Recommended 18650 battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hdivr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Rolla MO
I've used a nitecore I4 for the past 3 years. Good charger though a little slow. It's been packed away for backup now that I've been using an Xtar SV2. The Xtar is truly a fast charger. Only a two bay but you can program it for 2 amps per channel if needing to recharge batts quickly. I rarely use that setting though. Usually 1 amp can charge an 18650 batt from 13 percent to 100 percent in about 2 hours. I think my old nitecore was .5 amps or so and it took all day to charge a depleted vtc5. It did 4 batts at a time though.

I like the Xtar because I can quickly look up at it and see the percentage charged at a glance rather than just blinking lights.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Xtar makes reliable chargers, take your pick on a model that suits your needs(2-bay/4-bay). A couple to consider if you want a good reliable charger that also can analyze the condition of your cells, the liitokala lii-500 and the opus bt-c3100. Both are 4-bay and are affordable in the $30-$40 range. I own the liitokala and it’s been excellent for charging all my cells. Good luck and buy from a reputable vendor, especially your cells (they are counterfeited quite often) if ya didn’t know, now ya know.

hassanngm

Jan 17, 2018
Xtar makes reliable chargers, take your pick on a model that suits your needs(2-bay/4-bay). A couple to consider if you want a good reliable charger that also can analyze the condition of your cells, the liitokala lii-500 and the opus bt-c3100. Both are 4-bay and are affordable in the $30-$40 range. I own the liitokala and it’s been excellent for charging all my cells. Good luck and buy from a reputable vendor, especially your cells (they are counterfeited quite often) if ya didn’t know, now ya know.
Thanks a lot of info. in here LOL.. this is really helpful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have a Nitecore intellicharger 2 bay, but I would enjoy a 4 bay charger. My nitecore has been reliable and consistent, only real complaint is that the sleds need to be babied a bit (less so now they are broken in) but everyone kind of has their personal preference.

While you are dealing with your "clone" situation, I always tell people to find them somewhere nearby (doesn't have to be a vape shop, I'd imagine some specialty electronics stores or hardware stores carry chargers) to go check them out, it may be easier to decide while physically looking at them. That is my plan when/if I get around to replacing my nitecore charger. I should probably do it soonish, in case anything happens to my charger and I have to actually just go out and buy one rather than waiting however many days to get it shipped to me....

Good luck,

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
From a price standpoint, I recommend one of the Efest LUC chargers. Quality, fast charging.

Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

• Guide to help a novice in choosing a charger. Covers recommended brands, suggestions for the number of charging bays you'll need, independent bays, LED or LCD models, and "smart chargers".

Last edited:

hassanngm

Jan 17, 2018
I have a question regarding the liitokala lii-500 Does it automatically cut off and stop charging when the cell is fully charged?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have a question regarding the liitokala lii-500 Does it automatically cut off and stop charging when the cell is fully charged?
Yes it does, it’s a fine charger. The only complaint I have is the springs on the slots are really strong. Wish they were a little lighter like my Xtar. You just have to use care putting batteries not to pop them in and let the slider snap on the battery. I dented a positive end a little bit. Not a big con and the only con I can think of but it’s worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread