issue right now is the nicotine liquid. Customs may take them, I don't know. No one has yet to complain about parts shipments that I'm aware of, but just in case, I order about $100.00 worth at a time. I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket at this point in time.

As far as juice goes, Johnson Creek is in Wisconsin, so the juice won't go through Customs. I use JC myself, and am very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread