Received my 510 from cignot - newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
Alright, I promised not to post newbie questions and just read until I finally got my hands on a e smoke..

So far I have had it for an hour and a half... when I woke up (I work wierd hours... I'm an iraq vet turned street peddler... could loosely be described as a carny, lol). I have felt the need for only one analog.. which is amazing for me because the morning is usually 5+ smokes for me by now.

Alright... as for the questions... what is the nicotine levels in the marlb high that is in the carts that come with it? Because I am already craving another analog.. if it is low, should I dump it and let my girlfriend who is fine smoking that stuff smoke it as I put in some of the 26mg in one of the carts?

Do I need to clean the cart the first time I refill if it is with a different e liquid?

I'm trying a slow smooth drag and I am getting decent vapor... what are the easiest way to produce more vapor?

So far I am pretty happy with my purchase and kinda want to start getting a little more into it and figure out how to maximize the 510s performace cheaply. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Dustin

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
The batteries go fast so a pcc or staying near a charges is kinda a must. As for getting a huge hit and a quicker nic fix drop a couple of drips of high nic right onto the top of the atty coil and inhale into your mouth and then into your lungs. master that technique and it will rock your socks off.

Good luck man,

Off topic, But I'm a combat vet as well, two deployments as a straight up infantry grunt.

Ctroop

Moved On
Jan 8, 2010
Ohio
Welcome progunxzx. I would first like to thank you for your service to our country.
As far as mixing liquid, I do it every day. I usually mix a fruit flavor with a tobacco. I think the "High" liquid is only around 18mg - 24mg. My factory filled carts that came from Cignot didnt seem to have much juice in them. So if you like it just refill it. If you dont like the taste, just pull out the fiber, and refill with a juice that you like.

Good luck.

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
The batteries go fast so a pcc or staying near a charges is kinda a must. As for getting a huge hit and a quicker nic fix drop a couple of drips of high nic right onto the top of the atty coil and inhale into your mouth and then into your lungs. master that technique and it will rock your socks off.

Good luck man,

Off topic, But I'm a combat vet as well, two deployments as a straight up infantry grunt.

Yeah I definetly want to master dripping but also need to have some filled carts since I am on the road all the time. How do the PCC's work? Also, a car charger wouldn't be a bad idea huh?

I was signal in the army... I was stationed in GA, Germany, and deployed to Kuwait and Ramadi attached out to infantry. I can't believe I have been out for 2 1/2 years, time flys.

Welcome progunxzx. I would first like to thank you for your service to our country.
As far as mixing liquid, I do it every day. I usually mix a fruit flavor with a tobacco. I think the "High" liquid is only around 18mg - 24mg. My factory filled carts that came from Cignot didnt seem to have much juice in them. So if you like it just refill it. If you dont like the taste, just pull out the fiber, and refill with a juice that you like.

Good luck.

When I pull out the fiber, do I need to clean the cart, then clean the fiber and stuff it back in before I add 10-15 drops?

Thanks to all for the advice so far!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Alright, I promised not to post newbie questions and just read until I finally got my hands on a e smoke..

So far I have had it for an hour and a half... when I woke up (I work wierd hours... I'm an iraq vet turned street peddler... could loosely be described as a carny, lol). I have felt the need for only one analog.. which is amazing for me because the morning is usually 5+ smokes for me by now.

Alright... as for the questions... what is the nicotine levels in the marlb high that is in the carts that come with it? Because I am already craving another analog.. if it is low, should I dump it and let my girlfriend who is fine smoking that stuff smoke it as I put in some of the 26mg in one of the carts?

Do I need to clean the cart the first time I refill if it is with a different e liquid?

I'm trying a slow smooth drag and I am getting decent vapor... what are the easiest way to produce more vapor?

So far I am pretty happy with my purchase and kinda want to start getting a little more into it and figure out how to maximize the 510s performace cheaply. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Dustin
the high prefilled carts that come with the kits are usually 18mg I believe..I think thats the across the board comonality in the starter kits from all vendors..
If it aint quite cutting it for you yeah I'd up the strength...it has been suggested that the nic in vapor gets absorbed slower than what it would through smoking an analog..so you may need to vape more frequently to get the same satisfaction..

already killed the first battery... 1 hour and 42 minutes later.. thank god I bought an extended battery as well... it seems to pull vapor better... is this just me getting the hang of it or is this battery more powerful?
No unfortunately that's the drawback and downfall of the 510..the crappy battery life..

Hmm tips for tweaking performance..look into cart mods like the blue foam..should allow you to vape more before having to top off your carts..
Since youalready discovered the crappy battery life..you might want to look into a PCC (it recharges one battery while you use the other) for on the go but it doesn't really fit the mega battery well..

Alternately if you really like it you might want to look into the eGo/tornado...which is a big battery 510 with a atty cone/cover/shroud ..it ups the performance a little..and extends your battery life to epic proportions compared to the standard (like 10+ hours per charge compared to the 2 hours)

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
the high prefilled carts that come with the kits are usually 18mg I believe..I think thats the across the board comonality in the starter kits from all vendors..
If it aint quite cutting it for you yeah I'd up the strength...it has been suggested that the nic in vapor gets absorbed slower than what it would through smoking an analog..so you may need to vape more frequently to get the same satisfaction..

No unfortunately that's the drawback and downfall of the 510..the crappy battery life..

Hmm tips for tweaking performance..look into cart mods like the blue foam..should allow you to vape more before having to top off your carts..
Since youalready discovered the crappy battery life..you might want to look into a PCC (it recharges one battery while you use the other) for on the go but it doesn't really fit the mega battery well..

Alternately if you really like it you might want to look into the eGo/tornado...which is a big battery 510 with a atty cone/cover/shroud ..it ups the performance a little..and extends your battery life to epic proportions compared to the standard (like 10+ hours per charge compared to the 2 hours)

Is the PCC something you carry with you? How does it work? As for the eGo/Tornado are they priced somewhat similar to the 510?

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Yeah I definetly want to master dripping but also need to have some filled carts since I am on the road all the time. How do the PCC's work? Also, a car charger wouldn't be a bad idea huh?

Thanks to all for the advice so far!
the PCC is really a portable battery pack housed in a metal cig pack like box..it recharges via usb and stores a charge and then you plug your regular battery into it and it recharges them (good for about 6 charges before you have to recharge the PCC)

alternately if you're in the car...look at a passthrough and a car adapter..the passthrough is a usb cord and you run your attomizer off of usb power from your computer..or with a car adapter you turn your cig lighter outlet into a usb port..the downside is that it's wired..so it's more hooka like that way..but takes the batteries out of the equasion..

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Is the PCC something you carry with you? How does it work? As for the eGo/Tornado are they priced somewhat similar to the 510?

the eGo starter kit is like $80 for 2 batteries, a 510 atty, a cone, 5 carts, and the fast charger for that model..
but you can get the batteries, and cone seperately..it does use a different charger or an adapter..the batteries are about double the cost at around $24..but they last (my standard batteries were lasting me an hour and a half at most and the 2 eGo batteries last me all day (like 8am to 1 am)..and it uses 510 atties..

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
the PCC is really a portable battery pack housed in a metal cig pack like box..it recharges via usb and stores a charge and then you plug your regular battery into it and it recharges them (good for about 6 charges before you have to recharge the PCC)

alternately if you're in the car...look at a passthrough and a car adapter..the passthrough is a usb cord and you run your attomizer off of usb power from your computer..or with a car adapter you turn your cig lighter outlet into a usb port..the downside is that it's wired..so it's more hooka like that way..but takes the batteries out of the equasion..

Could I use the passthrough in a van to say charge the PCC so when I am out working I have a fresh PCC.. my working conditions are varied and unpredictable.

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
You cant use the passthrough to charge the PCC but if you have a passthrough with the battery pack in it you can puff of the passthrough when it's not plugged in until the battery dies. Or you can just plug it into your vehicle and puff away there. The PCC should last you awhile though because it will charge about 6 batteries.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Could I use the passthrough in a van to say charge the PCC so when I am out working I have a fresh PCC.. my working conditions are varied and unpredictable.
I got a USB adapter for my car lighter that has 2 usb ports on it..I used 1 port to charge a PCC and the other to power a Passthrough so I wasn't using any batteries when I was in the vehicle..(the passthough..imagine a 510 battery with a wire coming out of it (then possibly an inline battery box) going to a USB plug.. the PCC has a usb charging cord that plugs into a usb port and then plugs into the PCC...so long convoluted answer to your question...no the PCC and the passthrough are 2 seperate things and you cant really pair them up to work off each other..

EDIT: as a side note once I got my eGo set..I ended up passing on my passthrough, and the PCC to a friend just starting to get interested in vaping..I know like I'm sounding like I'm pushing that model..but I work in the heavy construction field and I'm outdoors at worksites and all kinds of crazy places and hours are varied...and it just simplified and cut down on the amount of crap I had to carry..and an eGo battery costs the same as a PCC..and lasts me longer, in a more compact design (I did forget to mention that the eGo is a bit bigger than a reg 510, it feels more like a stubby cigar in the hand at 14mm diameter compared to the 9mm of the standard 510)

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
My advice is go to mad vapes get an adapter for 510 to kr808d-1 cartomizer for a couple a bucks, then get some blank cartos to fill with your favorite flavor/strength, and finally get a 5volt passthrough (same place $15.00) cause cartos like higher voltage. Thats what I use and I have a 6volt mod I only use when away. You can also get a usb to 110 ac adapter for $5.00 for house or one for car to use your passthrough in either place without pc.

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
EDIT: as a side note once I got my eGo set..I ended up passing on my passthrough, and the PCC to a friend just starting to get interested in vaping..I know like I'm sounding like I'm pushing that model..but I work in the heavy construction field and I'm outdoors at worksites and all kinds of crazy places and hours are varied...and it just simplified and cut down on the amount of crap I had to carry..and an eGo battery costs the same as a PCC..and lasts me longer, in a more compact design (I did forget to mention that the eGo is a bit bigger than a reg 510, it feels more like a stubby cigar in the hand at 14mm diameter compared to the 9mm of the standard 510)

Hmmm, I may have to look into getting one of those after I work my next big event in a wk and a half.. never hurts to have extra pvs around huh?

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
My advice is go to mad vapes get an adapter for 510 to kr808d-1 cartomizer for a couple a bucks, then get some blank cartos to fill with your favorite flavor/strength, and finally get a 5volt passthrough (same place $15.00) cause cartos like higher voltage. Thats what I use and I have a 6volt mod I only use when away. You can also get a usb to 110 ac adapter for $5.00 for house or one for car to use your passthrough in either place without pc.

Would it make sense on the road for days at a time to take carts with me and do a cart/dripping combination? I definetly want to get into battery mods and possibly the eGo thing.. right now I kinda have to hold out until my next job, so maybe I should go with the PCC thing for now?

I'm buying equip for two... my girlfriend spends many of my road trips at home so the battery thing is less of an issue for her, but I know I am going to need more equipment than I have since there are two of us. I just have to balance what I spend on this and the money that is coming in.. it's the slow part of the year. Work is just now starting to pick up.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Hmmm, I may have to look into getting one of those after I work my next big event in a wk and a half.. never hurts to have extra pvs around huh?
and it works with the 510 atties you already have..
Knowing what I know now...and if it had been out back when I first started..that would have been my first choice...it really is a 510 on steroids...and not that much bigger either..

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
and it works with the 510 atties you already have..
Knowing what I know now...and if it had been out back when I first started..that would have been my first choice...it really is a 510 on steroids...and not that much bigger either..

I'll have to order that in a couple weeks, especially since it works with what I already have.

progunxzx

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
alright... 4 hours in only one analog and I hate to do this but I feel the need for number two. I don't know if I need a little higher nicotine deal or if I am just withdrawling from the chemicals. But still only two analogs in 4 hours is a huge deal for me... 2 1/2 - 3 packs a day is my norm.

Yeah, I'm withdrawling from something... this analog fixed it right up, was feeling kinda light headed and fuzzy.. now I'm doing better. I was kinda hoping to make an instant switch.. I guess I couldn't tough it out like when I quite booze, oh well.... I am still in love with this e smoke concept and it's working for the most part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread