The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

rechargable nicostick

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by cddz, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cddz

cddz Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2009
    Newark, Ohio
    Inspired by a couple of the mods ive seen on here too lazy to find names :). I felt like making a battery mod so i took a trip to the local radio shack. After browsing I Found a Lenmar PPUMINI-M with proper box and placed holes there is no longer a need to remove the battery from the box to recharge. 2400 mah to boot. Because imma noob I still can't post links, search lenmar.com. I had to sacrifice a USB male to keep it clean. Use your imagination on this one. We shall see how long it lasts. Vapor is equal to being on passthru, after all it is a 5v battery. I can try to post pics later on if anyone is interested, honestly just a larger nicostick.

2. kinabaloo

kinabaloo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Welcome to the forum :)

If you build two, so have one to use while the other is being charged, yes no need to have removable batteries. It's a reasonable variation.

3. Cellmeister

Cellmeister Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    I Saw Some Reviews On That Emergency Battery Pack, They Were Not Good. The Pack Can Be Found For $6.00....

Let Us Know How It Works Out For You After A Few Days.

~Keep Vapin~!

4. cddz

cddz Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2009
    Newark, Ohio

It can actually be used while charging. However, the box it requires is honestly too large to be practical. Good idea but I'll call it a first lesson in making battery mod. I used it all day with mostly no problems. Seems that battery does not like to be drawn more frequently than once every 45secs or so to produce good vapor :( on the shelf it shall go.

5. kinabaloo

kinabaloo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

That's one way to cut down ;)
    Seems it cannot really handle the current and needs time to recover. It might not last long like this (and might even become dangerous). Maybe find another, less-demanding use for it.

"It can actually be used while charging" - sure, but no use if you need to go out !

Yes, it's a learning process, and we learn just as much from what does not work as what does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.