Recently bought, now have questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
So I recently bought the 510 to 510 adapter so that I could secure a drip shield on my puresmoker mod. The little bit of extra room would help.

Two questions: What was this adapter designed for, it has a hole in the bottom?

Second question: Will this adapter allow juice to still leak out because of the bottom and side holes?

From my understanding, very few vendors carry adapters that are already sealed. I'm pretty sure adapters are designed like that in case the buyer plans on using it with an automatic battery. There really isn't a need to seal an adapter unless you plan on over-dripping/using a drip shield. 510-510 adapters have plenty of uses besides just with a shield, most of which are just adding a little extra space when needed. (ex: providing enough clearance to use a carto tank on a mod with a top button). Yes, juice can leak out the bottom of an unsealed adapter. When I buy an adapter for use with the dripshield, the first thing I do is seal the bottom hole with a little dab of solder. It's quick and easy to do, even for somebody like me who's terrible at soldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread