Really starting to love wood mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocuZZa00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
New Jersey
So I just purchased my first wooden box mod and I have to say, besides the mod being beautiful, I love the feel of the high quality wood in my hand. It's just so much warmer and nicer to handle. Unfortunately I just had to list it in classifieds because I can't get use to VW mods (has the SX350 chip).... guess I'm strictly a mechanical guy.. LOL.

My question to you is what do you prefer? Wood or Metal.......

Also, can you list some wooden Bottom Feeding box mods that are strictly mechanical?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas

cocuZZa00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
New Jersey
I really should have put "EXCEPT REO's" in my post.

I know all about Reo's... I already have a mini, in the process of buying a Grand and will buy a Woodvil once they are available.

I am looking for a wood bottom feeder until the reo's are available again. Buying a Reo Woodvil is a NO-Brainer... I WILL HAVE ONE. LOL

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Avid beat me to it, but:

Reo Woodvil

They go up for sale in batches as they are produced. The next group should be up for sale at the end of the year. This upcoming batch will have a full mechanical insert with no point-to-point wiring. It should be good for sub-ohm down to about 0.25 ohms.

Subscribe to this thread for information: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...mechanical-reo-woodvil.html?highlight=woodvil If you want one you really have to be willing to work this. Once they go up for sale... the last time the entire lot of 300 Woodvil Grands sold out in under three hours, except for maybe a half dozen that hung on until the next day.

The current Woodvils with point-to-point wiring, good down to about 0.7 ohms, show up in the classifieds on occasion. Typically they are posted and sold in under twenty minutes so again - you have to pay attention if you want one.

Rob doesn't do "pre-order" crap. (Like the Bogger Box fiasco...) You can't leave an advance deposit either. If you want to buy a Reo it has to be made and put up for sale first. That's the only way he does business.

Last edited:

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I just recently saw a thread that lists a bunch of known bottom feeder mods, but can't find it today. Maybe your google-foo is more powerful than mine.

If you can wait for it, forum member pdib makes absolutely gorgeous, seriously powerful, hand-made mechanical wood bottom feedin' Sumpin's. And I do mean wait. I don't expect to see my second Dibi Sumpin' before late in 2016.

dibi_handshot.jpg

Picture gallery:
Sumpin & Nuppin

His thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...orum/524238-pdib-library-tech-specs-info.html

His chat thread where we hang out while waiting in line:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-again-you-kids-should-behave-yourselves.html

sb713

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Houston
The guy that made the box you have for sale also makes mechanicals, you can choose the wood, different door color wood, 510 connection or Atty holder not sure the exact name and the position of the switch I think you can also request the size in 18650 or smaller. Current wait time is 2 weeks so he's pretty quick.
Oh I think they're cheaper than the vv version.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread