REALLY hard draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlighter

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Arizona
Hi Geeker. I was hoping you had gotten some replies to your question by now. I bought an evo from InnoVapors the other day but haven't got mine yet but I asked him if it was an easy draw here's a copy of the question and his answer.

EVO Draw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlighter
Thanks for the info.
I've read good things about the evo.
Is it as easy to take a draw from as compared to a 901?
I read it has 4 little holes to allow air flow and am thinking it helps make it an easy draw?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started with a 901, so I think I can fairly say yes, the EVO has just as easy of a draw. I personally (just IMO) think it draws better. I think most multi-hole (2, 4 whatever more than 1) atomizers draw better then single hole atomizers.

Never heard a complaint (although I am sure if you searched the forum you would find several) about the draw on the EVO.

Hope that helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moonlighter to Geeker..

I have a SE Gold that is hard for me to use and the 901 is very easy I don't know what could be wrong and I am hoping I don't have a hard time with my evo when it gets here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe someone will answer soon.

Last edited:

geeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Neither here nor there
Thanks for your reply! I was wondering if I'd get one.

My 401/EVO is WAY more hard to draw than any 901 I've tried. The single hole on the side of the 901 atom is probably larger than all 4 holes on the EVO combined. I got one EVO and some Ruyan Direct 401s and they all draw hard.

These are the other models I have, and this little unit is the hardest of all:
901, 801, 510, Blu, SE Gold, Nebula, J118, and some unknown mini

I might have to get rid of them (the 401s). I get a headache from them.

Just have to add, that the ECOpure I got with the EVO is the very best liquid I have tried. If I had gotten that first, that's probably all I would have ever bought.

Last edited:
I've got a few 401s and while the draw is certainly harder than, say, a penstyle, I wouldn't call it a hard draw. The only time I've had a really hard draw was when I mixed up old an style mouthpiece with a new style cart - they're not backwards-compatible and the new carts completely block the airflow in the old mouthpieces.
Have you tried removing the cart from the mouthpiece and just dripping? That should at least eliminate the possibility that it is the cart causing your hard draw.
TWM.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I have always found the 401s to have a hard draw. I have atomizers from 4 or 5 different vendors and they vary a lot. Unfortunately, I can't nail down where each came from, but I am quite sure that the draw varies even between those from the same vendor.

I guess I've gotten used to it, because I keep going back to the 401, mainly because of the consistent hit from them. Only the 510 has come close for me, but I'm don't know if I'm going to be able to put up with the short cart life of that.

oldienea

May 21, 2009
I own five M401 EVOs and its true the draw is harder than a 901 and several other brands. But I still prefer this cig for the constant good vapor production and it's unpaired battery performance. Also i did not encounter any clogged or dead atomiser yet.
I have never seen any better for that price.
Btw, yes I agree, ECOpure is the best e-juice I have got so far.

smokinsusy

Jul 18, 2009
Florida
I'm a newbie who has been using the M401 for only two days. I find the draw to be harder when I use the battery operated PV than it is when I use the USB passthrough. I'm a light puffer so the 401 may not be the right model for me but I will try some of your suggestions for making the draw easier. At least I did not waste my money because I'm satisifed with the performance of the 401 when I use the USB passthrough.

travde

Jun 13, 2009

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
The hard draw comes from the inner sleeve sealing tighter in the atty. I saw a post where someone removed the inner sleeve and cut a couple of notches in it for air flow. I never tried it myself.

I just ordered M403 because I want a light weight direct dripable unit.
I knew it had a hard draw so I was planing to hot rod it for better flow.
Thanks for the notch in cart heads up.

I was able to hot rod my RN4081 to have easier draw than 510 by filing larger slots in batt and cutting cart 1" long for direct drip.

BlueSun

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2008
Canada, brrrr
The other day, I decided to try my second battery that I ordered with my kit. It's the 401 version 1 batt, not the newer one just released. The draw is so much easier, it's almost like puffing on a real cigarette.

With my other batt, which is the same model, the draw was so hard that I felt like I was sucking through a very thin straw. I am still using the same four hole atomizer I've been using for the last few months.

Anybody notice differences between draws with batts? I think I read someone mentioning this elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread