Ready To Vape 0mg help

Status
Not open for further replies.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
If you increase the PG, it carries flavor better, but especially bitter flavors. So the flavor will change some but the total taste could increase. I currently use Puffcake diluted, between wanting to reduce flavor and increasing PG from 30/70 to 50/50 I'm using approx. 1 part ejuice, 6 parts dilutant. I don't like the flavor as much, but there's plenty of it.

That’s actually bringing up a question I just realised regarding juice flavours. Using TFA flavours like blackcurrant or gummy bear has been a really bad experience as my original idea was that pg was bad for flavouring so I would run at 70/30 VG/PG to (what I would assume) would smooth out the harshness caused by the PG. then when I tried out the 0mg Nic flavours they were at 65/55 VG/PG and smooth as butter.

So one of the things I was told was that sweetener makes
I seldom use sweetener and most of my juices have little if any th. I mix max vg/dw 6%,my only pg comes from flavors. My flavor percentage runs from 15-5%. I also mix with nic salts to reduce th. I would guess that some sweetener or EM would smooth some, but pg is the most likely culprit and of course nic quality.

Yes the nic quality is one issue I will need to address soon and I’m pretty sure will be a big factor, I got a bottle of HiLiq from an acquaintance and it was already yellowing so be looking to get some fresh stuff in the near future (cost etc). You mentioned “th”....what is that?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
T
That’s actually bringing up a question I just realised regarding juice flavours. Using TFA flavours like blackcurrant or gummy bear has been a really bad experience as my original idea was that pg was bad for flavouring so I would run at 70/30 VG/PG to (what I would assume) would smooth out the harshness caused by the PG. then when I tried out the 0mg Nic flavours they were at 65/55 VG/PG and smooth as butter.

So one of the things I was told was that sweetener makes

Yes the nic quality is one issue I will need to address soon and I’m pretty sure will be a big factor, I got a bottle of HiLiq from an acquaintance and it was already yellowing so be looking to get some fresh stuff in the near future (cost etc). You mentioned “th”....what is that?
Throat hit, harshness. One way to test the nic for th is to mix some with vg only, just a couple of mls is enough. I would also mix another 2ml sample of just vg/pg, no nic, you may simply not like pg.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

I like my nic base to be clear. I recently ordered a liter from www.ecigexpress.com and it's water clear with moderate throat hit. The higher you go in nic percentage in your mixes the more you sense throat hit, but starting with clear nic is a good thing.

Freeze the nic you aren't using right now to preserve it and prevent oxidation (yellowing). Good quality glass bottles with polycone tops are best, IMO. Just keep what you are actually using to mix in a cool place, preferably in a fridge. For bottles, I like Glass Bottle Outlet.

Last edited:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
For bottles, I like Glass Bottle Outlet.
This company knows customer service! A few months back, I wanted to order some samples but their s&h cost more than my bottles total. They gave me a $5 voucher to correct that. I know shipping of glass isn’t cheap. I consider that going above and beyond to keep customers happy. Great strategy though because that $5 gained them a new customer plus I’ve shared this with others.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This company knows customer service! A few months back, I wanted to order some samples but their s&h cost more than my bottles total. They gave me a $5 voucher to correct that. I know shipping of glass isn’t cheap. I consider that going above and beyond to keep customers happy. Great strategy though because that $5 gained them a new customer plus I’ve shared this with others.

My first order with GBO was for a dozen 4oz Boston Rounds and dozen 8oz of the same type. I forget how much they were, but the shipping was over $15. I think they chose UPS instead of USPS! I'll have to look for discounts, specials, and coupons next time. They have good products and good customer service.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
They have an amazon store.

• Useful
Reactions: NatashaTMT
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread