Recommendation please for stepping from 510 and KR808D-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

100thMonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi all.

I've been vaping since July 1st, completely off analogs and very happy about it. I think I'm ready to step up my game a little.

I've been using 510 and KR808D-1 during this time. My most satisfying vapes have been with my 510 Passthrough run off a wall plug with a 5V adapter.

I'm looking for a mod that will give me the same experience as the 510 PT: warm, great TH and full flavor. I'd like to use my 510 cartomizers with it. And I wouldn't like it to be very big. Just something that will give me more power and still look somewhat feminine.

So what do you suggest and what vendors should I check out? What do you think this new "kit" should include as far as extra batteries, etc.?

Thanks so much!

100thMonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Thanks, SS! I like the 510, yes. I'd like to get a somewhat close intensity to my 510 PT, though. My regular carryaround manual 510 that I charge from my 510 PCC is fine, just vapes so much weaker in comparison. I'd spend what it takes. As to battery life, I can see getting by with a few batteries that I could recharge at home and take with me. Does such a thing exist? Or are the batteries something I would need to keep buying and unable to be recharge?

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
You can get a nice mod with rechargeable Lithium- Ion Batteries. I personally like the Saber touch from vapormoon.com and you can get a 5v regulated version. This might be a little bigger than what your looking for though. The little sister variable volt from boxmods.net would be another option. The Precise from supertmanufacturing.com is a nice slim mod but you would have to go up to 6v using 2 3v batteries because it is not regulated. Your other option is to get an Ego/Riva/Hello016 or any 3.7v mod you like the looks of and use LR atty's. The LR atty's on a true 3.7v device would give you close to the same intensity as your 510PT only draw back is the LR atty's don't tend to last as long as standard atty's. I think your best option would probably be the little sister then you can personalize the voltage to your liking. You will get longer battery life than a 510, but it want be as long a life as the bigger mods so you might want to buy 3 sets of batteries instead of 2. All these devices can be ordered with 510 adapters and you can buy a 510- KR808 adapter and use the KR808 cartomizers.

Last edited:

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
There are two that I have on my radar right now. First is the Icon by Puresmoker. It has the nice lines and uses a 900 mAh battery, so using LR atties and cartos would be no problem. With $5 batteries, for the same price as some of the proprietary ones, you could easily have four days' worth of batteries. $80 for the unit itself.

The ICON

The other one, purely for looks, would be the Precise 10440 (P10). I think it's about as slim as the standard 510. It's an amazing piece of craftsmanship and has a lifetime warranty. Unfortunately, it only uses the 10440 batteries (again a paltry $5 each), but I think they've only got 300 mAh so they are only going to last about four hours each and probably would not work very well with the LR atomizers and cartomizers. $150 for the full kit/$120 for the P10.

Super T Manufacturing, Innovative manufacturer of electronic cigarette products.

I don't know if you've got an actual 5V passthrough or the regular 510 one. If it's the plain 510, either of these will provide you the same vape. They can't match 5V, but they will be a step up from your 510 on its own, too, although, as mentioned the Icon can use LR atties/cartos.

Think of it this way; at least now the pressure is off; you're shopping for fun instead of pressing need so you can get started, so you can take your time and find the one that's perfect for you.

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
One other question....can cartomizers be used with these?

I have a Little Sister and use 510 and 808 cartomizers with it. Another option is to order a Big Brother. It's variable voltage just like the Little Sister, but the batteries last longer. I ordered one and I'll be receiving it today.

Box Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread