Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Holy crap!

How did I not see this post?

Sorry NY!!!!

I started with those funky cigalikes that came with a charging case shaped like a pack of cigarettes...had spare pod things or whatever they were.

In early 2011 I was fortunate enough to befriend the younger brother of the owner of VaporTalk.com

He quickly hooked me up with a 450mAh Ego battery and some of those steel wool looking Bridge atomizers.

Then the old school cartos that you had to drip into to keep topping them off.

When he showed up with his first Provari (the first VV model 2) I just about laughed him off the yard!

It was HUGE! That 18650 battery looked so inconvenient to carry around...and the cartos looked so doofy sitting on top of this huge battery!

Funny how, these days, I -only- use 18650 battery mods...and a JUUL.

When I discovered "punched & tanked" cartos, I was in heaven.

I stayed hooked on those past the birth of the dripper/mech phase, and even well into the kayfun generation.

My first Provari (Bronze Mini v2.0) replaced my dying 18650 ZMAX...

Then, once I got my first Kayfun Lite...there was no turning back.

Kayfun was designed with a Provari in mind. There's no convincing me otherwise. That is the best combo to ever hit the market.

Even better than a hybrid GEM / WAE, which are designed by the same person!

It's been rebuildable devices ever since.

Granted I have a few pop-in coil tanks, for those lazy days / build days when everything is torn apart and soaking, waiting for fresh builds.

Boy what a journey!
There's never a need for an apology, @HBcorpse, my friend.
Nice story. And, I'd completely forgotten about the cigalikes which fit into the charger shaped like a rigid pack of cigs. Wow. Wish I hadn't given that away.

Talk to me about the Juul. I usually only take my Ti P3 out in my pocket, since it's so light. But, sometimes, I see those new fangled things which remind me of the cigalikes we talked about, and I say "hmm? maybe so."

Reactions: HBcorpse

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
There's never a need for an apology, @HBcorpse, my friend.
Nice story. And, I'd completely forgotten about the cigalikes which fit into the charger shaped like a rigid pack of cigs. Wow. Wish I hadn't given that away.

Talk to me about the Juul. I usually only take my Ti P3 out in my pocket, since it's so light. But, sometimes, I see those new fangled things which remind me of the cigalikes we talked about, and I say "hmm? maybe so."

The JUUL is an awesome device.

I get all day out of one charge, and it charges in an hour.

I get 2-3 days on a pod, depending on the day.

Of course your mileage will vary.

But it's pocketable, extremely stealth, and you can easily ghost a hit...holding it in your lungs until there's nothing left to exhale.

I do it on airplanes all the time...in bars, restaurants, movie theaters, etc.

The hit is very strong.

It's strictly MTL, but in the truest sense of analog smoking.

They have a handful of flavors to choose from.

Of course, there are several other brands out there with varying degrees of size/flavor/etc.

I like the JUUL.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

But it's pocketable, extremely stealth, and you can easily ghost a hit...holding it in your lungs until there's nothing left to exhale.

The hit is very strong.

Of course, there are several other brands out there with varying degrees of size/flavor/etc.

I like the JUUL.
going a tad OT here but I have a couple of My Von Erls for the same reason. Thinking about it, they are my most used devices, the other 20 or so tanks and squonkers get about a combined 50% usage, the VE's the other 50%. Funny old world!!

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Had an iCare Solo and loved the device but didn't care for the coils much.

For out and about I put this together recently, KF 2.1 heatvape and iStick Basic. the KFs were on clearance for a $1 and picked up a 1/2 dozen :) The Basic was $17 + change and the atty adapter was $2 or so and picked up a handful also.

img_20171202_201157-jpg.703807

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

The hit is very strong.

I like the JUUL.
Yeah, it's intriguing for me.
And the juice? Tell me about the juice, and which Juul flavors you like (and so I can gauge where you're coming from, what other generally available juices you like in non-Juul vaping.)

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Yeah, it's intriguing for me.
And the juice? Tell me about the juice, and which Juul flavors you like (and so I can gauge where you're coming from, what other generally available juices you like in non-Juul vaping.)

The pods are 0.7ml and intended for one time use.

People have figured out how to refill them, but they don't work as well with anything other than what they're originally designed for.

It's a high nic formula, and they were among the first to tap into nicotine salts.

The airflow reminds me of smoking analogs.

It's not very open, so you really can't burn through that 0.7ml pod very fast, and wouldn't want to because you'd likely get "nic sick"...I've done it a few times.

I prefer their Creme Bruule flavor, the Mango, and the Mint.

Their Tobacco flavor is ok, but I've never been a fan of tobacco flavored juices in any form.

Their Fruit Medley flavor tastes like fresh baked anus.

For my "normal" vapes, I prefer tangy/tart fruit type flavors, some custards, some cinnamon pumpkin roll type flavors, and a handful of random/hard to describe juices.

I have stepped down to 0mg, over almost 8 years of vaping, and all my "regular" setups use 0mg.

But when I found the JUUL, I started "using" again...

The JUUL is my only source of nicotine.

So I carry a JUUL in my shirt pocket, and my Radius/Billet Box/JAC B75 in my pants pocket... but not all at once!

Friend of mine has a juul...hits like a freight train w their nic salt formula...like 45mg or something like that.

Very true indeed!

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
The pods are 0.7ml and intended for one time use.

People have figured out how to refill them, but they don't work as well with anything other than what they're originally designed for.

It's a high nic formula, and they were among the first to tap into nicotine salts.

The airflow reminds me of smoking analogs.

It's not very open, so you really can't burn through that 0.7ml pod very fast, and wouldn't want to because you'd likely get "nic sick"...I've done it a few times.

I prefer their Creme Burke flavor, the Mango, and the Mint.

Their Tobacco flavor is ok, but I've never been a fan of tobacco flavored juices in any form.

Their Fruit Medley flavor tastes like fresh baked anus.

For my "normal" vapes, I prefer tangy/tart fruit type flavors, some custards, some cinnamon pumpkin roll type flavors, and a handful of random/hard to describe juices.

I have stepped down to 0mg, over almost 8 years of vaping, and all my "regular" setups use 0mg.

But when I found the JUUL, I started "using" again...

The JUUL is my only source of nicotine.

So I carry a JUUL in my shirt pocket, and my Radius/Billet Box/JAC B75 in my pants pocket... but not all at once!

Very true indeed!
Well, that was fascinating HB. Zero nic and now high nic for you. I'm tempted to give it a shot, but it ain't cheap, plus locked into their poddy things. Maybe I'd also take a look at the MyJet, or whatever it's called. Least I can refill.
"fresh baked anus"? OK. I'll have to give this one some thought.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Well, that was fascinating HB. Zero nic and now high nic for you. I'm tempted to give it a shot, but it ain't cheap, plus locked into their poddy things. Maybe I'd also take a look at the MyJet, or whatever it's called. Least I can refill.
"fresh baked anus"? OK. I'll have to give this one some thought.

Just discovered another brand that makes pods for the JUUL.

ZiiP Pods for Juul | ZiiP Lab | ZiiP Lab

They have a wider range of flavors and strengths, are 1.0ml per pod, and are about half the cost of the JUUL pods!

So you'll get more juice, less nic, for much less money.

Vaping the Watermelon at 4% right now...

It's VERY tasty!

Less throat hit, but still get a nic rush.

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Hey. I stopped at a vape shop and they had the Juul. Can't believe how small and light the damned thing is. Hard to believe it's real.
I almost bought it. My big concern was the juice. If I don't like the flavors then I'm out $50. (Ignoring hacking into it and using non-Juul juices.) That was before I saw your post about the Ziips.
Then I stopped at a gas station/convenience store for gas. They have them too.
Heck, I may just get one tomorrow. merry Christmas to me.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Hey. I stopped at a vape shop and they had the Juul. Can't believe how small and light the damned thing is. Hard to believe it's real.
I almost bought it. My big concern was the juice. If I don't like the flavors then I'm out $50. (Ignoring hacking into it and using non-Juul juices.) That was before I saw your post about the Ziips.
Then I stopped at a gas station/convenience store for gas. They have them too.
Heck, I may just get one tomorrow. merry Christmas to me.

I started with a Starter Kit, which had one of each of the basic flavors.

That's a smart thing on their part, since you'll sample almost their entire lineup.

Did I mention I LOVE the JUUL Mango flavor?

Ziip has one too, but I haven't tried it.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I stopped into a local gas station convenience market today, because they're larger than most and have carried questionable vape stuff for at least a couple of years. They had the Juul starter kit. So, I got it.
First, I've got to understand how to toke on this. But, that said it's giving a goodly amount vapor, given how small it is. good grief, it's the size of my pinky. You know what they said about large hands. LOL. Actually it's the size of my F finger.
I chose my least fav juice, the mint. Mostly because my palate was compromised by brushing teeth. I've thought for a while that whaever you're eating/drinking very much affects how the juice tastes.
I wasn't crazy about the mint, but never have been in a vape.
Hits like mad

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I stopped into a local gas station convenience market today, because they're larger than most and have carried questionable vape stuff for at least a couple of years. They had the Juul starter kit. So, I got it.
First, I've got to understand how to toke on this. But, that said it's giving a goodly amount vapor, given how small it is. good grief, it's the size of my pinky. You know what they said about large hands. LOL. Actually it's the size of my F finger.
I chose my least fav juice, the mint. Mostly because my palate was compromised by brushing teeth. I've thought for a while that whaever you're eating/drinking very much affects how the juice tastes.
I wasn't crazy about the mint, but never have been in a vape.
Hits like mad

I take puffs the same way I used to smoke.

Pure MTL.

I enjoy the Mint in the mornings, and Bruule throughout the day.

If you’re into fruit flavors, make sure to try the mango.

Some local smoke shops around me have them in stock.

And don’t forget about those Ziip pods!

Still digging this Watermelon flavor!

Reactions: newyork13

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I take puffs the same way I used to smoke.

Pure MTL.

I enjoy the Mint in the mornings, and Bruule throughout the day.

If you’re into fruit flavors, make sure to try the mango.

Some local smoke shops around me have them in stock.

And don’t forget about those Ziip pods!

Still digging this Watermelon flavor!
I love watermelon flavor, so it's tempting. But, I read somewhere that the Ziip pods leaked or something bad, can't recall exactly. Your experience has obviously been good HB?
Now having tried all the flavors in the package. Still not digging the mint, it's just too strongly minty for me. The mixed fruit is ok, but not wonderful. I like the Creme Brulee. And as for the tobacco. I really enjoy NETs (from NET.com or Real Extracts.) But, the Juul tobacco reminds me an awful lot of some of the tobaccos from way back, such as those which came with cig-a-likes. That sounds like a criticism, but I'm really getting off on it.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I love watermelon flavor, so it's tempting. But, I read somewhere that the Ziip pods leaked or something bad, can't recall exactly. Your experience has obviously been good HB?
Now having tried all the flavors in the package. Still not digging the mint, it's just too strongly minty for me. The mixed fruit is ok, but not wonderful. I like the Creme Brulee. And as for the tobacco. I really enjoy NETs (from NET.com or Real Extracts.) But, the Juul tobacco reminds me an awful lot of some of the tobaccos from way back, such as those which came with cig-a-likes. That sounds like a criticism, but I'm really getting off on it.

The Ziip pod I’ve been using is having the same condensation issues that the authentic JUUL pods have.

I really do blame it more on my style of vaping, rather than the design, but I do think there is a flaw in the pod design.

JUUL/Ziip pods tend to let some condensation flow down inside the pod chamber.

Keep an eye on it.

I use a paper napkin or toilet paper, bunched up and shove it down inside the pod chamber every now and then.

If you let it go too long, your JUUL might stop firing.

That happened to one of mine once.

I thought it was dead, but I simply blew really strong through the charging end, and then cleaned out the chamber and it worked again!

I guarantee you they’ve made enough money on these little guys to fund a JUUL V2, or even a v2 pod...so I keep my eyes peeled!

Reactions: newyork13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread