Really liked my eLeafs until this week :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
I can sincerely thank eLeaf for being cig free for 2+ years. I got my first silver 30watt (original iJust 2's). I got my first from our local headshop and overpaid but got me off cigs immediately. I always loved the large tanks. I saw online on eBay the same iJust 2 for likw 50% the price, grabbed it.. both worked great for months until one stopped charging, and then the other just would not hold a charge.

I sprung for not just one, not just 2, but now 3 iStick 30watts. My blue one after only 2-3 months is barely holding a charge... not enough to get me through the day. My black iStick stopped working, i continuously get the "atomizer short" error, i was able to kinda do the spin out a tad trick and it would work... but now no matter what tanks or coils/atomizers i use the same error... even with my 2 month old iPico which i was loving!

I am pretty upset as now i am lucky to get like 10 minutes worth of vaping on my blue iStick 30w... the other black one and pico just keep giving me that error. I tried cleaning them, no luck. I really liked the eLeaf line of products but i get no refunds, RMA, replacements, etc because i purchased from 3rd party site/shops. Even my local headshop wouldnt help me and said to contact the manufacturer.

Frustrated atm so much... I am not going to gibe up trying to fix these... or maybe i should, i ordered another online and hope it gets here ASAP.

Much love to all... i was a cig smoker for 15+ years... i am 33 and vaping has been awesome.
I just wish these units worked!

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
I can sincerely thank eLeaf for being cig free for 2+ years. I got my first silver 30watt (original iJust 2's). I got my first from our local headshop and overpaid but got me off cigs immediately. I always loved the large tanks. I saw online on eBay the same iJust 2 for likw 50% the price, grabbed it.. both worked great for months until one stopped charging, and then the other just would not hold a charge.

I sprung for not just one, not just 2, but now 3 iStick 30watts. My blue one after only 2-3 months is barely holding a charge... not enough to get me through the day. My black iStick stopped working, i continuously get the "atomizer short" error, i was able to kinda do the spin out a tad trick and it would work... but now no matter what tanks or coils/atomizers i use the same error... even with my 2 month old iPico which i was loving!

I am pretty upset as now i am lucky to get like 10 minutes worth of vaping on my blue iStick 30w... the other black one and pico just keep giving me that error. I tried cleaning them, no luck. I really liked the eLeaf line of products but i get no refunds, RMA, replacements, etc because i purchased from 3rd party site/shops. Even my local headshop wouldnt help me and said to contact the manufacturer.

Frustrated atm so much... I am not going to gibe up trying to fix these... or maybe i should, i ordered another online and hope it gets here ASAP.

Much love to all... i was a cig smoker for 15+ years... i am 33 and vaping has been awesome.

I had a similar problem on another mod I had to actually pull down the bottom of my coil to make a connection I thought it was my mod for a while but it was not... I have a 40w eleaf I would totally mail you if you want i don't use it. Works great.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017

eleaf picos had a design flaw.
i had the same problem.
don’t use it any more.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
I purchased 2 from shops nearby, and the rest on eBay. I wouldnt be suprised if the ones off ebay were clones but they came packaged and with manuals.. maybe i just got the bad batch. I know for a fact ive probably stripped one or two units. The Pico was really botched up and maybe i just wasnt careful enough. i generally keep 1 home and 1 for work. ive used aspire tlantis coils .5 (i believe), they worked great at first. ive only used the iJust 2 tanks as i like the large 5.5ml tanks.

i tried a smok or some other brand tank once and it was just messy. i dont mind the "old school" method of filling.. since the tank is large i never had to fill them more than one or 2x daily. I am going to spring for something from a legit store and get a warranty, as for now i just ordered another pico off ebay as i already sprung for a little recharcheable battery pack.. as well as another istick. Like i did say the isticks lasted quite awhile, i could tell the battery life on the blue one i had was losing power over time.. as for the black ive tried a few diff tanks i have, not just ijust2 tanks, as well as different sized coils/atomizers and still same issue.

jayburn84

Nov 14, 2017
I had a similar problem on another mod I had to actually pull down the bottom of my coil to make a connection I thought it was my mod for a while but it was not... I have a 40w eleaf I would totally mail you if you want i don't use it. Works great.

that would be great! i am not sure how to send private messages on here but if you can feel free to contact me.... maybe i need a tutorial on how to keep these things in better shape heh. But its been 2+ years since ive had a cig and calculating the $8 a day i spent on smokes versus my losses here still have saved me LOTS of money so im not upset... and i feel healthier :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
My black iStick stopped working, i continuously get the "atomizer short" error, i was able to kinda do the spin out a tad trick and it would work... but now no matter what tanks or coils/atomizers i use the same error...

This sounds more like a connectivity problem. Try those circuit board spacers from Madvapes--much better than trying to mess with the center pin that might be too short/sunken/not quite doing what it's supposed to be doing. :D

Circuit Board Spacer - Madvapes
I wouldnt be suprised if the ones off ebay were clones but they came packaged and with manuals.. maybe i just got the bad batch.

That's the problem with eBay--you never know what you're buying. Were they factory rejects? Something that fell off the truck?

I have several iSticks and they just won't die--some are several years old. :facepalm:

Winchester

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Califorina
Hmmm! I have always thought buying a better mod I would have less aggravation then buying dime store mods. Over the last five years and I am still using the same mods everyday. I would recommend buying something like a Hex Ohm or BMI mod. When my first Hex Ohm took a dive I sent it back to the U.S. based company they fixed it and sent it back to me in a few weeks no charge. Just like SNAP-ON tools.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
eleaf picos had a design flaw.
i had the same problem.
don’t use it any more.

A simple spacer fixes the Pico issue.
So far I haven't seen anyone having the issue with the Pico 25.

As to the OP. Sounds like a possible clone issue. Or possibly you just use too much of the battery before charging again?.

The Pico 25's (like the Pico) take an 18650 a tank of 25mm or less, goes up to 85 watts. Love 'em with my OBS Engine Nano's!
a87939bebd764acc9b07347645f8a1ed.jpg

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Welcome to the board. The batteries not holding a charge is probably not fixable. Batteries don't last forever and fixed battery mods are a brick when that happens. This is why I prefer removable battery mods. The error message sounds more like a connection problem of some sort than an issue with the mod.

Terry Koontz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2017
Welcome to the board. The batteries not holding a charge is probably not fixable. Batteries don't last forever and fixed battery mods are a brick when that happens. This is why I prefer removable battery mods. The error message sounds more like a connection problem of some sort than an issue with the mod.
totally agree.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
i.i.r.c. all my internal Eleaf iSticks are now broken/dead/expired.

My Pico is holding up well though.

Vapers become fairly philosophical eventually. You save your health, you save your money (once you stop shopping!) and things are not so bad.
I bought a Cortex mod that never worked properly after 2 weeks. Well, it worked (sort of) but the battery lasted about two or three hours vaping twice an hour. I never bothered to send it back.

It was $22. Better than $122 on an original Evic that gave 4-5 months service.

I also rarely buy anything with internal batteries anymore. (unless it's cheap... but that can be a problem - buying a mod that has sat on a shelf for a year losing battery power)....

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
A simple spacer fixes the Pico issue.
So far I haven't seen anyone having the issue with the Pico 25.

As to the OP. Sounds like a possible clone issue. Or possibly you just use too much of the battery before charging again?.

The Pico 25's (like the Pico) take an 18650 a tank of 25mm or less, goes up to 85 watts. Love 'em with my OBS Engine Nano's!
a87939bebd764acc9b07347645f8a1ed.jpg
What are those things that you have placed in the USB port? Do they serve a purpose?

Reactions: stols001

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
What are those things that you have placed in the USB port? Do they serve a purpose?
Just my charging cable systems (magnetic connections)
f0adb99058b6e53c8efaf94f9e384482.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread