Rebuild SMOK TFV8 Baby Coil Q2 like a boss :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMado

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2017
Tehran
My friend who is a new vaper ask me can we re-wick TFV8 Baby coils like your rta and do not buy new ones? And I replied “No!”. Next day I became curious to try that Idea and I did.
I didn’t search for any solution (if is any) and just tear apart one of my Q2 0.4ohm coils and it was quite simple setup in there. I didn’t think that It will work fine so I didn’t shot more photos and by the way it is just an experience and first attempt.

Why do that?
Because I love to tear apart everything and make something else out of it :w00t:

What is new setup?
Coil: SS 316L 26ga(0.4mm), ø 3.5mm, 7 Wraps (spaced)
Wick: Japanese Organic Cotton, 10x60mm

What I removed from coil?
Metal connector and rubber insulator that hold wires and next wire and cotton around it, but I leave the sheet between core and body.

What was the process?
I removed I make coil around screw driver, wrap wick around it and insert it in to coil case, and then insert rubber insulator an connector in their place. One end of wire placed between body and insulator, and another one between insulator and connector.

Next?
Just prime that and filled the tank! :)

Result?
Good, not perfect, for next time I need to make a bigger diameter because draw is tight. Two days passed, two tank filling (Big Baby Beast) and no leaking yet. It read 0.69ohm and I vape it at 30W.

I don’t find this process a perfect and noticeable work but I think it worth to share result of my experience here :)

(Sorry if my English isn't perfect and if I post this thread in a wrong category)

20171015_113537.jpg

20171015_113602.jpg

20171015_103950.jpg

20171015_104004.jpg

20171015_104341.jpg

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
In Atlantis style coils, dual 5 1/2 wraps of 26G SS around a 5mm screwdriver and comes out to .36 ohms. Works very well at 35 to 45 watts. Straiten two wires and wrap them around screw driver without crossing the wires. Easier to do if you straiten the wires first but you don't have to. You will be amazed. CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread