The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Rebuildable Tank Atomizers - An Anthology, Pictorial, Builds and Reviews.

Discussion in 'RTA' started by sedge, Dec 15, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    I hate to call foul here and it's nice to see some action on this thread but Juul is really not an RTA guys.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. newyork13

newyork13 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    thanks that's good to know.
    And I'm liking the fruit less. It's mediocre.
    But, I'm still stunned by the size of this Juul. I took it out for its first ride in a car today, leaving my trusty Ti P3 home alone. I wasn't sure where to keep the little guy to not lose it.
    Granted, it doesn't throw the clouds like my Provari and Kabuki combo, let alone a dripper. But, it works really well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. newyork13

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    of course you're right. let this thread like many others lapse into the void.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Sorry about that ToSS...

It's kinda hard to stay on topic when the threads are so quiet these days.

Seems like I see less and less traffic on ECF every day.

If it helps, I carry the JUUL alongside my RTA's!

Since I vape 0mg in the fancy tanks, I get my kick from the JUUL...as it got me hooked back onto the nicotine choo choo train.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheotherSteveS

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    lol. It was a little3 toungue-in-cheek. Anything that keeps these threads going is fine with me!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    I'm coiling and rewicking My.VonERL pods ~ kinda RTA :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. TheotherSteveS

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    me too!!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    Here is my input on the new MTL RTAs that have been hitting towards end of 2017:

Well, I've tried most of the new RTAs now:
    • Berserker
    • KF Prime (SXK clone to determine if want authentic)
    • Siren V2
    • Cthulu Hastur
    Flavor and draw are the most important factors to me on an RTA and everything else follows that.

I do a 2mm kanthal contact coil with rayon in all my RTAs at about 1.2-1.5 ohm. The RTA needs to support the build and I don't do different builds for different RTAs.

For context my all time favorite RTAs:
    • KFL
    • Spheroid
    • Gem V1
    • Gus Phen. Zest
    • Erlkonigin nano
    KF Prime is super nice but not tight enough on the draw for me, will be selling. Don't like the AFC push/pull and doesn't play nice with the JFC to me.

Cthulu Hastur is great and with the air inserts can get the draw and flavor where I like. Nice looking and well made but too big at 24mm and have already sold. Negative is have to drain to get to deck, at least from what I can tell.

Siren V2 so far doesn't hit the flavor for me but still putting through some paces. Draw is tight enough or at least pretty close. Got the 22mm on this one so size is good and a good looking device.

The Berserker is spot on for flavor and draw for me. Very close to the high-end RTAs I love which is saying a TON. I have 2 22mm ones on order and if flavor and draw are same I'll sell the 24mm and grab a couple of more 22s :)
    I like the look, the size, I don't mind bottom fill and I'm going to determine if I can top fill like I do my Kayfuns with the old turn upside down method.
    For under $30... phhhtttt, no brainer.

If they make a 22mm Ares I'll probably still try it but I suspect the air will be similar to the Prime.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. newyork13

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    agreed. and I lived in London for a couple of years, and I miss it. What a wonderful city.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. newyork13

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I've been playing with my Siren V2 in TC. Granted, it was my first attempt at TC, but I've not been overwhelmed with either the flavor or the vapor. I'll keep trying and since it was my first attempt, I'll withhold final judgement.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. rifky

rifky Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2014
    Indonesia
    Same with me, If Ares launch 22mm I will instant buy. I am hold the trigger because 24mm TOSS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ToolmanTexas

ToolmanTexas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!
    If the Hastur launches a 22mm I'll purchase that. It met my criteria just too darn big for my stealthy style.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheotherSteveS

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    Merry Xmas to all you great folks!!!! And a great NY!!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thunderthud54

Thunderthud54 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 15, 2016
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Hi Stanley,

Have watched a lot of your video’s - thanks so much for wonderful tips! Greatly appreciated. My favorite RTA is currently the authentic Svoemesto Kayfun mini 3. I’m wondering what your current (or all-time) favorite MTL rta is for best flavor? I personally found the flavor of my favorite (net tobacco) juice to be muted on the Prime, but my Prime wasn’t functioning well, so maybe I’m wrong about that.

• Like Like x 3
  15. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Hi brother, thank you for those warm words! I haven't purchased the K-Prime, so I'm handicapped to comment on that RTA. My most used atties nonetheless are the Kayfun flagship twins ~ The K5 and the KM3. However, my most favorite RTA is the GP Spheroid v4 till date. That one's my benchmark on flavor and ease of use vs. dimensions. I had uploaded a short video on the subject a few months back, pls check that out:

Merry Christmas to everyone - and a Happy New Year!

• Like Like x 6
  16. TheotherSteveS

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    if there was a RTA University, then Prof Qorax's video tutorials would be required 'reading'. I consider them a body of reference lectures to be watched, enjoyed and learnt from!

Pay attention at the back there...

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. TheotherSteveS

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    HNY guys and gals!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Clinton Caraway

Clinton Caraway Full Member

Oct 13, 2015
    I found this tread and think that my favorite RTA needs to be discussed. The Tank by Scottua is a 100% U.S.A. made RTA. It was designed originally (v1) to be used on a 30mm 26650 tube mod. It is basically a 22-24mm RDA build deck with a tank of juice around it.
    It could be called the first 30mm RTA because the designer and builder Scott Carson had prototypes in hand first but Anthony Tran from Vaperz Cloud beat Scottua to actually release by a few weeks with the 30mm VCMT by Vaperz Cloud (a good tank in it's day).
    There has been three releases of The Tank by Scottua
    V1 / Fall 2015 = 200 Tanks
    V2 / Fall 2016 = 400 Tanks
    V3 / Fall 2017 = 500 Tanks

That's 1100 total ...world wide.
    It may seem like a lot but they are hard to find on the second hand market.

If you get a chance to pick one up I recommend it highly. It's the best RTA I've ever used and it's built like a Swiss made watch.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  19. Bryong70

Bryong70 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2014
    DFW
    My new setup. Zeus RTA on Smoant Cylon. Lovin it. 20180111_173131.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada