Recent milestones and discoveries

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
OK Vets.....thought I'd share some interesting observations (well maybe you already know these things). First, I figured out the a dcc carto works best between the yellow and the red. Guessing that is about 4.7 or thereabouts. Secondly (and I want high fives) is I successfully punched a carto with a saddle valve. Then to top it off slipped the carto in the M1A1 tank and filled it with a syringe through the hole. I then primed the carto using the syringe to get it nice and wet. Then I started vaping....at like 5.4 or some rediculous high voltage I've not experienced before. All I have to say is WOW!

Next observation: This morning I kept using my batteries from yesterday morning (in the IPro). The taste got weaker and weaker thinking, crap, the dcc is going on me after a day and a half. Put fresh batts in and WHAM.....it came to life! So, my thinking is the batteries, even though the mod should retain its output throughout the battery cycle, there was a significant difference. I suppose they were worn pretty thin at that point.

I want to try the larger M1A1 but wish there were a way to get away from dcc's to do this. Anyone know of where we can get 3.0's long enough for a 1 1/2"? Everything I see out there is dcc at 1.5 ohm. I do like the tank of the smoketech but geez, there has to be a higher ohm carto for those that would work.

OK....that's all from the front line at this point...carry on. :)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Check ikenvape for mega single coil cartos.
On the batteries, there is a huge, very noticeable, drop right before the protection circuitry will kick in, time to change them. If you look at the lights, you will see both red and blue light when the switch Is depressed = time to change batteries.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Yeah, the mega 808's from Ikenvape are what I'm using. I read that mega fusions will be arriving fairly soon... you can't really go wrong with the Ikenvape stuff.
A slight annoyance with this setup is I find I need more then one saddle-valve hole in the megas. Two for thin liquids, four for thick.

These tanks are so easy to fill that the size isn't as important to me as I thought it would be. I plan to buy a little one next...

Last edited:

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
Anyone know of where we can get 3.0's long enough for a 1 1/2"? Everything I see out there is dcc at 1.5 ohm. I do like the tank of the smoketech but geez, there has to be a higher ohm carto for those that would work.

OK....that's all from the front line at this point...carry on. :)

This is what I use for tanks. Single coil, 2.8 ohm and the exact same size as the DC's

5pc Single Coil Cartomizers XL for 510/eGo - $6.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail--

EDIT: you can buy 210 of them for $189.00 including shipping. They have a sale going. 42 boxes should last you a while.

Last edited:

hificat101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
PA
This is what I use for tanks. Single coil, 2.8 ohm and the exact same size as the DC's...
you can buy 210 of them for $189.00 including shipping. They have a sale going. 42 boxes should last you a while.

Jeeze Keys, talk about commitment. I've been poking around Health Cabin a little because you always talk about getting stuff from them. I wondered about how you dealt with the high shipping costs. Guess now I know how. I also know who to go to if I ever need to to bum a carto or two.

How long does it take you to get a pkg like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread