Recommendation for an RTA needed, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
I understand (I've worked jobs like that my entire life) but I also was only allowed to vape on breaks (just like smoking) 10 to 15 minute breaks (and half-hour lunch) Even at home (yes, I'm not proud of this) mom has me on a work schedule (to pay rent... what a nazi) I take extra breaks but deduct that from my total hours and make up for it. I understand if you make your own hours/schedule (I have done that too) but either you work or take a break (I've tried doing both and it doesn't work) The only times I have dropped/broken a vape was when I was trying to do too many things at once. Slow down... or just carry a small vape device that you don't care much about (that's what I do) Actually (confession) all the times I dropped my vape was after hours and I was drunk... at least I'm honest)
I'm also not allowed to vape while on site, using e cigarettes is strictly prohibited on the construction site I'm at, and in fact on most larger commercial sites. I would have to go to a designated smoking area in the compound near the site and take a short "cigarette" break- on majority of sites there's an unofficial custom to allow workers 1 short cigarette break between start and breakfast, then one between breakfast and lunch, and one between lunch and end of the shift. The thing with me- I don't comply with such rules ;)
Occasionally I would end up on a site that was very strict and smoking was only allowed during breaks, also there were other strict rules in place- needless to say, I never lasted long on a site like that, usually I'd quit after a week.
But hey, we didn't come here to discuss my work ethics ;)

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Might try a rta that has ultem or plasic options. If you don't use strong citrus or cinnamon juices you should be fine without glass.
That was an alterntive I was thinking about in case my search for steel encased tank failed.

Another option that appeared literally today: one Polish guy i work with has a friend in Poland who manufactures different custom parts for vape tanks. He has a Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus V2 and that guy made a stainless steel sleeve for it and shipped it to him. Looks great, fits great, and no more worrying about breaking the glass. I saw it had some engraving on it as well, I only talked to him briefly though so I didn't pay attention if it was custom engraving or some company logo. I'll ask him tomorrow if I could take a picture and I'll post it here if he's fine with it.
The downside is the price: that sleeve costed 20£ with shipping (approx 26$), which is about half the price of the tank.

Reactions: Jebbn

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That was an alterntive I was thinking about in case my search for steel encased tank failed.

Another option that appeared literally today: one Polish guy i work with has a friend in Poland who manufactures different custom parts for vape tanks. He has a Steam Crave Aromamizer Plus V2 and that guy made a stainless steel sleeve for it and shipped it to him. Looks great, fits great, and no more worrying about breaking the glass. I saw it had some engraving on it as well, I only talked to him briefly though so I didn't pay attention if it was custom engraving or some company logo. I'll ask him tomorrow if I could take a picture and I'll post it here if he's fine with it.
The downside is the price: that sleeve costed 20£ with shipping (approx 26$), which is about half the price of the tank.
Steam Crave attys last for years so actually might be an excellent investment long term.

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2020
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
It might be a bit tall, but there's the Wotofo Profile RDTA which has a metal frame protecting the glass:
Profile RDTA - Clapton & Mesh RDTA - 25mm, 6.2ml, Best RDTA for Flavor
By the way- do you know how tall the peacemaker is? I literally can't find any info anywhere. I haven't made up my mind about Faucon RDTA yet as the best financial option would be to get it together with yihi sxmini mx mod that I don't really need... The Wotofo RDTA you posted is still an option, a bit tall though but it's only 10mm taller than the berserker mini mtl rta I have, it might actually work

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    By the way- do you know how tall the peacemaker is? I literally can't find any info anywhere. I haven't made up my mind about Faucon RDTA yet as the best financial option would be to get it together with yihi sxmini mx mod that I don't really need... The Wotofo RDTA you posted is still an option, a bit tall though but it's only 10mm taller than the berserker mini mtl rta I have, it might actually work

it's this big:
    Squid-Industries-Peacemaker-25mm-rta.jpg

;) Sorry, my google-fu got nowhere as well with finding its height. It does look tall though.

Reactions: PeterKay

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    it's this big:
    Squid-Industries-Peacemaker-25mm-rta.jpg

;) Sorry, my google-fu got nowhere as well with finding its height. It does look tall though.
    Hi, sorry for the very late reply. Been working so much the past 2 months that I literally haven't logged in a single time. I finally ended up getting Vandy Vape Manto RDTA from the same site you recommended for the pico squeeze 2 a few months back. Got it last week but only set it up a few hours ago. I gave up on looking for a short metal RTA, it's close to impossible. I realised that the quality of the vape is more important so I'd rather get something that works well and figure out how to manage the dimensions.

Reactions: Letitia

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

PeterKay

ECF Veteran
    May 1, 2020
    Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
    Steam Crave attys last for years so actually might be an excellent investment long term.
    I thought it through- Steam crave atty is just too big to use it at work. So I probably wouldn't be using it anyway hence no point to invest in metal sleeve. For 20£ I got a brand new rdta so now I can enjoy 2 different tanks, one at work, and I keep my Glaz v2 to use around the house ;)

Reactions: Letitia
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread