Recommend a new tank for me to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
So I have been vaping for nearly 5 years now. I've played around with everything. used to build my own coils and all that jazz. After a couple of years I decided I just want a good tank with an easily obtained and cheap cost coil that I can just replace as needed.

That led me to the Tobecco Super Tank and I have been using it daily for a very long time. These tanks are built like a tank. Never an issue ever. I own three super tanks and use aspire nautilus coils in it. I always thought this was about the best I would get...until I had to buy a mod while away on vacation and it came with the SMOK TFV8 Big Baby.

This tank has amazing flavor. I mean just amazing but it only lasts a week before the flavor dies off and I need to change the coil. When I used the Super Tank/Nautilus coil combo the coil would last about a month. Sure flavor died off towards the end but it was not too bad. I find that the SMOK coils once the flavor starts to go down that it just tastes like crap so I change coils weekly.

The other thing I hate is how SMOK has the hinge top. It opens in my pocket all the damn time and once that happens it leaks everywhere. I hate the hinged top. That said; this tank and coil is so good when it comes to flavor. I have a hard time going back to the Super Tank now.

So I want a tank that holds a minimum of 5ml and has a great coil that is sub ohm and fairly priced in packs of 4-5 per carton.

Can anyone recommend a super flavorful tank/coil combo? I think it would have to be a somewhat mainstream popular tank coil system so buying additional coils will not be any issue. Oh and I love airflow. My vents are always fully open.

I really do not keep up with all this stuff and haven't since 2014. I'm more likely to walk in a shop and just tell the guy to recommend something and then buy it as do research and buy a load of tanks, mods, coils as I used to do.

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I am enjoying the Freemax Fireluke, using the same .25Ω coil for 3 weeks now. Great flavor and a satisfying full lung hit with af open about 60%.
Yeah, I'm a fan of the Fireluke too. Also been using the 0.25 dual coils.

Many folks seem to prefer the 0.15 coils, I've never even tried the one that came with it.

This thing vapes nice, and the coils do very well for me. Easily got a month out of mine (about 480ml juice), but it was unflavored.

Also comes with the RBA section, eager to give it a try when I get a chance. Betting the RBA vapes better than the factory pre-mades.

Vape Wild has the tank and a very good price on the coils. Think it's like $11.99 for 3 pack. I picked up 3-4 packs of coils to go with it, but thinking I'll try the RBA next.

EODPaul

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
The Aspire Revvo is pretty good. I've been using mine for a few days now, and the coil is lasting well. It's easy to use, fill and seems fairly well sealed. It hasn't given me a dry hit yet, but the key is to invert it after filling it, in order to saturate the coil. I was a bit cautious about the idea of the "stovetop" coil design, but it seems pretty good, almost at a dripper or RDTA level for flavour. Filling the tank with a unicorn bottle is easy and mess- free. The only drawback, for me, is that the coil ( there's only one variant available) works best at 80+ watts. The coil is Kanthal, so temp control is out. Coils are fairly cheap too, with a three pack only being $10 CAD.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The Uwell crown is a great tank. I’ve gotten 4 pack of coils for $8 and they last for a month easy. 1 coil lasts a month I mean. Great flavor no leaks. I love the .5 coils but there is .25, both dual SS, and a 1.2(I think) or 1.4, 1 of the 2 that is kanthal. It’s been around awhile so the tank and coils are very inexpensive for a great tank.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
The Uwell crown is a great tank. I’ve gotten 4 pack of coils for $8 and they last for a month easy. 1 coil lasts a month I mean. Great flavor no leaks. I love the .5 coils but there is .25, both dual SS, and a 1.2(I think) or 1.4, 1 of the 2 that is kanthal. It’s been around awhile so the tank and coils are very inexpensive for a great tank.

Do you have an opinion on what model crown is best?

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
The Q4 is towards the end of it's 3rd week now and still going strong. The T10 is also in for a week now on my other prince and it is so far great BUT it goes through juice like a baby goes through milk. I need to toss that T10 and not use it. Great flavor and really smooth hits but I can vape 8ml a juice way too fast in this thing.

Yeah I bought two of the Princes. The Prince tank is that good.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
The Q4 is towards the end of it's 3rd week now and still going strong. The T10 is also in for a week now on my other prince and it is so far great BUT it goes through juice like a baby goes through milk. I need to toss that T10 and not use it. Great flavor and really smooth hits but I can vape 8ml a juice way too fast in this thing.

Yeah I bought two of the Princes. The Prince tank is that good.[/Q

So I actually bought the crown original. First coil was .25 and burned in 2 days. Second coil was .5 and this time I watched a “how to prime the crown coil properly video” and it was going strong for 4 days until I left in my pocket unlocked on accident and when I went to take a hit it was disgusting charred and burnt. I guess the wattage had upped to 225 oops.

I did buy my daughter another prince tank and she swears by them but loves the t10 coils. When I hit hers though it feels like it’s too much for me. She vapes around 80 watts and me only at 50.

Last edited:

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
@Kittyntwinstarz

Sometimes new tanks can give you that feeling. Going from a Supertank to the Prince or even the baby beast was like, "WHOA! that thing is a much bigger hit!" But then after using it for a week and then trying to use the Supertank again I was like..."Now it feels like my supertank isn't drawing in enough air, has no flavor and just sucks....where is that Prince tank at...?"

It is just an adjustment. Running 80 watts on the T10 is the minimum to get the best flavor. Anything under 80 and the flavor is muted. I run mine at 80 watts too. The Q4 I run at 60 watts. Both coils can handle more watts but that is the lowest I can go and get the flavor I want.

The Prince and Baby beast both have outstanding flavor IMO. I'm now trying the X6 and running it at 60 watts too but I think 65-70 watts would be the sweet spot. Gonna try it now....../standby

Ok so 70 watts works good with the X6 and 65 watts does as well. I'll stick with 65 for now. The few people I know personally that use the Prince all prefer the X6 and claim it is the best of both worlds between the Q4 and T10. You get the great flavor but can use a lower wattage that helps your batteries last longer and it doesn't soak up the juice as fast as the T-10.

Also I noticed the Q4 when in use spits a lot. The T10 is super smooth when hitting and the X6 is almost as smooth. The T10 just goes through juice too fast for me. I fill it up and a couple of hours later 8mL of juice is almost gone. That's crazy.

The Q4 and X6 both last me much much longer. I can get through the work day on a full tank. At home I vape a lot more but still it lasts a good long time compared to the T10.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
@Kittyntwinstarz

Sometimes new tanks can give you that feeling. Going from a Supertank to the Prince or even the baby beast was like, "WHOA! that thing is a much bigger hit!" But then after using it for a week and then trying to use the Supertank again I was like..."Now it feels like my supertank isn't drawing in enough air, has no flavor and just sucks....where is that Prince tank at...?"

It is just an adjustment. Running 80 watts on the T10 is the minimum to get the best flavor. Anything under 80 and the flavor is muted. I run mine at 80 watts too. The Q4 I run at 60 watts. Both coils can handle more watts but that is the lowest I can go and get the flavor I want.

The Prince and Baby beast both have outstanding flavor IMO. I'm now trying the X6 and running it at 60 watts too but I think 65-70 watts would be the sweet spot. Gonna try it now....../standby

Ok so 70 watts works good with the X6 and 65 watts does as well. I'll stick with 65 for now. The few people I know personally that use the Prince all prefer the X6 and claim it is the best of both worlds between the Q4 and T10. You get the great flavor but can use a lower wattage that helps your batteries last longer and it doesn't soak up the juice as fast as the T-10.

Also I noticed the Q4 when in use spits a lot. The T10 is super smooth when hitting and the X6 is almost as smooth. The T10 just goes through juice too fast for me. I fill it up and a couple of hours later 8mL of juice is almost gone. That's crazy.

The Q4 and X6 both last me much much longer. I can get through the work day on a full tank. At home I vape a lot more but still it lasts a good long time compared to the T10.

So I have the big baby beast that came with my mod. It is good but burnt through coils too fast. My daughter said go with the Prince tank but I bought the crown OG instead. I also have the Tobeco super mini tank that is good but hard to draw. So I was loving the crown but figured why not try the prince. I am absolutely loving it. The cloud and flavor is amazing at 60w with the Q4. I bought a box of T10 coils but I’m thinki now it may be too much for me. I guess I’ll see.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
Good to hear. Yeah I was quite shocked at the flavor output of both the baby Beast and the prince tanks. The main difference is the prince coils are redesigned and truly do last longer compared to the single week I would get out of any SMOK coil in the baby beast. The baby beast outputs great flavor but coils burn out quick.

The T10 coils are without a doubt fantastic and they do last. I just can't handle how much juice it uses. I have to carry a bottle of juice with me to work when using the T10 lol. I never had to do that before. I think the X6 coil is the perfect middle ground for flavor and longevity. Running 60-65 watts is nice too as my batteries last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread