Reassurance on recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman399

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Olathe, KS
Ok, so I've got my order coming from wizard labs. I've got 48 mg nic, shooting for 12mg. Got PG, and some other flavorings coming, along with tobacco absolute. I'm aware that you need to mix the TA with 1-2 drops per 10 ml pg to make the concentrate to use in recipes. Just wanted to see if this sounded like a crazy recipe before I tried it when I get my stuff. I'm shooting for a banana tobacco.

By the way I'm copying a recipe I found in ejuice me up's database that came with it. It's Sweetner at 1.25%, it has green apple which I would replace with a mixture of banana cream and banana nutbread at 12.5%, and TA at 6.25%. Does this sound reasonable or too heavy on the TA? I'd like to have sucess with my first one. I'm ok if it's heavier on the tobacco but just want some feedback on if this sounds right or not. Thanks

PS - I'm shooting for what I think the Vermillion River banana kentucky blend would taste like. I've got a sample of that coming so I'll have something to compare it too.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Ok, so I've got my order coming from wizard labs. I've got 48 mg nic, shooting for 12mg. Got PG, and some other flavorings coming, along with tobacco absolute. I'm aware that you need to mix the TA with 1-2 drops per 10 ml pg to make the concentrate to use in recipes. Just wanted to see if this sounded like a crazy recipe before I tried it when I get my stuff. I'm shooting for a banana tobacco.

By the way I'm copying a recipe I found in ejuice me up's database that came with it. It's Sweetner at 1.25%, it has green apple which I would replace with a mixture of banana cream and banana nutbread at 12.5%, and TA at 6.25%. Does this sound reasonable or too heavy on the TA? I'd like to have sucess with my first one. I'm ok if it's heavier on the tobacco but just want some feedback on if this sounds right or not. Thanks

PS - I'm shooting for what I think the Vermillion River banana kentucky blend would taste like. I've got a sample of that coming so I'll have something to compare it too.

I'd want at least 20% vg because vapor isn't that great from 100% pg. I've pretty much settled in on about 50, 50 anymore. Also, I don't think you'll get that close to the sample you have coming with ta alone, but I could be wrong. Usually ta is used with another tobacco flavor. I'd suggest looking through the hangsen thread to see what catches your interest to try.

Forgot. On the flavorings. I mix those as is with no dilution at whatever percentage. correct?

Correct. Good luck and happy vaping. :vapor:

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
I think the banana flavors sound alright. I use them at lower amounts, but I've seen others use them in that range. Not sure what to say about the TA. I don't think I've seen people use it as the main tobacco. (I don't think it makes a good tobacco on its own). Usually it's used to add some notes (grassy?) to another tobacco.

wingman399

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Olathe, KS
Ok thanks guys. So I did get a regular tobacco as well. Would you drop the banana flavoring and allow the room for the tobacco in that percentage or just bump the total percentage up 4-5% for the tobacco? I don't mind it being a little stronger than "normal" vapes since I use a protank and carto tanks which tend to mute the taste anyway.

wingman399

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Olathe, KS
Recipe.jpg So this is a copy of my final recipe. I hope. This is leaving the TA(TFA) 10% from wizard labs straight out of the bottle, no diluting. All of the other flavoring %'s I used the recommended percentages, from ECF, and based them on how prevalent I want that flavor in the mix. Comes out to 18.75%.

Anyone see anything wrong or something I should change or is this good to go?

I understand how many people feel like an idiot when they start the diy stuff.

Attachments

• Recipe.jpg
    Recipe.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Recipe.jpg
    Recipe.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
First off I would drop the bananna and get the tobacco right first. Then add additional flavors. As far as the TA from WL I get mine from TFA. If yours is a thick tar consistancy that you have to warm to thin then I would do 2 drops per 10ml PG then take that 10ml mix and add it in combination to your other tobacco at 4 - 5% to create your final mix. If its already mixed down as described by Face meat then follow his instructions. Sorry I can't make out the charts that you posted there to small.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread