RDA Recommendation for Flavourful RDA MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
Thanks for all the input guys!! i think i narrow down my selections to either origen or nectar

Mr.Fabe : Origen vs Nano ,forget airflow, forget coil setup, just based on flavor factor only, which one win? :)

I kinda like the restrictiveness of the nectar. Just one airflow and only single coil option. It takes away all the variables so i can just tinker with finding the right coil for the right flavor. But on the other hand, i think the origin with its flexibility is great for long run and seeing how people praise the flavor it can delivers. hmn..

Yes i be buying authentic for this one too.. hence the careful selection.. wish i have budget for two :)
I always felt buying authentic makes me appreciate it more and try to make the most out of it. Also keeps me away from spending more money on some other random atty.

The Nectar edges the Origen v3 barely on flavor alone, however, I would buy the Origen v3 authentic and the Nectar Nano clone.
This way you have the best of both worlds. The only negative I have on the Nectar Nano is the size of the tank, but... it's soooo easy to build on. Technically, the Nectar is more of a gennie than a rda.

Last edited:
Reactions: luxt888

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
The Nectar edges the Origen v3 barely on flavor alone, however, I would buy the Origen v3 authentic and the Nectar Nano clone.
This way you have the best of both worlds. The only negative I have on the Nectar Nano is the size of the tank, but... it's soooo easy to build on. Technically, the Nectar is more of a gennie than a RDA.

Ha... I was using the Nectar when I replied. Now, I am using the Origen v3 and it has better flavor.... :lol:

Reactions: luxt888

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
My vote goes for the Origen v3. Great flavor, several build options in single or dual coil, adjustable airflow. I have the Nectar Nano. Great flavor, small juice capacity, one airflow option, and single coil only. I also have the kloud. It truly was a waste of money for me.
I can't understand why people like this thing so much. I've had mine for over two months and find the vape quality less than mediocre. The throat/lung hit along with mic hit is absolutely incomprehensible using dual vertical or even single vertical coils. Honestly sometimes feels like my 3MG juice feel like a 12MG in terms of how dizzy I get after a few hits.

The thing gets mega hot though and I can't really understand why, thank goodness for the heat fins, without that it would be on fire. The machining is great except the o rings for the top cap removal are still as tight as the day I got the RDA. It feels like I could honestly tear out my 510 assembly off my mods sometimes with how much force you need to exert. If unlined with some e juice, it could very well do so. Though it makes it leak proof from the bottom sections, the condensation really shows on this thing, it forms around the air holes, also around the sections divided by the threads to the heat find and the AFC ring. It's annoying because it needs to be removed with a napkin pretty regularly.

The positives of others like. Capacity and whatnot are true, I also love how silent it is and doesn't whistle at all. But in terms of flavor this thing is a no go for lung hits, it will knock you out on your back from the nic hit I garantee though. I don't understand flavorful MTL though so I can't really understand that concept. It's too short lived in my opinion no matter how dense the vape may be.

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
I can't understand why people like this thing so much. I've had mine for over two months and find the vape quality less than mediocre. The throat/lung hit along with mic hit is absolutely incomprehensible using dual vertical or even single vertical coils. Honestly sometimes feels like my 3MG juice feel like a 12MG in terms of how dizzy I get after a few hits.

The thing gets mega hot though and I can't really understand why, thank goodness for the heat fins, without that it would be on fire. The machining is great except the o rings for the top cap removal are still as tight as the day I got the RDA. It feels like I could honestly tear out my 510 assembly off my mods sometimes with how much force you need to exert. If unlined with some e juice, it could very well do so. Though it makes it leak proof from the bottom sections, the condensation really shows on this thing, it forms around the air holes, also around the sections divided by the threads to the heat find and the AFC ring. It's annoying because it needs to be removed with a napkin pretty regularly.

The positives of others like. Capacity and whatnot are true, I also love how silent it is and doesn't whistle at all. But in terms of flavor this thing is a no go for lung hits, it will knock you out on your back from the nic hit I garantee though. I don't understand flavorful MTL though so I can't really understand that concept. It's too short lived in my opinion no matter how dense the vape may be.

Everyone has atties that work well for them, not too good for me. I enjoy using the Origen with builds that range about .7 to 1.2 ohms. For lower ohm coils that obviously run hotter, I use a different atties because the Origen will get too hot and doesn't have enough airflow to accommodate the hotter loads. I believe the Origen was designed for flavor and not necessarily vapor production or low subohm builds.

When I first started dripping, I found the nicotine levels I was using in my protank and nautilus were too strong for me to use in my dripper. I changed to a lower mg of nic.

I don't have any issues with o-rings on my authentic. If I did, I would change out the existing o-rings with the spares or find a thinner one. Maybe others can chime in regarding the quality of their o-ring fittings.

The Origen satisfies many, however, it fails to meet what your looking for in an RDA which is the most important criteria. I hope you find one that "hits" the way you like it and you share your findings with all of us so we can try it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input guys!! i think i narrow down my selections to either origen or nectar

Mr.Fabe : Origen vs Nano ,forget airflow, forget coil setup, just based on flavor factor only, which one win? :)

I kinda like the restrictiveness of the nectar. Just one airflow and only single coil option. It takes away variables so i can just tinker with finding the right coil for the right flavor. But on the other hand, i think the origin with its flexibility is great for long run and seeing how people praise the flavor it can delivers. hmn..

Yes i be buying authentic for this one too.. hence the careful selection.. wish i have budget for two :)
I always felt buying authentic makes me appreciate it more and try to make the most out of it. Also keeps me away from spending more money on some other random atty.

i bought both of mine months apart, and the second one i bought at a convention so it was like $20 cheaper. i really enjoy the tugboats, they're awesome.

speaking of, flawless just released a new atty called the dinghy i believe. looks like a pretty sleek little atty aimed at more the flavor chasers, although they dont have many picture of it up yet so i can't comment on adjustable airflow at all.

edit: i actually just came across this rda that might be good for your needs, dog bone rda

luxt888

Jul 19, 2015
i bought both of mine months apart, and the second one i bought at a convention so it was like $20 cheaper. i really enjoy the tugboats, they're awesome.

speaking of, flawless just released a new atty called the dinghy i believe. looks like a pretty sleek little atty aimed at more the flavor chasers, although they dont have many picture of it up yet so i can't comment on adjustable airflow at all.

edit: i actually just came across this rda that might be good for your needs, dog bone rda

Thanks for the recommendation!

I got myself a Nectar and so far the flavor is great and perfect airhole for me.

I tried my friend's tugboat with the slammed cap. Flavor and vapor are great! but unfortunately its still too airy for me. I like a long drag. But i be eyeing for that zombie splatter slammed cap! looks really cool. If i ever wanted to get an airy rda. I heard flawless throws a huge flash sale online every now and then :)

That dog bone rda thou.. very fancy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread