rebuilding kanger heads , help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyman32

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2014
maryland
I just Started rebuilding my kanger dual coils and im having a issue , seems like when i build them and check my ohms on my meter they are right where i want them but when i put them in my tank and fire them up the ohms fluxuate like crazy from low to high ohms, any idea why it happens ? It occurs even when i build single coils. Anyway to fix this? Thanks

Runamok3x

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2014
New Paltz, NY, USA
My guess is you are not trimming the leads short enough and as you tighten down on it the rubber/silicone bushing is getting squished and causing chaos. Try trimming them shorter if you can or try tucking them in a bit so they done peek out.
I've found that twisting them off works better than cutting them. YouTube it.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Hey JM,

Are you building them on the same device you are vaping them on, or a dedicated meter?

Dont forget the basics of clean terminals. The kanger heads with that open nipple system will, even at best, weep a little juice on to the connection and once that dries or scums up it can make ohms fluctuate allot. Also tucking the leads under the gasket helps me, I`m always afraid they`ll get scrunched and poke out and cause a short, so I tuck/bend them in between the insulator and the terminal piece.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I just Started rebuilding my kanger dual coils and im having a issue , seems like when i build them and check my ohms on my meter they are right where i want them but when i put them in my tank and fire them up the ohms fluxuate like crazy from low to high ohms, any idea why it happens ? It occurs even when i build single coils. Anyway to fix this? Thanks

JM if you're attempting a contact micro coil you're seeing the result of incomplete oxidation. Enough gaps in the coil or inadequate pulsing will leave you with a hot coil, high or low. Lot of good info on the Protank thread above. Hail me there and you're sure to get help from an experienced builder.

Good luck.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread