Ready to buy my first setup, can anyone help me get started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harms

Aug 26, 2012
TX
I'm very interested in the setup shown here
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-reviews/309985-ego-c-twist-only-24-99-a.html

If anyone can guide me to where I can buy these and how to put it all together, that would be great.
I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

As this will be my first setup, I'll need a charger and liquid too.

Any tips for a nice menthol for someone who currently smokes Marlboro Smooths?

Thanks for any help.

joyinlife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Texas
I believe the person in the review, mentioned altsmoke, I also got mine from them, fast shipping btw :) here is what you need imo.
2-ego -c twist (size and color is personal preferance) AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | AltSmoke.com | eGo-C Twist Battery
1-usb charger AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo Series - USB Battery Charger - Chargers - Accessories
1-ego-c wall charger AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo-C - USB Wall Adapter - Chargers - Accessories
2- clearomizers AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | T2 Clearomizer - 2.4ml, Changeable Coil/Atomizer Head
a few extra coil heads http://altsmoke.com/accessories/clearomizers/t2-replacement-coil-atomizer-head.html
Or if you dont mind a bigger tank on your ego, which alot do not mind and actually prefer the vivi nova tank AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Vision Vivi Replaceable Coil Tanks and then just pick a few coil heads.
(if you want it to look purrty,lol the nova with your ego, they have sleeves here eGo Thread Sleeve Type C Large Tank - Fits All Std eGos CHROME [gv-egoTYPEC-LargeTankeGoThreadSl] - $2.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

as far as juice there are many vendors to choose from, im not much of a menthol vaper, so someone might come along and help you on were a good vender of menthol :)
oh, yeah if you put in where you checkout in the coupon code box put FIRSTORDER gets 10% off when its your first time purchasing through altsmoke, or like facebook page and get 10% off when you like them, and then register on altsmoke.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How long is that battery expected to last, vape time?

I believe the Twists are available in 2 battery sizes. Expect the following general time guidelines:
650 mah = 5-7 hours
1000 mah = 10-12 hours

Given that information, you will need at bare minimum 2 batteries to last you thru the day. You should also have some other battery, if not a 3rd Twist, for a backup should one of your batteries suddenly die. It happens. How long would it take you to receive a replacement? Best scenario would be 4 batteries, but that would be with an unrestricted budget.

The thing is, plan ahead for the unexpected. Never run out of charged batteries. Never run out of e-liquid. Without either, you can't vape, and your chances of buying a pack of cigarettes increases exponentally.

You will need a small mix of cartomizers, clearomizers, or CE's. These are what you put your juice in and contains the atomizer which vaporizes the juice. Get all three to see which you prefer, its all personal preference here.

I'm not familiar with the ego batteries, but I assume you will need a charger if they do not a passthru charger included.

Harms

Aug 26, 2012
TX
I believe the person in the review, mentioned altsmoke, I also got mine from them, fast shipping btw :) here is what you need imo.
2-ego -c twist (size and color is personal preferance) AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | AltSmoke.com | eGo-C Twist Battery
1-usb charger AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo Series - USB Battery Charger - Chargers - Accessories
1-ego-c wall charger AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | eGo-C - USB Wall Adapter - Chargers - Accessories
2- clearomizers AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | T2 Clearomizer - 2.4ml, Changeable Coil/Atomizer Head
a few extra coil heads http://altsmoke.com/accessories/clearomizers/t2-replacement-coil-atomizer-head.html
Or if you dont mind a bigger tank on your ego, which alot do not mind and actually prefer the vivi nova tank AltSmoke.com | Personal Vaporizers | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | Vision Vivi Replaceable Coil Tanks and then just pick a few coil heads.
(if you want it to look purrty,lol the nova with your ego, they have sleeves here eGo Thread Sleeve Type C Large Tank - Fits All Std eGos CHROME [gv-egoTYPEC-LargeTankeGoThreadSl] - $2.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

as far as juice there are many vendors to choose from, im not much of a menthol vaper, so someone might come along and help you on were a good vender of menthol :)
oh, yeah if you put in where you checkout in the coupon code box put FIRSTORDER gets 10% off when its your first time purchasing through altsmoke, or like facebook page and get 10% off when you like them, and then register on altsmoke.

wow, awesome reply!
One question. What resistance should I get on the replacement coil heads?

joyinlife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Texas
it depending on the juice and the v you will be using your twist on. for me, i use a 2.4ohms i dont think you would need anything higher, others suggest using 1.8ohm, i personally havent tried 1.8ohms yet, but will look into it on my next purchase. i would get both 1.8ohm and 2.4ohms and see what works best for you :)

i forgot to mention, if you are getting the vivi nova, the sleeve with link above, is for the 3.5ml tank.

Last edited:

lonnieperrin

Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Las Vegas NV
lonnieperrin.com
So far I am using a 4.2v ego style battery and am converting from the CE3 to the Vivi Nova from gotvapes.com
GotVapes Vision ViVi Nova™ V2.5 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

I have grown accustomed to the 4.2v ECHO Manual Battery for 510/eGo (1300 mAh)
4.2v ECHO Manual Battery for 510/eGo (1300 mAh) (ECHOBATT)
Dragonfly eCigs - Distributor of Joyetech 510-T, eGO-T, 510, eGo, and large variety of MOD

Don’t forget the JOYE eGo Wall Charger
JOYE eGo Wall Charger (includes USB cable)
</title> <META NAME="Description" Content="by Joyetech eCig Central - Distributor of Joyetech 510-T, eGO-T, 510, eGo, and large variety of MOD electronic cigarette starter kits, ejuice eliquid, ecig parts and accessories. All shipped from USA. Buy au

As I do it yourself for my own flavor’s and strength of nic I am very satisfied with the e-liquid and the cost.
I have stayed away from the analog since Oct 2011 after a 40 year habit.
As for where to buy, oh so many vendors. I watch for location for best shipping time, and of course price.

lestatmk

Aug 19, 2012
Petroupoli, Athens
+1 for the Ego-C twist! :laugh:
Been a happy vaper with them for a month or so, for sure I will get a spare one. Can not recomment a store, but I can recommend getting the 650mah version. The 1000mah is quite uneasy in the hand, much longer to be exact. Dont know what vaping u at, but I would go for buying an extra battery, than getting the one with a longer capacity.
It's up to you mate! :toast:

damthisisfun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2012
Katy, TX
KGO 1100mah from Hoosiers, with 1.7 omh ST carto seems to be kicking it for me......4 days into it - prev Prosmoke user - vape off 1.7 is really warm - TH on 100% VG from JC is very tight. 1.5 dual coil is not that great. I tired the ST tank - didnt like it - fixing to order a couple of clearos form I vape...thanks to several folks here that helped me decide. In the end you will spend some money up front - find the right ohms, volts, juice etc - and vape on............

joyinlife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Texas
I'm still kinda confused as to how the voltage effects the overall experience.
on voltage, basically, the lower the volatage lets say you have it on 3.2 it will have less throat hit,cooler drawl, it might be good for certain juices you like, lets say a candy flavor, with the volatage being lower the lower the ohms resistants you want like 1.8ohm would work good for 3.2-3.6, then if you dial it up lets say 4.0(this is were i keep mine at) you get better throat hit,flavor, and when you vape it is going to vape warmer. i use 2.4ohms coil head at 4.0v and i havent been disapionted. :) if you feel you are getting alittle confused, my suggestion, it get a clearomizer with 1.8ohms start at 3.2v and vape, then turn it up to 3.4,3.6,3.8,4.0v until you reach the desired voltage for you. then with a different clearomizer with a different juice inside use a 2.4ohm and repeat the process, till you get your desired voltage for you. hth

also with juice, many even myself start of with 18mg nic strength, 70/30 pg/vg. or 50/50. the higher the pg the better throat hit, and falvor..more vg than pg, more vapors,less throat hit.

Last edited:

Harms

Aug 26, 2012
TX
on voltage, basically, the lower the volatage lets say you have it on 3.2 it will have less throat hit,cooler drawl, it might be good for certain juices you like, lets say a candy flavor, with the volatage being lower the lower the ohms resistants you want like 1.8ohm would work good for 3.2-3.6, then if you dial it up lets say 4.0(this is were i keep mine at) you get better throat hit,flavor, and when you vape it is going to vape warmer. i use 2.4ohms coil head at 4.0v and i havent been disapionted. :) if you feel you are getting alittle confused, my suggestion, it get a clearomizer with 1.8ohms start at 3.2v and vape, then turn it up to 3.4,3.6,3.8,4.0v until you reach the desired voltage for you. then with a different clearomizer with a different juice inside use a 2.4ohm and repeat the process, till you get your desired voltage for you. hth

also with juice, many even myself start of with 18mg nic strength, 70/30 pg/vg. or 50/50. the higher the pg the better throat hit, and falvor..more vg than pg, more vapors,less throat hit.

Yeah, that throat hit is the reason I want to start vaping. Eventually I want to quit smoking all together. This seems like a really good choice.

I have vaped before. It was about three years ago and I got some starter kit from VaporKing(?). It was a pretty fun experience, but the quality was pretty poor.

I think I can justify spending a little bit of money here as it is much cheaper in the long run than buying the smokes that I buy.

Anyone have any idea what kind of liquid I should get? I currently smoke Marlboro smooths, but I can comfortably smoke just about any menthol. I want one that goes down smooth and tastes good.

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
Harms,

+1 on a ego twist. It gets you an entry level vv device that can allow you to try things at different volts to see what will handle what/where.

As far as your menthol question in the OP, I thought I'd love menthol because I was a mostly menthol smoker. The menthol liquids I've vaped thus far, make me feel like I'm chewing on Altoids because the minty fresh feeling g doesn't vacate after the puff.

This is my .02¢

vapelove60

Dec 10, 2011
WA State
I started off a year ago with a Riva 510, then wanted more of a cigarette "feel" so I got the 510-T starter kit... Since then I found that using a Low Resistance atomizer is MUCH better for throat feel and vapor. Even tho they say not to use with the regular 510 battery, I do and mine are all fine, last a long time.
Now i use the Ego tank system along with my 510's and love it! It lasts forever comparatively.
I also get my juice exclusively at freedom smoke usa... it's pure, and if you like menthol, there's is the best (Menthol Ultra). I started vaping at 24mg juice and now am down to 12mg.
Good luck. Quitting real cigs after 35 years was tough, but the Ecigs is the only way I could've done it.
Enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread