rechargable nicostick

Status
Not open for further replies.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Inspired by a couple of the mods ive seen on here too lazy to find names :). I felt like making a battery mod so i took a trip to the local radio shack. After browsing I Found a Lenmar PPUMINI-M with proper box and placed holes there is no longer a need to remove the battery from the box to recharge. 2400 mah to boot. Because imma noob I still can't post links, search lenmar.com. I had to sacrifice a USB male to keep it clean. Use your imagination on this one. We shall see how long it lasts. Vapor is equal to being on passthru, after all it is a 5v battery. I can try to post pics later on if anyone is interested, honestly just a larger nicostick.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Welcome to the forum :)

If you build two, so have one to use while the other is being charged, yes no need to have removable batteries. It's a reasonable variation.

It can actually be used while charging. However, the box it requires is honestly too large to be practical. Good idea but I'll call it a first lesson in making battery mod. I used it all day with mostly no problems. Seems that battery does not like to be drawn more frequently than once every 45secs or so to produce good vapor :( on the shelf it shall go.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
It can actually be used while charging. However, the box it requires is honestly too large to be practical. Good idea but I'll call it a first lesson in making battery mod. I used it all day with mostly no problems. Seems that battery does not like to be drawn more frequently than once every 45secs or so to produce good vapor :( on the shelf it shall go.

That's one way to cut down ;)
Seems it cannot really handle the current and needs time to recover. It might not last long like this (and might even become dangerous). Maybe find another, less-demanding use for it.

"It can actually be used while charging" - sure, but no use if you need to go out !

Yes, it's a learning process, and we learn just as much from what does not work as what does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread