Recent singapore experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
As you say vaping had been banned in Singapore.

If you try to take your vape into Singapore it is very likely to be confiscated. You are also likely to be hit with a fine.

Even if you were to get it through unnoticed you would not be able to vape in public as you would risk being arrested - or at least having it confiscated.

I'd say it's a bad idea.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I myself wouldn't bring vape gear into Singapore. Fortunately, I visited already (as a child) and it's an interesting country, but not a vape friendly country... At all. I'm also not sure on the status of other nic replacement strategies, but if you must travel there, I'd probably recommend using something like Sweedish snus or nic salt pouches, which are at least disposable.

I will point out AND SHOULD POINT out that I don't know their "legal" status, so I'd probably research which (if any) OTC nicotine containing prescription aids and what not are "permitted" or not, but I would most definitely NOT recommend trying to bring vape gear of any sort.

Best of luck,

Anna

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just to say my pennyworth, i went to Singapore in Sept 2016 and took 3 mods and juice into the country and i was passing thru their, stayed for 4 days, while going onto Bali.
    Although i was told it was banned there, i was let thru customs with no problem. I did Vape there but didnt make it obvious. I didnt see any vapers while i was there.

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    thanks guys,
    yep, confirmed my initial thoughts on it, probably better to buy one once i push on from there and add to the collection. still baffles me that it is illegal, but yes as Lewis said, we need to respect the laws of the land we travel in.
    Did you inquire about it from the airline you will be using?

• Agree
    Reactions: stols001

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
    Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    Did you inquire about it from the airline you will be using?

Rules of the airline end at the gate/ground/customs (the list goes on) but ultimately, you're in Singapore at the end of the day. BA/United/Cathay Pacific... all their rules don't apply the second you're off the plane.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread