recommendation good cheap mechanical

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
As the title says i need you guys or gals to recommend me a good mech for cheap. This is for when im out in field for work so it has to just work well. i was thinking about the legacy but if there's one thats just as good for a cheeper price, i'm for that. It doesn't matter if its a clone as lkng as its durable. This thing might be in dirt get dropped used as a hammer. Well maybe not a hammer but you get my drift.

Last edited:

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
As the title says i need you guys or gals to recommend me a good mech for cheap. This is for when im out in field for work so it has to just work well. i was thinking about the legacy but if there's one thats just as good for a cheeper price, i'm for that. It doesn't matter if its a clone as lkng as its durable. This thing might be in dirt get dropped used as a hammer. Well maybe not a hammer but you get my drift.

Your initial thoght of legacy is in a totally different league than anything that has been mentioned in this thread so far. If you want something that will stand the test of time get that. There are a couple of others in that price range that you might want to consider as well...

The bam. 26650 or 26500 with a kick. Rock solid device. I have 2 and love them. I got one blemished for $50. Web Store

The silver bullet.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
Your initial thoght of legacy is in a totally different league than anything that has been mentioned in this thread so far. If you want something that will stand the test of time get that. There are a couple of others in that price range that you might want to consider as well...

The bam. 26650 or 26500 with a kick. Rock solid device. I have 2 and love them. I got one blemished for $50. Web Store

The silver bullet.
Thanks, this is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks for the other recommendations, but i was looking at these tier of mods the hondas and toyotas of the vape world. What other brands i should be looking at. I love the fact that bam offers the blem or refurbish for a fraction of the price.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
May not be what you had in mind, but it fits the requirements you listed. SMOKtech 18350 GRIPPER Mechanical - Black Rubberized [gv-SMOKGripper18350-BLACK] - $15.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Smoktech Gripper. At only $16, and $4.00 for the extension, you won't find a cheaper mod. It plastic but won't break...extremely durable. The 18350 battery will last you at least 7 hours if not more, and a spare won't take up hardly any room in a pocket. The whole device is extremely pocket-friendly and very stealthy if that comes into play. At the very least, makes for a great backup.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I just picked up a chrome Bolt Mod at a local shop and I love it. It'll probably only run you around $30 give or take. I grabbed mine at a quality customer discount for $20 :D. Couldn't go wrong for that price, and for the performance of it, it was a steal.

Bolt is not mechanical.

It is unregulated, but since it has wiring, it is generally not considered mechanical.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
May not be what you had in mind, but it fits the requirements you listed. SMOKtech 18350 GRIPPER Mechanical - Black Rubberized [gv-SMOKGripper18350-BLACK] - $15.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Smoktech Gripper. At only $16, and $4.00 for the extension, you won't find a cheaper mod. It plastic but won't break...extremely durable. The 18350 battery will last you at least 7 hours if not more, and a spare won't take up hardly any room in a pocket. The whole device is extremely pocket-friendly and very stealthy if that comes into play. At the very least, makes for a great backup.

again, not mechanical... Regardless what it says on that site, I do believe it has wiring... and is thus, not mechanical.

Unregulated yes... mechanical no.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
Bolt is not mechanical.

It is unregulated, but since it has wiring, it is generally not considered mechanical.

I might not be a true mech, but it is unregulated, it's tough as nails, and it will work with just about anything a mech will. I wouldn't put a .5 ohm coil on it, but I wouldn't put a .5 ohm coil on anything.

edit: thought you were talking about the Silver Bullet. The Bolt a cheap mod with an iffy button.

Last edited:

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere

You won't get anything as good "out of the box" as a legacy any cheaper. It's also good for your dirt requirement as it is easy to take apart and re-assemble.

If you do want something cheaper, the sigelei mech mods are decent but may need tweaking. I think the #8 is the best of them but I am not sure that button will take much abuse.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Last edited:

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Its worth the money. I have one. But if you can still find a Segelei #8 mod on the internet for $27 buy that instead. Have both also the K100, but the Segelei #8 is like a CADILLAC in terms of build quality AND performance out of the box.

Segelei#8 has got to be the best constructed mech mod to be made in China.

HEAVY MOD

Yup. Very nicely made. An extra benefit of the #8 is because it is *not* telescoping there are fewer exposed threads to get dirt and dust into, "out in the field". Something like a cross between the #8 with the #19 button would make me very happy.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
Its worth the money. I have one. But if you can still find a Segelei #8 mod on the internet for $27 buy that instead. Have both also the K100, but the Segelei #8 is like a CADILLAC in terms of build quality AND performance out of the box.

Segelei#8 has got to be the best constructed mech mod to be made in China.

HEAVY MOD
I was also looking at the sigelei #8 for around 35$ from most sites but got confused. The named had telescopic but the pics showed a solid body. So this thing is NOT telescopic and how is the botton, will it hold up well? I'm not to found of the gg style in the first place.

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
I was also looking at the sigelei #8 for around 35$ from most sites but got confused. The named had telescopic but the pics showed a solid body. So this thing is NOT telescopic and how is the botton, will it hold up well? I'm not to found of the gg style in the first place.

The button will take quite a bit of abuse before it fails, I'm sure. The one thing I didn't like is sometimes the lock ring felt like it was running out of thread and would seem to get stuck once in awhile rather than spinning both directions nice and smooth, as it should. This could be just MY #8 too... I really haven't read of anyone else having that issue. Anyway I shortened the throw on my button and that fixed that only issue as well.

I like my #8 best but since my #19 is the newest of the two I own I've been using it more instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread