The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Recoiled Evod with cotton, but it gurgles

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by piggy, Jun 18, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. piggy

piggy Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    I recoiled evod with cotton, following others raves. I used cotton form the edge of a Johnson's q-tip. First few drags were good and tasty, but then came the doomsday gurgle. Do the wicks have to be tighter? more cotton? or both?

2. E_DeCastro

E_DeCastro Moved On ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2009
    SOCAL, USA
    we have to see a picture. if the ends are "fluffy" enough it will leak. I add a piece of silicia (I suppose I can use cotton) for a flavor wick, but I use it so it seals against the top cap. make sure the gasket up top is pushed all the way down.

3. Cheechako

Cheechako Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2012
    Arizona
    If it gurgles, you can add a cotton flavor wick also.
    Sometimes do this when I misjudge the amount of cotton I put in for the wick...

4. HughDaHand

HughDaHand Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2012
    Swartz Creek, MI
    Sounds like you need a little bit bigger wick. I always fluff mine up and fold a little bit of the wick back into the wick hole. The idea is to fill the wick holes completely. It does take a little trial and error to figure out the right amount of cotton to use.

5. Cheechako

Feb 11, 2012
    Arizona
    That is the trick to using free range cotton like cotton batting, balls or off Q-tips.
    I was having problems gauging the right amount after doing several rewicks.
    Wasn't satisfied with the yarn or string as it needs to be boiled first in order to
    remove the sizing and impurities from manufacturing, a royal pain in the a--!
    I tried the 15 threads of cheese cloth doubled over and pulled through the coil
    and have to admit, the three different clearos I tried it on worked perfectly and wick
    like a champ with great flavor.

6. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    What do you wrap the flavor wick in?

7. Cheechako

Feb 11, 2012
    Arizona
    Just a smaller cototn wick until the holes are filled...
    Sometimes use cotton strings for wicks.
    The 15 doubled into 30 cheese cloth strings seem to be the
    perfect amount alone in the coil...

8. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
    I'm thinking about your cheese cloth method. Do you tie them together or braid them into a wick, or just roll them loosely straight into the coil?

9. Cheechako

Feb 11, 2012
    Arizona
  10. piggy

Mar 5, 2013
    New York
  11. Rodeorat

Rodeorat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2013
    Guthrie, OK
    A reminder that hasn't been reiterated enough.......cotton takes 1 to 2 hours to saturate. It wont expand and fill the gaps until its fully saturated. You might be getting plenty of wicking action but the juice is running off your wick. Vape something else for an hour or 2, fling out the juice in the tube, and try it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.