Recommend a new tank for me to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Good to hear. Yeah I was quite shocked at the flavor output of both the baby Beast and the prince tanks. The main difference is the prince coils are redesigned and truly do last longer compared to the single week I would get out of any SMOK coil in the baby beast. The baby beast outputs great flavor but coils burn out quick.

The T10 coils are without a doubt fantastic and they do last. I just can't handle how much juice it uses. I have to carry a bottle of juice with me to work when using the T10 lol. I never had to do that before. I think the X6 coil is the perfect middle ground for flavor and longevity. Running 60-65 watts is nice too as my batteries last longer.

I am going to pick up some X6 coils today. I think that is what will be best for my needs. I definitely like the Q4 but I would like a bit more cloud.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
As you've been given some advice already, I'll just say that putting one of those little silicone rings on the top of your smok tank will prevent it from opening in your pocket or elsewhere. It has worked for me, just a thought.
Screenshot_3.png

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
As you've been given some advice already, I'll just say that putting one of those little silicone rings on the top of your smok tank will prevent it from opening in your pocket or elsewhere. It has worked for me, just a thought.
View attachment 724833

I have those but I thought you put it on the tank to prevent it from breaking if you drop it lol

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
So I have been vaping for nearly 5 years now. I've played around with everything. used to build my own coils and all that jazz. After a couple of years I decided I just want a good tank with an easily obtained and cheap cost coil that I can just replace as needed.

That led me to the Tobecco Super Tank and I have been using it daily for a very long time. These tanks are built like a tank. Never an issue ever. I own three super tanks and use aspire nautilus coils in it. I always thought this was about the best I would get...until I had to buy a mod while away on vacation and it came with the SMOK TFV8 Big Baby.

This tank has amazing flavor. I mean just amazing but it only lasts a week before the flavor dies off and I need to change the coil. When I used the Super Tank/Nautilus coil combo the coil would last about a month. Sure flavor died off towards the end but it was not too bad. I find that the SMOK coils once the flavor starts to go down that it just tastes like crap so I change coils weekly.

The other thing I hate is how SMOK has the hinge top. It opens in my pocket all the damn time and once that happens it leaks everywhere. I hate the hinged top. That said; this tank and coil is so good when it comes to flavor. I have a hard time going back to the Super Tank now.

So I want a tank that holds a minimum of 5ml and has a great coil that is sub ohm and fairly priced in packs of 4-5 per carton.

Can anyone recommend a super flavorful tank/coil combo? I think it would have to be a somewhat mainstream popular tank coil system so buying additional coils will not be any issue. Oh and I love airflow. My vents are always fully open.

I really do not keep up with all this stuff and haven't since 2014. I'm more likely to walk in a shop and just tell the guy to recommend something and then buy it as do research and buy a load of tanks, mods, coils as I used to do.

So I have the Tobeco super mini tank and I felt the same as you with the aspire coils. Then someone recommended I use the Tobeco coils and wow what a difference. It went from ok to amazing. I just have a tank addiction now lol

Reactions: stols001

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
So I have the Tobeco super mini tank and I felt the same as you with the aspire coils. Then someone recommended I use the Tobeco coils and wow what a difference. It went from ok to amazing. I just have a tank addiction now lol

See I'm the opposite. I really dislike the tobeco coils they do not have as good as flavor to me and they do not last as long. To each their own though.

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
Try the vaporesso euc stainless steel coils, they’re even better!

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I like the title of this thread, a new tank "to try." We never really know if something others love or dislike will turn out the same to us. It's also a good idea to give a new tank some time and effort (including trying a few different juices!) to realize its full potential. I've sometimes wondered if some vaoers, especially if going to something substantially different, stay with it long enough to give it a fair chance. Anyway........

Regarding the Prince tank and its coils, I abandoned the Q4 coils rather quickly, but am a bit conflicted between the X6 and T10 coils as of yet. I'm liking both, but stay around the 78 watt range.

View attachment 724833

I totally agree and have been using bands on all my Smok tanks for that very reason. But really like that the Prince tank has the locking button eliminating (hopefully) that "need."

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've heard pretty consistent things that coil life is great with those coils. Sometimes I think the "longevity of coil testing" done by manufacturers helps determine price. I thought the Zenith coils were ridiculously expensive but I bought my tank at LEAST a month ago, if not more, and I'm still using my first coil. It refuses to die. I've even put storebought juice through it, in an attempt to kill one off. No luck. To be fair, I have a lot of mods in rotation, and I can't remember the last time I changed ANY drop in coil, but yeah, I think you will get excellent coil life out of the Crown tanks.

Good luck with your purchase,

Anna

Dropmyload

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2017
I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Uwell Valyrian tank. I haven't tried it personally but I plan to. Hopefully the coils last a long while because they are twice as expensive as SMOK coils though.
I have one. Good coils, last a while, but just too much heat and vapour for me. Mind you, I run them at 57w although they recommend 90 w. Ugh.

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Watch some videos on the arco 2 tank with the t6 coils. It has flax paper between the coil and cotton. Taste like day one flavor for a week before starting to slowly go down. Interchangeable with the cloud beast and lots of other tanks or coils. You can find 3 packs for under 10 bucks but they last 3 times as long as most coils. 26mm wide but not too tall and 5ml.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
Please let us know how the X6 works for you. I'm curious to see if your experience differs from mine. Enjoy the prince!

So I put the x6 with a sour apple juice that I loved in my other tank. I’m at 50w and it’s a horrible throat hit. I let the tank sit all night. I’m up to 60 and it’s not as harsh but there is minimal flavor. I bumped it to 70 and I’m getti better flavor and vapor. Harsh throat hit is gone. I’m at 80 where I have never been and it’s perfect. I didn’t want to push it so high but I guess you have to for these higher coils.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
@Kittyntwinstarz

You might find that some juice requires more watts. Maybe change watts depending on the juice? Just an idea.
I have tried 60 through 100 watts on the X6 and since yesterday I have been sticking to 70. I vape 50/50 mostly though so maybe that makes a difference.

Kittyntwinstarz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
California, USA
@Kittyntwinstarz

You might find that some juice requires more watts. Maybe change watts depending on the juice? Just an idea.
I have tried 60 through 100 watts on the X6 and since yesterday I have been sticking to 70. I vape 50/50 mostly though so maybe that makes a difference.

So I had to go to 85 to get best results. This is a 70vg/30pg juice. I have just never vaped so high before. I bought a brand new pack of v10 coils and now I’m worried that will require at least 100w. My daughter swears by those and only does 80w so I guess I’ll see when I try it next.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
The T10 and X6 can be run at the same wattage. SMOK recommends that the best range for the X6 is 80-100 watts and the T10 80-110 watts so I think it is safe to say 80 watts should work fine for you. These coils just need a good amount of watts to make them come alive. Look at the bright side; at least now you can actually use those higher watts your mod provides but you never used. :)

Also how old are your batteries? I only ask because as batteries age they can lose some of their oompf. Batteries do get tired.

prince coils.jpg

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread