Received my m401 PCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saints

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
New Orleans
I just got my m401 PCC from absolutelyecigs.com and I have to say it is totally useless.:( It does not charge my manual or auto m401 batteries. Even if it did charge them the batteries are too tall and you can not close the top of the PCC, not even close. If anyone was considering buying one of these I would hold off and not waste your money. There is another vendor that sells these also and I`m pretty sure they are the exact same. Sooo sorry guys, it looks like the wait continues for an official m401 PCC. :(

bg458

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
I thought the they are Smoore actually I know they are so this would make them the official, I was thinking of getting on maybe they would best with the M402?

I just got my m401 PCC from absolutelyecigs.com and I have to say it is totally useless.:( It does not charge my manual or auto m401 batteries. Even if it did charge them the batteries are too tall and you can not close the top of the PCC, not even close. If anyone was considering buying one of these I would hold off and not waste your money. There is another vendor that sells these also and I`m pretty sure they are the exact same. Sooo sorry guys, it looks like the wait continues for an official m401 PCC. :(

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
Saints, I would try Kevin at Sharp Smoker - Home of the Electronic Cigarette - M402 for the case. Although it's not a smart pcc, it is geared for the M401 and will work with the M402. Forget about the M403, the battery is too short for it. It doesn't hold a whole e-cig in one piece, but it does hold a charging battery, an extra battery, an atty and some carts. Check it out. Kevin has been great to do business with.

Saints

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
New Orleans
I thought the they are Smoore actually I know they are so this would make them the official, I was thinking of getting on maybe they would best with the M402?

Yeah I thought they were Smoore too and they might be. Maybe they will work with the m402 batts, but I dont have any to try and was not planning on getting any. I`m waiting on an email from absolutelyecigs to see what they are going to do. Shipping is almost as much as the product so if they want it back for a refund it wont be worth it and i may have to end up buying some 402 batts or try to sell it to someone who has some already, we`ll see.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
absolutelyecigs.com is supposed to be the official Smoore direct supplier, isn't it?
The site makes it look like it's designed for the m402, so I understand length being an issue, but it should still charge it.
Isn't that a smart pcc where you have to hold the button or something to get it started? Have you tried any of the m702 PCC tricks to "reset" the pcc and get the charging cycle started?

I've seen two other suppliers who are selling pcc's for the m402 now- one is selling the new smart one that absolutelyecigs has (but rebranded with their own name), the other is a solid (mostly solid?) black one that doesn't have the front buttons or lcd charge indicator. The second appears to be a third party design, and although I love the idea of the lcd charge indicator, most of the reviews seem positive about it's performance.

Raenon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yeah I thought they were Smoore too and they might be. Maybe they will work with the m402 batts, but I dont have any to try and was not planning on getting any. I`m waiting on an email from absolutelyecigs to see what they are going to do. Shipping is almost as much as the product so if they want it back for a refund it wont be worth it and i may have to end up buying some 402 batts or try to sell it to someone who has some already, we`ll see.

Looks like apophis beat me to the punch on the 3rd party pcc.

Send me a pm if it turns out that your pcc is just the wrong size but charges- I may take it off your hands. I'm partial the m402 battery size.

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
I ordered a charging case from Sharpsmoker. Unfortunately it wouldn't charge my batteries -- I tried it with brand new ones, an old reliable one, M401 and M402 styles, and no go. I sent it back to Kevin last week, and am waiting on a replacement.

Kevin has been very easy to work with on this, I'm not holding it against him. Just hoping the next one works, and I'm glad to hear that someone else has had good luck with it. It's a very nice case, anyway -- sort of a rubberized feel to it, and a nice weight. Looking forward to being able to use it soon!

Saints

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
New Orleans
Alright, I got it to charge the batteries. You have to hold the button down after you screw it in. So it does work, but my complaint is still that you cant shut the top when it is charging. In order to shut the top it looks like the battery would have to be about an inch shorter and from the size chart that I have seen only the 403 batt would fit this way. It still seems pretty useless to me as the whole point of having a pcc is to take it on the go and have it in your pocket. The way it is it would be bulky and i would feel like I would break it in my pocket this way.

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
I got mine as well. The top will shut with M402 and M403 batteries. No questions about it. It does charge both the auto and manuals.

The M401 will be a little too long to shut. But i guess if you get the M401 to shut, the PCC will be useless for M402 and M403 batts. It still charges the M401 on the go with a little inconvenience of not being able to shut the top.

Still a great piece overall. The appearance is waaaay cooler than the M702 PCC. It has a rubbery feel on the surface and the design is super sweet!

Saints

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
New Orleans
I got mine as well. The top will shut with M402 and M403 batteries. No questions about it. It does charge both the auto and manuals.

The M401 will be a little too long to shut. But i guess if you get the M401 to shut, the PCC will be useless for M402 and M403 batts. It still charges the M401 on the go with a little inconvenience of not being able to shut the top.

Still a great piece overall. The appearance is waaaay cooler than the M702 PCC. It has a rubbery feel on the surface and the design is super sweet!

Yeah I like the rubbery feel of it and the blue LED is cool too. Overall I think it will be nice with m402 batteries, it just sucks now because all I have is m401 batteries. Oh well, live and learn!

bg458

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
That is too bad if they would have made the top 1/2 inch taller it would have worked with all three models.

Yeah I like the rubbery feel of it and the blue LED is cool too. Overall I think it will be nice with m402 batteries, it just sucks now because all I have is m401 batteries. Oh well, live and learn!

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
It does look like a cool PCC but yes, why couldn't they make the lid a touch larger inside? I reviewed the Vogue PCC (the same as Smarp Smoker's) and it will charge 401 and 402 auto batts but isn't a smart PCC. I has performed great so far. I guess there's a trade off either way.

Last edited:

bg458

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
I am pretty shur that the one that Sean will have at electric-cigz.com the PowerPal will shut on the M401 since he has one dedicated to th 401 in a starter kit would be weird if it did the shut with the ecig that comes with it.:confused:

It does look like a cool PCC but why couldn't they make the lid a touch larger inside? I reviewed the Vogue PCC (the same as Smarp Smoker's) and it will charge 401 and 402 auto batts but isn't a smart PCC. I has performed great so far. I guess there's a trade off either way.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Checking their site it looks like the one at absolutelyecigs is being advertised as a "402" kit that is 401/403 compatible. When I pre-ordered mine from Sean at electronic-cigz.com I had to specify it was for a 401.

No word from him yet on when they're shipping but I'll report back when I get mine (if somebody else doesn't beat me to it). ;)

Fedor

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Shot an email to absolutelyecigs.com and was told that there will be an M401 PCC but it would most likely not fit the M402 and M403 due to the length. I was told that this M401 PCC has not even been produced yet. I'd like to see how long before this pre order gets fulfilled, if its really from Smoore. Would be an interesting observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread