Status
Not open for further replies.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Background
Hi all- I use a chrome finish Kanger Toptank mini - very happy with it. No issues. I use the rba Kanthal 24 to 26 gauge, wattage about 17 to 22. Never used temp mode -- unless it switches by accident and I fry my coil. I am not a huge chaser but I do like some and seem to be more of a MTL person but I like a fairly powerful and airy vape.

Where I'm at
I wanted to try my hand at building on some other stuff. I purchased two tanks dirt cheap on sale .. a Griffin 25 RTA and a SMOK TFV4 Mini. I used the Griffin single coil - no leaks and I like the larger capacity. Don't think I will use the SMOK so I just put it in my stash.

I purchased SS316L wire and coils - I used that in the Griffin 26 gauge with more wraps than I accustomed and it is vaping nicely. I can absolutely taste the difference in SS.

I did not want to ruin my stuff while I practice so I purchased an istick TC 200watt 3 battery mod also on sale for dirt cheap (under $10) purchased 3 new batteries (Samsung 25R),I intend to use this while I am testing out tanks.

What I want

1.) RTA Tank Recommendations
  • 6ml or above.
  • A tank that allows me to build and where I can purchase extra build pieces because I am .... and like to have spares.
  • If possible, the ability to accept drop-in coils ... but it is not mandatory.
2.) Coil Recommendations
  • want to get just a little fancy with dual coil builds - I know I can try with what I use but want some recommendations of a few premade ones that I can buy.
3.) Box Recommendations
  • A nice one
  • Doesn't have to be girly - but flashy/standout noticeable is awesome
  • My favorite colors are black, red and purple
My nice means high quality, one that withstands heavy use (I'm not exactly considered dainty), one that is considered pretty safe, has removable batteries (one or two) and is really nice to look it. My previous mods have all dents and scratches - the toptank mini is in perfect condition and I am kind of rough. I want wattage and TC and doubt that I will ever go over 100 but you never know. I've heard about the DNA chips and am way open to that. I want something durable, that is kind of flashy -- I do not mind being noticed and that can carry me from casual to professional places. It does not have to be smallish but I don't want a giant mod either.

I do not want to spend $500 but am open to spending some bucks on nice equipment.

Any recommendations?

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
For your mod, maybe the Aegis Legend. It is tough, powered by dual removable 18650's, and comes in many different colors and designs.

Aegis Legend Kit
Thank-you. I started looking around a couple weeks back and there is just so much to choose from but this one is one that I had in mind to look at because I heard it is really tough. Thank-you.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
My nice means high quality, one that withstands heavy use (I'm not exactly considered dainty), one that is considered pretty safe, has removable batteries (one or two) and is really nice to look it.
I would consider this Mod just because it advertises durability:
asMODus Ohmsmium 80W TC Box Mod
If you have a problem deciding, and If interested in any of the above recommendations, I would put my trust in vendors where I can phone and talk to a live person with a name. Only then, will I send them my money. IMO, contact by email only, does not constitute a wise monetary relationship.
Could check:
Read this! - New ECF Sister Site - Metavaper (can I get your help?)
If you buy from above and some problems develops, you have a forum for support.

• Useful
Reactions: chellie

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I would consider this Mod just because it advertises durability:
asMODus Ohmsmium 80W TC Box Mod
If you have a problem deciding, and If interested in any of the above recommendations, I would put my trust in vendors where I can phone and talk to a live person with a name. Only then, will I send them my money. IMO, contact by email only, does not constitute a wise monetary relationship.
Could check:
Read this! - New ECF Sister Site - Metavaper (can I get your help?)
If you buy from above and some problems develops, you have a forum for support.
Thank-you. I will check it out further. Cool looking body.
I am like the internet Queen as far as researching and checking out sites so I am super careful.
The ECF sister site is coming along nicely. I had joined yesterday.
I do want to upgrade and fortunately am not in a huge hurry. I just know that getting suggestings from here will help me make a list and then I can go from there and shop around for a great deal.

Thanks again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread