Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I'm using a smoke tech dct. I filled it w/ bobas bounty (100% vg) using a 3 hole carto. It flooded and leaked everywhere, lost about 3 mls of precious juice. I switched to a one hole carto and it did fine last night. This morning it goes between flooding to dry hits. What am I doing wrong? Would it work better in a stardust? I use way too much to just use a carto alone as I would have to top it off constantly so i really want to use either a tank or stardust to have a steady flow. Help please.

Sent from my HTC EVO on Taptalk.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
I like to pree fill the cartos first to insure the carto is saturated and the carto wicks properly! If you have too much juice blow out the end of the carto and this may help the flooding! It also may be that 100% VG does not perform well for this kind of setup??? Not absolutly sure because I have never run 100% VG! It sounds like a possible juice issue!

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I'm using a smoke tech dct. I filled it w/ bobas bounty (100% vg) using a 3 hole carto. It flooded and leaked everywhere, lost about 3 mls of precious juice. I switched to a one hole carto and it did fine last night. This morning it goes between flooding to dry hits. What am I doing wrong? Would it work better in a stardust? I use way too much to just use a carto alone as I would have to top it off constantly so i really want to use either a tank or stardust to have a steady flow. Help please.

Its that kind of problems that make me glad I still direct drip.......

1stGenRex

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
United States
thank you for your helpful post also !!

i never tried carto tanks because there are too many post exactly like this one,,try a stone or emdcc tank ??

Nope, I have used the DCTs quite extensively though, but I do stay away from the "stardust" type tanks for mostly the same reason. Notice my previous post in the thread actually contributed something? Stating that you prefer something, while not bothering to contribute is pretty crappy in terms of forum behavior, but one that seems prevalent. If you've got nothing useful to post, you it doesn't hurt you any to NOT post.

Sorry for the rant OP.

Here's something else I've tried with triple punched cartos that I accidentally ordered (the site didn't list them as triple punched.)

If you're careful, you can cover one of the holes with a tiny piece of scotch tape. But the carto has to be completely free of juice, or else the tape will not stick. Then, you've gotta be careful the piece of tape doesn't come off when sliding the carto into the tank, but if it's stuck on there really good, then it shouldn't be an issue. It's not a great fix, but it's one of those "well crap, all I have are these" type fix.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I pretty much always use a carto tank. I vape 50/50 mix, one hole dcc 1.5 - 1.7 ohm smoketech carto. My last order of 3 packs of 5, I had 3 cartos that were like trying to vape a potato. Looked at the holes in the connector, drilled right on the edge of the threading on each one. Looked at the rest of those packs, had a total of only 2 cartos with the air holes in the right places. Needless to say they aren't useable. Smoketech needs to look at their quality control issue with those.

I seldom have a flooding issue, it usually results from me overfilling the carto when I load a new one in a tank. I have read that filling a tank with the top cap off also will force too much juice into a carto when the top cap is replaced. I don't do that so I can't personally so state.

If your carto was hitting well last night and is dry hitting this morning, perhaps it drained into the tank itself. Priming puffs without firing the unit might fix that, or perhaps adding some juice to the top of the carto without getting any in the air tube.

I tend to take a few priming puffs when picking up a PV I haven't used in a day or overnight before firing it.

1stGenRex

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
United States
FIamma, I fill mine from the top. I add like 4-5 drops, then blow into it slowly to force the juice down, and repeat that a few times over a paper towel. When you start getting a few drops out of the battery connector, it's time to stop :p

Then, when putting the drip tip on, I make sure I don't cover the hole, but only the sides. I do not remove the caps to fill...only to clean the tanks with water, but I found that works pretty well, and I thought I'd share

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
FIamma, I fill mine from the top. I add like 4-5 drops, then blow into it slowly to force the juice down, and repeat that a few times over a paper towel. When you start getting a few drops out of the battery connector, it's time to stop :p

Then, when putting the drip tip on, I make sure I don't cover the hole, but only the sides. I do not remove the caps to fill...only to clean the tanks with water, but I found that works pretty well, and I thought I'd share

I put a carto into a clean dry tank. Then I needle fill the tank or use a slap yo mama adapter to shove the carto down low enough to use a juice bottle (depending on what kind of bottle the juice is in). I fill the carto with a needle down the side until the carto is saturated.

Good vape from the get go, as long as the air holes in the connector are drilled in the right place.

1stGenRex

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
United States
Hell I had one I've never seen before...it wasn't a pre-punched carto, but the threads were screwed up. Not enough to be able to notice right away, but when you tried to screw it onto a mod...NOPE!

I had a mini heart attack, because I thought I screwed up my Provari from dropping it yesterday...sure they'd fix it, but I'm in Afghanistan...so the wait would have SUCKED.

rayboy55

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Quebec Canada

For me , i use all my juices at 100% VG with dctank or J-tank but i punch 2 holes in a BOGE carto small for j-tankk and XL BOGE for dctanks and when filled properly ...no issues at all !!!

By the way all my BOGE cartos are 3.0 ohms for use on my VV3 (lavatube 2.0) at 4.5 volts and no problems !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread