Received my Volt e-cig today. Disappointed. Any suggestions for other brands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacSabbath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Scotland
I received my volt e-cig today. It's my first e-cig though I have sampled some disposables and a friends Blu. I'm having the same issues per this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/324389-just-got-my-volt-kit-pretty-disappointed.html

It's way too hard to draw and get a good vape. When I do draw (heavily) it's very loud through the gaps between the cartomizer and the battery. It whistles.

I'm using two 78mm batteries and both have this issue with multiple cartomizers. The poster on the thread above has the same issues so I believe it's just a design flaw.

In order to get a good vape I need to draw extremely hard for a long time and I don't like that. I don't like the loud sound either through the gaps of the cartomizer and sealed battery.

Are there other brands of e-cig that give a thicker vape without the loudness or heavy draw of the volt? I don't mind spending a little extra if these issues can be resolved. I just don't think the volt is for me.

dbot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Last edited:

dbartoli71

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 1, 2013
New Jersey
www.str8vapor.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As was mentioned in the thread that you linked to, you shouldn't have the noise nor need to puff so hard to get a decent vape with the Volts. It sounds like you got the auto batteries, and not the manual button ones. It was personal preference, but after using both the auto's and the manuals, I strongly preferred the manuals for better vape control. You should contact Smokeless Image customer support about your issue.

I really liked the Volts when I began vaping. They were what I used to stop smoking. I just didn't care for the need for changing out batteries every 3-4 hours and the limitation of juice carrying devices of the smaller batteries. The larger eGo-sized batteries, the Volt X2's by Smokeless Image, were much more satisfying for me. I got over 6 hours use with the 650 mah batteries and almost a day's use with the 1300 mah battery, and could use the larger clearomizers on them and not look so top heavy. I'd strongly suggest trying the manuals and not the auto's.

View attachment 166020 View attachment 166021 View attachment 166022

MacSabbath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Scotland
I tried a different cartomizer in the sampler pack and I'm getting better results now. I started with desert joe and it was disappointing. I'd initially tried 3 different types Desert Joe, Country, and Ry4. I was getting weak vapes with all so perhaps it's a bad batch of cartomizers. I'm vaping the freedom now and getting better results. I'm reluctant to open another pack of cartomizers however because it could be money down the drain. Can't say I am too disappointed after using the freedom cart. I have some blank carts and some heathers heavenly vapes I could try but I'm still reluctant.

Really don't want to use one of the bigger devices at this point. I hate having this habit in the first place and don't want to delve deeply into it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I tried a different cartomizer in the sampler pack and I'm getting better results now. I started with desert joe and it was disappointing. I'd initially tried 3 different types Desert Joe, Country, and Ry4. I was getting weak vapes with all so perhaps it's a bad batch of cartomizers. I'm vaping the freedom now and getting better results. I'm reluctant to open another pack of cartomizers however because it could be money down the drain. Can't say I am too disappointed after using the freedom cart. I have some blank carts and some heathers heavenly vapes I could try but I'm still reluctant.

Really don't want to use one of the bigger devices at this point. I hate having this habit in the first place and don't want to delve deeply into it.
You may get better satisfaction if you ditch the pre-filled cartos and go with filling your own blank cartos with bottled juice. I tried the pre-filled carto's, too, and never finished a one. Luckily, I ordered some blanks and a bottle of Volt Ice Menthol, and that was all that I used for about a month.

I understand your reluctance to use a device larger than the 78mm Volts. I was in the same place as you. Luckily I had ordered a 1300 mah Volt X2 along with my Volt starter kit to use at home. As I said earlier, I learned to detest the smaller batteries because of the need to carry so many wherever I went. I finally decided what was more important to me: Worry about how my vaporizer looked to others, or quit smoking. The answer is quite obvious, as I have been smokefree for over 8 months.

Think that I am self-conscious about my vaping devices now? Click on the link below in my signature to view my vaping setups. If you are serious about stopping cigarettes, you need to decide what is more important to you in the long run. The bigger batteries work so much better. Just my opinion. ;)

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I would second ccm2000's to get an eRoll if you want a cig-alike and Twists, Vision Spinners, KGO VVs or Apollo VVs paired with a Vivi Nova or Kanger T3 if a larger battery will work for you.

The eRoll is an automatic with a great draw and it produces an excellent vape. It is extremely easy to use and comes very close to functioning like smoking cigarettes. The small, attractive PCC it comes with avoids nearly all the hassle and downsides to cig-alikes.

I have Twists and VAMOs so I bought my eRoll for out and about but find myself picking it up at home quite frequently because it's just so nice to have something light, small that is so similar in experience to smoking. I've enjoyed mine so much that I bought one for my daughter for her to use for out and about even though she loves her Twists.

The Twists are nice because you can dial in the amount of power your juice delivery device receives to get the the vape you prefer.

These reviews will show you how the eRoll works.
eMini E-Cigarette Review (aka eRoll)
Joyetech eRoll Review. This little eCig is AWESOME!
Joyetech eRoll vapour electronic cigarette

This video shows how the Twist works. The Vision Vision Spinners, KGO VVs and Apollo VVs work the same way.
THE EGO TWIST IS A GAME CHANGER Grimm Green video review

These videos explain the Vivi Novas.
A PBusardo Review - Vivi Nova 2.5
A PBusardo Tutorial - Vivi Nova Cleaning & Rebuilding

This video covers the Kanger T3
Kanger T3 Bottom Coil Clearomizer Review

charlzrocks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Hamilton, MS
I ordered my Volt kit right before midnight on 12/31/12 and it shipped today, should get it Monday or Tuesday....I will let you know of my experience with it. I ordered both a manual and auto 78mm batteries with the smooth tobacco carts....I also have only tried disposables and one being a Blu....which I have to say I like the taste of the regular tobacco flavor (it has a hint of coffee flavor which I love):thumbs:

MacSabbath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
Scotland
I ordered my Volt kit right before midnight on 12/31/12 and it shipped today, should get it Monday or Tuesday....I will let you know of my experience with it. I ordered both a manual and auto 78mm batteries with the smooth tobacco carts....I also have only tried disposables and one being a Blu....which I have to say I like the taste of the regular tobacco flavor (it has a hint of coffee flavor which I love):thumbs:

I'm using it more now and I seem to like it better. I'm thinking perhaps in the shipment the cold must have caused the metal to shrink a little and caused the whining/loudness on draw when I first got it. It seems to vape better now.

Let me know what you think of the manual vs automatic. I might get SI to replace the batteries with manual if they're better.
Flavors; Camel Joe isn't so great. Ry4 is decent. I can see why people use it for a daily. Country and 555 are a bit generic. So far Freedom is closest for me to an analog cig. If I stick with this I'll open up the blanks and try some of the heather h v flavors.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So far freedom is the closest to analog cigs for me.
This statement made me smile. :)

If you stick with vaping, there will come a time when the taste of an analog is the furthest thing that you will want.

Not poking fun, and not meant to be an insult or anything along that line. This is the natural progression in vaping. We tend to begin searching for the flavor that is most like the cigarette brand that we smoked, but end up wanting nothing to do with that flavor. Once we are truly free of cigarettes, we are able to realize how bad they really taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread