Recipe Newb Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Floss Angeles
When you cut your nicquid , PG, VG, do you do mix them in other bottles, or do you mix straight into your final recipe?

for example, if I plan on making a 10ml recipe, do I put the drops straight into the 10ml bottle, or do I cut the VG, PG and e-liquid (nic) together, then add to the 10ml dropper bottle?

This is the formula I intend to use for 10ml recipe:

Water 10.00% 20drops
Alcohol 0.00%
Flavoring 10.00% 20 drops
VG 30.00% 60 drops
PG 20.00% 40 drops
Nicquid (36mg) 30.00% 60 drops

this gives me 10.8mg nicotine strength (which for me is perfect)

However, I'm afraid this formula will dampen the flavor.

Also, when you buy your flavors, do you buy drams, or ounces?

Lastly, when you purchase your VG, PG, Commercial e-liquid and flavors, how much of each do you buy?

Sorry for all the newbie questions. :oops:

Thanks in advance!

Here is a great little video that goes over making custom e juice.

youtube and watch?v=ebJKi04y2sM

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere on the forum but I figured Id save you some searching.

Enjoy )

EDIT:

It may just be me, but I really dont see the point in mixing PG and VG.. they are pretty well exactly the same thing, just that VG can be slightly thicker than the PG. IMO, choose one and go from there.. If you choose PG, just add some nic juice for your nicotine fix and flavor. If you use VG, cut it with either distilled water or alcohol, so its not as thick, and add some nic juice, again for your nic fix and flavor. Again, this is my opinion, so others may have something different to say about this.

Last edited:
not very scientific or precise, but good video for seeing how people mix and cut their liquids. Thanks for the link.

Np ) and I dont think any of it is really "scientific", unless youre altering nicotine levels, in which case there is a bit of "science" to it, or precision rather. It really all comes down to personal preference and trial and error. As you saw in the vid, she adds a couple drops, tests it out and goes from there. When youre dealing with flavor, everyone is going to have a different opinion really. Especially smokers whos palate's are quite tainted to begin with, heh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread