Recommendations for a dual battery squonk mod? (Leaning towards RAGE right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCory564

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2014
I was looking at the ohmboyoc/desire RAGE 155w TC mod, and so far that seems like it would fit my needs best. However, I am unfamiliar with what is available regarding dual battery squonk mods, and I didn't find much when I looked.

As I said, so far I'm leaning towards the RAGE. Any other suggestions for squonk mods that have dual batteries? Single cell mods are absolutely out of the question for me. No exceptions.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I don't think there are many out there right now.The only others i know of off hand are the Geekvape Gbox,Avid vape throne, and the Dovpo Basium.Lost vape is supposed to be releasing a newer version Drone,but i don't know when that will even be released.
With what's available right now,i would agree with you on the Rage.I'm getting one here in a few weeks because it seems to be the nicest dual battery squonk mod out there right now.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't think there are many out there right now.The only others i know of off hand are the Geekvape Gbox,Avid vape throne, and the Dovpo Basium.Lost vape is supposed to be releasing a newer version Drone,but i don't know when that will even be released.
With what's available right now,i would agree with you on the Rage.I'm getting one here in a few weeks because it seems to be the nicest dual battery squonk mod out there right now.
*is avidly awaiting the drone*

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
The only double battery squonk I've got is the Basium, I've been really pleased with it though.

I think the Rage gets pretty rave reviews though from what I've seen. I just preferred the shape and simplicity of the Basium. So many of them seem so large, the Basium actually surprised me, smaller than I expected.

If I were still in the market for another double battery squonk, the Rage would probably be next in the list for me. I probably will go after a Drone when the 250C is released though.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
*is avidly awaiting the drone*
I'm right there with ya.I kept hesitating when they were available before,because i wasn't sure if i wanted a dual battery or not,then when i finally decided i wanted one,none were available anymore haha.When the new one comes out,i will definitely grab one,i love all my other Lost vape stuff,so i know it should be a great mod too.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Boxer dual 20700 DNA 250c Squonk
I got either one or two problems with this one depending on how you count it. Imho the boxer has two issues:
1 it costs nearly $300
2 it’s made of plastic
One or the other I could take, but both together are a bit hard to swallow for me

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I got either one or two problems with this one depending on how you count it. Imho the boxer has two issues:
1 it costs nearly $300
2 it’s made of plastic
One or the other I could take, but both together are a bit hard to swallow for me

I can attest that most 3d printed mods are quite durable, and plastic actually protect the internals better than metal (absorbs the shock of an impact and transfers less shock to the internals compared to metal) but the externals will take more damage. I also perfer the feel of a quality 3d printed mod over metal, especially painted metal since it chips and wears off most of the time.

But with boxer, they print all their mods in white, then dye them the color you order. This means your expensive mod will look good for a while but with use will fade out and start to take on a sun bleached look. That is completely unacceptable at that price point, in my opinion.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
2 it’s made of plastic
That alone isn't the deal breaker to me. It's that it looks raw. Like fresh from the printer, nothing done to it. Really? For $300?
they print all their mods in white, then dye them the color you order
So there is a finishing process but it still looks raw? And it's not done right?
$300? Am I missing something here? Is this a yolk?
main-qimg-7c86cc92611f9ae0dd05a8b73fd5699a-c

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
So there is a finishing process but it still looks raw? And it's not done right?
I am not sure of their finishing process or how well it is done, but I am certain I have seen a lot of faded out and sun bleached looking boxer mods that were not too old at all. I have also seen people scrape the mod and reveal the white plastic base. This was the biggest reason I refrained from ordering one. Hopefully they fixed this issue, but i have yet to see any proof of this yet.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
But with boxer, they print all their mods in white, then dye them the color you order. This means your expensive mod will look good for a while but with use will fade out and start to take on a sun bleached look. That is completely unacceptable at that price point, in my opinion.

I am not speaking from experience, I dont have one of these mods. I dont think this is quite accurate though. The reviews I have seen about the Boxer says that with the dual squonk, it was made with a different process than earlier versions so the color wont fade. It is a steep price to pay, but its the only one (dual 20700 squonk) on the market right now that I know of, so a steal some would say.

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I am not speaking from experience, I dont have one of these mods. I dont think this is quite accurate though. The reviews I have seen about the Boxer says that with the dual squonk, it was made with a different process than earlier versions so the color wont fade. It is a steep price to pay, but its the only one (dual 20700 squonk) on the market right now that I know of, so a steal some would say.

I thought that process was for water proofing (because they had an uncommon issue from liquid absorbing into the material when liquid was not cleaned off in a timely manner) and not fade resistance... But I could be wrong.

Reactions: stols001

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I am not sure of their finishing process or how well it is done
Was more of a joke calling dying it a "finish".
When I talk of finishing I mean actually producing a nice surface, like sanding and baking some low temp metallic car paint on or something...
it was made with a different process than earlier versions
Yeah, they have something called "infinity finish", still looks like dogsh:censored: though (and I'm not sure the color goes through, it's just claimed to be more water and scratch resistant and not fading). For that price I don't want something that looks like I printed it at home even when it was produced on a 3d printer.
Like a wooden high end mod usually doesn't look like I carved it out of a chair leg with a dull knife either.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
E5CA5862-223C-4A8C-B7D8-3352FEA3C942.jpeg
Check this thread out from FT
AGAIN EDITED.SEE YOUTUBE VIDEO ON LAST PAGE. GOT MY SECOND PHOTOS BELOW.Received! SXK Boxer dual 20700 squonk mod...PHOTO OVERLOAD and this is the one iv been waiting for! @Anniepan please source this again: FastTech Forums

It’s the SXK Boxer Style BF squonker. I ordered one from Efun.top, $38 shipped hasn’t arrived yet. But there’s 2 threads on FT forums & peeps love it. Also Vaping with Vick/UK has a vid on it & apparently they (SXK) fixed the issues with the Authentic. They used their own chip apparently everyone is saying it’s good. Some peeps have even changed out the board with the DNA250c board.

It uses dual 18650 with adaptors & 20700’s.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
View attachment 770831 Check this thread out from FT
AGAIN EDITED.SEE YOUTUBE VIDEO ON LAST PAGE. GOT MY SECOND PHOTOS BELOW.Received! SXK Boxer dual 20700 squonk mod...PHOTO OVERLOAD and this is the one iv been waiting for! @Anniepan please source this again: FastTech Forums

It’s the SXK Boxer Style BF squonker. I ordered one from Efun.top, $38 shipped hasn’t arrived yet. But there’s 2 threads on FT forums & peeps love it. Also Vaping with Vick/UK has a vid on it & apparently they (SXK) fixed the issues with the Authentic. They used their own chip apparently everyone is saying it’s good. Some peeps have even changed out the board with the DNA250c board.

It uses dual 18650 with adaptors & 20700’s.
Hhhhhmmmmm.... a dna250c board is $80 new iirc. So this means you get the mod for $115+ labor. That starts to roll into the ballpark for me..

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
All of my regulated squonk mods are single 20700 or 21700 battery mods. So no help there. But I do really enjoy my mech DripTech DT-DS's that use dual parallel 18650 batts. 528 Custom dropped the ball on them, so the originals were a flash in the pan that was here today and gone tomorrow.

Defiant Designs carried on with them at the original retail price ($125).... and they have been cloned for about 1/5th of the retail cost of the originals. I have no idea about their quality though.

DT-DS-6sb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread