Ready to step up to a screwdriver!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrasco70

May 17, 2009
JERZEE
I am ready to step it up a notch,reason is i am constantly worried about dying batteries when out and about I have passthrus for the car but it seems the car donot work as well as it does when hooked up to a computer usb port. I have 3 e9 batteries a kr808d1,kr808 passthru,a e8 passthru and about 50 carts in assorted flav's and strengths.They all work well for me but there has to be a better way and I think its the screwdriver, now I know theres different models I guess I am going to use the SEARCH button and fill my head with some good info from the forum members,Any feedback is greatly appreciated.:)

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Buying the screwdriver is a very wise choice! It is definitely my fave of all the e-cig models I've purchased.

Good quality vapor and consistent throat hit. Batteries are not an issue - they last a good solid 6 to 8 hours. Of course battery life depends on how much you're using the SD. The batteries are inexpensive and easily replaceable.

I also like the position of the button at the end rather than on the side. I don't have to align the cart's mouthpiece with the button like you would have to with a button that is placed on the side of the unit. I also don't have to search for the button when vaping in the dark.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Def, ive been doing some reading and it seems like TW or Prodigy will be the choices.

The Prodigy hasn't shipped yet, AFAIK... you can also check out the GG, or Zi Moshi, probably a few others..or maybe the Janty Stick, if battery longevity more than 'increased voltage vaping' is what you're looking for, although I'm unsure iif it's shipping daily to fulfill orders yet..

Zaxx

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2009
    Ohio
    IMHO, I think we'll see a lot of people turning towards the "new generation" PV's.

When I started, all I wanted were cig type PV's. Now, after becoming a slave to my chargers, and dishing out 15 bucks a pop for batteries that may or may nor perform, I'm turning to the longer lasting, cheaper batteries.

The mod type PV's are a little more up front, but long term, they produce a better vape, and are cheaper to run.

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    IMHO, I think we'll see a lot of people turning towards the "new generation" PV's.

When I started, all I wanted were cig type PV's. Now, after becoming a slave to my chargers, and dishing out 15 bucks a pop for batteries that may or may nor perform, I'm turning to the longer lasting, cheaper batteries.

The mod type PV's are a little more up front, but long term, they produce a better vape, and are cheaper to run.

I agree, Zaxx. I can't imagine going back to the hassle of an auto switch PV and carrying extra batteries or a battery pack and pass through with a wire, etc. And the cost of batteries being $15-$20 instead of $2. I vape 6 hours on one battery and every hit is basically the same.

mamu

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    IN USA
    As a Screwdriver owner, I also have to toss in a vote for the Janty Stick. So far it is giving me an very satisfying vaping experience. (at a little more than half the cost).

I'm still sitting on the fence with the JS. I'm hoping someone will do a Kissbox comparison with it.

I just don't know about the 801 atty - been there - done that - way different draw.

SlideJob Jones

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Findlay, Ohio
    I can honestly say that had I bought the "primo" models first, I would have saved an easy $1000 in crap I wasted on other models. Currently abusing the SD, and have a jantystick on the way.

One of my SD batteries showed up a dud (bought used, no biggie), and I did manage to fry a new atomizer in three days.....I don't think this is normal, it is my first dead one of any kind, I think it was just a dud atty. The one elevated expense is I have doubled the amount of e-juice I am using. Partially because it works without downtime, and partially because it does take a little more than conventional ones to run.

I have about 10 atomizers, and also have 12 batteries and three more chargers coming. It will be once a week maintenance on it just charging the lot of bats, and requires no other thought after that. The total for 12 batteries, and three double chargers was about 35 bucks including shipping.

boxhead

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 3, 2009
    Chico, california
    hi, i have an SD ( may 8th) and it makes me want a switched batterys for my 901 and 801.
    i have not killed a atty yet though i fear the 801 is going to go because i cant really get dry burn on it easly ( stripped wall charger from a old cellphone 5vdc/450ma ) as i get paid this time or next dirt2suck`s 901 man. battery, then a new SD black.
    the ScrewDriver rocks

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    As a Screwdriver owner, I also have to toss in a vote for the Janty Stick. So far it is giving me an very satisfying vaping experience. (at a little more than half the cost).

My only concern is trying to get use to the 801 atty's. When I had an 801 I never liked the light as air draw and I couldn't taste much flavor in comparison to the 901. Maybe it was just the one I had. Those two differences have never been an issue with the stick for you?

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    IL USA
    My only concern is trying to get use to the 801 atty's. When I had an 801 I never liked the light as air draw and I couldn't taste much flavor in comparison to the 901. Maybe it was just the one I had. Those two differences have never been an issue with the stick for you?

Hey wv, It has been an adjustment for me getting used to the 801 atty (it is my first 801 device) But now that I am used to it, it is actually a very nice experience. Less harsh than the SD, which is very nice in its own way.

Yes the flavors were an issue, I did have to increase my flavors to at least 20% on my DIY stuff and after that adjustment it is good so far.............

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread