Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahoy!!

Well, hope you all survived the Friday?

Still chilly down here, I can only imagine what it's like up north, brrrrrr....

I spent a big chunk of today doing equipment maintenance, so many of my tools are getting old and worn out, but that's not surprising as some of them have been in constant use for 3 years.

I also had the website send out a 'Thanks for your purchase, can I please have a review' message for all the sales from the last year. I can't believe I forgot to set that to automatic. I also got a E-Mail that there was no place to leave a review for mod models as once they are sold the listing disappears, never to be seen again.

I made a new tab on the page for reviews today, hopefully people will find it and leave a review if they liked their mod. Unfortunately I was not able to migrate the few reviews of the pre-orders I had so there are virtually zero reviews of the models as it stands :(

PV Model Reviews

No other news at the moment I'm afraid. Have a great weekend! arrrr

Last edited:

aidreon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
France
Do you think you could put some 26650 batteries on the website Cappy? They're not the most common model right now but I really have a feeling that this year could see more and more 26650 mods coming out...it's getting popular and they are quite hard to get around here for example (I've been looking real quick, no way to get them in France, at least not easily, I should order some through Avid if I wanted one right now, as I don't really trust Ebay on my mods' batteries). I'm quite sure that could be a nice option for someone wanting one of your next big boys to be able to get a battery or two as well.

By the way for you battery fans around here, I read everywhere that the MNKE 26650 4000mAh is THE one to get. Any feedback about them? Any other option for our mods?

aidreon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
France
True. I would definitely get an AW if they made some but so far MNKE seems to be the way to go. I use a few Efest 18350 V2 as well, they're ok, that could do the trick as well I suppose as the MNKE seems to be particularly performant in the mech mods and we don't really need that in a DNA20 anyway ;)
Actually I still really don't know if I'll bag a 18650 or the newest 26650, I guess I'll do that the usual way...put one in the basket, press "Order", and think about it afterward. The only thing I know is that I'll have a Destroyer and screw a kayfun 3.1 in there never to unscrew it again, vape myself to death sitting nicely in my favorite armchair at night :D

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
I'm definitely going for a 26650 destroyer since I impulse bought the cutlass 20 (best impulse ever) and need a home for the klite.

I must say though, I acquired a GP Spheroid recently and it's giving the kayfun a run for its money. I'm still working on getting the build perfect and it's juice capacity is about half, but the flavor is amazing. Makes a nice stealthy little vape on a 18350/14500 mech.

aidreon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2012
France
The Spheroid is the atomiser I nearly bought about 20 times since I started vaping. I know it's good, I'm sure about it, but I always pass... I'll have one someday and i'm sure I'll love it. I guess I'm just relectant to get one because of the fluff it uses, I can manage every type of setting using silica rope, I know how things work to get a great vape 99.9% of the time, and I'm like those 80 years old people...I have my habits and it takes ages to change them :D

Off to bed for now, have a great day everyone!

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Left you a couple reviews there Cappy.

Fyi, the image captions for all 4 say "3.7v 6ml bottom feeder." :D

Fixed, thanks for the heads up!

p.s., and thanks for the reviews. They are more precious than gold to me, yarrrrrr!

Last edited:

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Do you think you could put some 26650 batteries on the website Cappy? They're not the most common model right now but I really have a feeling that this year could see more and more 26650 mods coming out...it's getting popular and they are quite hard to get around here for example (I've been looking real quick, no way to get them in France, at least not easily, I should order some through Avid if I wanted one right now, as I don't really trust Ebay on my mods' batteries). I'm quite sure that could be a nice option for someone wanting one of your next big boys to be able to get a battery or two as well.

By the way for you battery fans around here, I read everywhere that the MNKE 26650 4000mAh is THE one to get. Any feedback about them? Any other option for our mods?

If I do stock them, it won't be very many and I will have to sell at cost. No way I can afford a large lot of batteries form China, I leave that kind of thing to the big boy websites, sorry.

Capt' Brian

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Stalking Day.

The CruiserHD is out for delivery. What's taking so long. Ok he does have to go door to door in our neighborhood as all the boxes are by the front door and it is only 11 below with wind chill, but hurry up will yah.

:unsure:

Ahh, Chicago. I lived there for a year when I was going to a Navy school. The wind cuts through you like a knife. Remembering that, and my time living in Alaska, Minnesota, Buffalo, makes this central Florida weather seem all the more better!

Hope it arrives safe and sound! arrr

Have a good day all.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Stalking Day.

The CruiserHD is out for delivery. What's taking so long. Ok he does have to go door to door in our neighborhood as all the boxes are by the front door and it is only 11 below with wind chill, but hurry up will yah.

:unsure:

HRH stole my cruiser, cos she liked the wood, so be very careful who sees it ;)

T

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Luckily the wife never smoked so doesn't vape. It's been a test of will power to let it come up to temp slowly in it's packaging instead of ripping into it. I thought it better to let it warm up from 10 degrees to 68 before unpacking. I just got it open and gave it a light coat of Henry's, it's nicer looking in person. I'm build it's first coil in an RM2 now. Pic later. :)

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Wow the HD hits hard, must have a pretty low voltage drop. I love it.

Thanks Cappy!

IMAG1792-L.jpg

IMAG1808-L.jpg

chet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I just came back from across the border picking up my cutlass 5.1, and wow right out of the box I can see you did a lot of work on it. New firing button, new wiring, new battery tabs, new regulator, new coats of finish, and even new feed bottles. And a surprise gift.. a mini RSM Caddy!
Thanks so much Brian for the such a wonderful work and the generous gift.
What did you do to it to make it so silky smooth like this? It just feels so nice on my hand.

My two and half year old 'lass is back to its brand new state!

arrrrrrr... :)

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I just came back from across the border picking up my cutlass 5.1, and wow right out of the box I can see you did a lot of work on it. New firing button, new wiring, new battery tabs, new regulator, new coats of finish, and even new feed bottles. And a surprise gift.. a mini RSM Caddy!
Thanks so much Brian for the such a wonderful work and the generous gift.
What did you do to it to make it so silky smooth like this? It just feels so nice on my hand.

My two and half year old 'lass is back to its brand new state!

arrrrrrr... :)
that's a sweet little holder. I was thinking that I needed to come up with a small holder for the table next to my recliner while I watch TV. That with just the RSM hole and the carving centered without the other holes would be a perfect RSM holder and drink coaster in one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread