Recipe Sub-forum idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
After trolling the DIY liquid forum i've found it hard to find some recipes or see if there was people out there with my same interest type stuff....

I would think it would be AWESOME if the DIY Liquid section had a section dedicated to JUST recipes... kind of like our little cook book... i was looking at the sticky... and i found it a bit funky to find/talk about a recipe...

If there was a sub-forum,and i were to come up with a recipe, post a new post of it on there... then people could freely post about it, try it, even rate it in their post...

Requests could be done in there too... like I've been thinking of where to ask if anyone can help me figure out how to replicate a Marlboro Smooth flavor, of course without tasting one again... almost 2 weeks analog free.

only a noob idea... maybe someone high in the chain might like the idea :p

sorry for the spam if no one likes the idea.

Or are you referring to a straight recipe book with no discussions regarding those recipes?
Taking this one step forward, it could be organized like this:

DIY Recipes (Header)
-----Apple Pie (Topic inside Forum)
----------Apple Pie Recipe #1 (Recipes listed here)
----------Apple Pie Recipe #2
-----Banana Creme Pie
----------Banana Creme Pie Recipe #1
-----Clove
----------Djarum Black Recipe #1
----------Djarum Splash Recipe #1

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Or are you referring to a straight recipe book with no discussions regarding those recipes?
Taking this one step forward, it could be organized like this:

DIY Recipes (Header)
-----Apple Pie (Topic inside Forum)
----------Apple Pie Recipe #1 (Recipes listed here)
----------Apple Pie Recipe #2
-----Banana Creme Pie
-----Clove

What i meant ... and i tried to make it clear... At the top you see the:

Ecig forum > The E-Cigarette > Tips & Tricks > DIY e-liquid

"DIY e-liquid" is a Sub-Forum of "Tips & Tricks"

I just mean one more sub-forum... so ALL the recipes are not included in ONE Post, They would basically have they're own Forum -under- the DIY Liquid forum... the DIY Liquid forum page would be for random comments about DIY liquid techniques etc... the sub-forum for recipes would only be for recipes and recipe Requests - so it would look like this...

Ecig forum > The E-Cigarette > Tips & Tricks > DIY e-Liquid > Recipes

Being able to make a post of a recipe then discussing it with others is not a bad idea... i would like the interaction for the recipe be connected to the original post and not over somewhere else...

Putting toooo many sub forum folders would just drive the guy that has to make them CRAZY.

Maybe we should make a poll? :confused:

Seem to be getting some views just no answers... some people would just vote without commenting though...

oh well just an idea... everyone doesn't have to like it :p

Last edited:

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
I think its a great idea, and is one of the things I am planning to put together for my app (once i get the list code sorted out and prettified the gui). I will be sure to share the results here of my scrounging for recipes and simplifying them to smallest numbers and then scaling to standard measurements.

Don't tell me it's an iPhone app... i don't want to have to throw my pre-iphone-days Windows Mobile Phone (that did every iPhones can do basically) at you :p hahahaha

I've been with HTC windows mobile phones for a while now... can't live without it... pretty sad actually. HTC Touch Pro right now... looking to get the tp2 soon.

oops i polluted my own topic lol...

Ghalenlee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2009
Manchester, CT
I haven't even looked at the recipe only thread. Why? It's way toooo big. Too overwhelming to find that *one* post you're looking for.

I think a sub-forum for recipes is a great idea.

It would be even better if that sub-forum was split into fruit flavors, coffee flavors, tobacco flavors.... okay, that might be getting too OCD about it..

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
There's a thread (link below) where people are currently being asked to put forward ideas for the forum. I wonder if it might be an idea for you to ask about a recipes-only sub-forum in there so that it might be better noticed and, therefore, perhaps be taken into consideration together with other ideas that are being put forward?
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...8-forum-redesign-your-ideas-please-again.html

Starlight

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
UK
I'd suggested months ago (about same time as you, Walrus) if everything to do with liquids could be in one forum rather than spread between "Tips and Tricks" and "Reviews". It too fell on deaf ears... I know the reviews are reviews of commercial liquids, but sometimes reviews of DIY flavours are added to it as well. Some people also mix DIY into commercial liquids too. I just think anything to do with liquids, whether commercial or DIY, should be in one forum.

But I get the impression that SJ is listening at the moment and that some changes at least are being made (like the new "Ask the Experts" forum), whilst others are being worked on as we write, and that others are also being considered.

If someone does put forward this idea of a recipes-only sub-forum (which I agree with too, as long as there's no chatter in them, just recipes only please! :)), they might like to link to this topic rather than have everybody who's posted in it start replying all over again in SJ's topic?

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
i think the "chatter" is okay under a topic post about a certain recipe... like if someone posted their version of a Caramel Apple juice, people who tried it could talk about it... which would be the beauty of a sub-forum for JUST recipes...

i didn't get to see all these posts till now but thank you for going and posting about this on the other topic :D

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I think it is a fantastic idea. It would be so much easier to go to one area and just look down a list of recipe names to find what you are looking for... and then you could read each thread for various recipes and discussion. Breaking it down further into flavor families would help as it got larger. Right now recipes get lost in the long recipe only thread or disappear here if people don't keep them bumped to the top.

Hope it happens sooner rather than later! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread