rebuilding kanger coil mini pro tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

divyabhatia

Sep 20, 2014
my coil fire up when I make it with 33 gauge kanthak,I put one wick in it as shown in the youtube videos, but when I put in the top wick it stops working.Since I don't have silica yet, i'm using good portion of my kanger t2 silica. is this happening because of the t2 silica?i'll have to buy silica so should I buy 1mm or 2mm?i'm from india we don't have vape shops here and have to buy everything online and only one site sells silica wick.amazon india has one usa seller who sells 2mm wick.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I build coils on a mini PT. I don't know anyone who uses silica. Generally it's cotton or rayon. You don't need a top wick if you use cotton. Why don't you try that.

And again, most people use 30 gauge kanthal for PT wicks. I've never seen 33, must be really thin.

You say it stops working. Do you mean it doesn't heat up at all? Does it start working again if you take that top wick out?

Sunburst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Williamsport, PA
Similar to lee, I rebuild the wife's to 1.6 with 28ga on a 2mm mandrel and wick with rayon. A smidge less airflow, but excellent vapor and taste. She's a mouth hitter anyway. I almost have vertical coils nailed. (Thanks again, lee for your help.) Running 2.4mm, 1.5ish and rayon. I'm excited to find that a local shop has Japanese cotton in stock, so I'm making a trip tomorrow. We'll see what that's like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread