The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Recommend a new tank for me to try.

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Snicks, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kittyntwinstarz

Kittyntwinstarz Senior Member Verified Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    I am going to pick up some X6 coils today. I think that is what will be best for my needs. I definitely like the Q4 but I would like a bit more cloud.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nikhforos

Nikhforos Senior Member

Jan 29, 2018
    As you've been given some advice already, I'll just say that putting one of those little silicone rings on the top of your smok tank will prevent it from opening in your pocket or elsewhere. It has worked for me, just a thought.
    Screenshot_3.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Snicks

Snicks Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 7, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    Please let us know how the X6 works for you. I'm curious to see if your experience differs from mine. Enjoy the prince!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    I have those but I thought you put it on the tank to prevent it from breaking if you drop it lol

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    So I have the Tobeco super mini tank and I felt the same as you with the aspire coils. Then someone recommended I use the Tobeco coils and wow what a difference. It went from ok to amazing. I just have a tank addiction now lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nikhforos

Nikhforos Senior Member

Jan 29, 2018
    Correct, for the extra SWAG too.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Snicks

Supporting member
    May 7, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    See I'm the opposite. I really dislike the tobeco coils they do not have as good as flavor to me and they do not last as long. To each their own though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Dropmyload

Dropmyload Super Member Verified Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Try the vaporesso euc stainless steel coils, they’re even better!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    And you can use them in the Tobeco super mini tank?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dropmyload

Oct 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Shayna Thompson

Shayna Thompson Full Member

Dec 14, 2017
    Southeast Oklahoma
    Crown 3 or Valyrian are my favorite tank's. Coils might be a little pricey but they outlast all other's I've tried except the Vaporesso estoc mega tank with the ceramic coil. You can get a 10 pack of coils for $14 and they last forever. Flavor is outstanding as well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. OlderNDirt

OlderNDirt Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2014
    Nebraska
    I like the title of this thread, a new tank "to try." We never really know if something others love or dislike will turn out the same to us. It's also a good idea to give a new tank some time and effort (including trying a few different juices!) to realize its full potential. I've sometimes wondered if some vaoers, especially if going to something substantially different, stay with it long enough to give it a fair chance. Anyway........

Regarding the Prince tank and its coils, I abandoned the Q4 coils rather quickly, but am a bit conflicted between the X6 and T10 coils as of yet. I'm liking both, but stay around the 78 watt range.

I totally agree and have been using bands on all my Smok tanks for that very reason. But really like that the Prince tank has the locking button eliminating (hopefully) that "need."

• Like Like x 2
  13. christylh8

christylh8 Senior Member Verified Member

Jan 29, 2018
    Huntsville, AL
    I've heard nothing but amazing things about the Uwell Valyrian tank. I haven't tried it personally but I plan to. Hopefully the coils last a long while because they are twice as expensive as SMOK coils though.

• Like Like x 2
  14. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I've heard pretty consistent things that coil life is great with those coils. Sometimes I think the "longevity of coil testing" done by manufacturers helps determine price. I thought the Zenith coils were ridiculously expensive but I bought my tank at LEAST a month ago, if not more, and I'm still using my first coil. It refuses to die. I've even put storebought juice through it, in an attempt to kill one off. No luck. To be fair, I have a lot of mods in rotation, and I can't remember the last time I changed ANY drop in coil, but yeah, I think you will get excellent coil life out of the Crown tanks.

Good luck with your purchase,

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dropmyload

Oct 23, 2017
    I have one. Good coils, last a while, but just too much heat and vapour for me. Mind you, I run them at 57w although they recommend 90 w. Ugh.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Super Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Watch some videos on the arco 2 tank with the t6 coils. It has flax paper between the coil and cotton. Taste like day one flavor for a week before starting to slowly go down. Interchangeable with the cloud beast and lots of other tanks or coils. You can find 3 packs for under 10 bucks but they last 3 times as long as most coils. 26mm wide but not too tall and 5ml.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    So I put the x6 with a sour apple juice that I loved in my other tank. I’m at 50w and it’s a horrible throat hit. I let the tank sit all night. I’m up to 60 and it’s not as harsh but there is minimal flavor. I bumped it to 70 and I’m getti better flavor and vapor. Harsh throat hit is gone. I’m at 80 where I have never been and it’s perfect. I didn’t want to push it so high but I guess you have to for these higher coils.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Snicks

Supporting member
    May 7, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    @Kittyntwinstarz

You might find that some juice requires more watts. Maybe change watts depending on the juice? Just an idea.
    I have tried 60 through 100 watts on the X6 and since yesterday I have been sticking to 70. I vape 50/50 mostly though so maybe that makes a difference.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    So I had to go to 85 to get best results. This is a 70vg/30pg juice. I have just never vaped so high before. I bought a brand new pack of v10 coils and now I’m worried that will require at least 100w. My daughter swears by those and only does 80w so I guess I’ll see when I try it next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Snicks

Supporting member
    May 7, 2013
    Riverside, CA
    The T10 and X6 can be run at the same wattage. SMOK recommends that the best range for the X6 is 80-100 watts and the T10 80-110 watts so I think it is safe to say 80 watts should work fine for you. These coils just need a good amount of watts to make them come alive. Look at the bright side; at least now you can actually use those higher watts your mod provides but you never used. :)

Also how old are your batteries? I only ask because as batteries age they can lose some of their oompf. Batteries do get tired.

prince coils.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.