• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

really sick of failing batteries etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I may have to revert to cigars this weekend as all my batteries are failing..I had a spinner that's in transit to me after failing..today my ego-T 18650 mod controller failed on me..I have one battery left (first one I bought)..knowing my luck it's next to go and won't last the weekend..no wonder the casuals revert back to cigarettes..at least those are consistent lol

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I agree, QUALITY over quantity. You will save tons of money over your lifetime if you buy quality by NOT replacing inferior products repeatedly.

It has nothing to do with luck, it has to do with simple economics. Throw your money over and over at disposables with no warranty, buy a simple mechanical, or buy a unit with a good warranty and customer service that, if needed, can fix it. Your savings will pile up after the initial investment.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
quality over quantity...

there is a reason why a lot of veteran vapers, dont stick to egos...

get your hands on a mechanical mod, it's simple and it works :D

yep I started looking believe me..can you recommend any that won't break the bank? i'd prefer to stick to 18650's..

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I agree, QUALITY over quantity. You will save tons of money over your lifetime if you buy quality by NOT replacing inferior products repeatedly.

It has nothing to do with luck, it has to do with simple economics. Throw your money over and over at disposables with no warranty, buy a simple mechanical, or buy a unit with a good warranty and customer service that, if needed, can fix it. Your savings will pile up after the initial investment.

I agree but when you start out you start out with ego's..I just started and have invested way more than I would on cigars for 10 years..i'm in the process of grabbing a VAMO or other PV but right now I just don't have the money available..I use this stuff lightly and it's ridiculous..the average smoker looking to quit will try an ego and it'll fail and they'll revert back to cigarettes..I doubt most of them are going to invest the time to research mechanical mods lol

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have 4 eGo Twists, it's been about 2 months since I bought my last one, and they all still work perfectly fine for me, as do my 2 eGo minis. How have they been failing/breaking?

I bought a 1300mah spinner and the positive contact inside got loose and started shorting out..it was used for 2 weekends max 5 hours..my ego T mod I pulled the controller off today to check the charge of my 18650..replaced it and it blinks 3 times then 5 times quickly..i've tried everything to make it work and it just doesn't..it also smells like something burnt up inside..

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I feel your pain..that was my day yesterday. I'm done with crappy. Went with built in USA quality. Just think how much we spend in a year.
Set down and add it up, just fed up of poor quality. Check out Grim Green on you tube or Phil Busardo. Good luck!!

cool thanks man..I do watch both their videos already but never for mech. mods..i'm fixing to use this ego mod controller housing and tube and make my own mech. with it..shouldn't be hard to wire a switch and make it work where the existing switch is..just will be direct drive like a mech. instead of through a crappy circuit board..

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
What is the nicest mechanicql mod that looks different than most and is 5 volt? Box, tube, anything

no such thing as a 5v mechanical mod...
whole point of a mechanical mod is no circuit boards....

4.2v-3.7v and play around with ohms ;)

browse around the forums, a lot to choose from.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
cool man appreciated..i'm in the process of looking..hoping the VAMO won't fail like these pos egos..

It's too soon to know about the Vamo, they haven't been out long. One thing is for sure, it won't fail by design after ~250 charges like an ego always does, though what the timetable is on its life who knows? I have one and love it, but I paid less than $30 for it delivered to my door and I know that when it fails, it is parts.

I have the ProVari for my main as a failsafe. I paid a ton of money for my Caravela mechanical, but that is a gift for christmas. The provari is inexpensive compared to the Caravela, but both will be in my rotation until I die, stop vaping or they are stolen. They will never be thrown away for breaking down, and can be sold at near cost so nothing lost. They are heirlooms :lol:

Last edited:

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Where in Ontario are you? If you're close enough I've got a spare mechanical and batteries you can use to help out.

appreciate it man..i'm 4 hours north of you in North Bay..I will contact you if this 1100mah passthrough I have gives up the ghost..no shipping on the weekend so let's pray it keeps working..or i'm going direct to an 18650 with a bare 510 connector and some wire..press and vape..hahaha

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
appreciate it man..i'm 4 hours north of you in North Bay..I will contact you if this 1100mah passthrough I have gives up the ghost..no shipping on the weekend so let's pray it keeps working..or i'm going direct to an 18650 with a bare 510 connector and some wire..press and vape..hahaha

Well, if it does give up the ghost and you don't mind a long drive, definitely give me a shout. I've got plenty to keep you going. :)

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I don't have one, but the bolt is a cheap and reliable mechanical mod. surevapes has it for $29 with free shipping to Canada; The Bolt - Gun Metal, it uses an 18500 though, so you'd need a $7 extender for an 18650 or to "kick" it; Bolt Extender - Gun Metal

Haha, I saw that mod in a stealth thread and it still amuses me; http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/256781-stealth-mod-pics-anyone-2.html#post4996644

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread