Redneck APV holder for car

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
When I upgraded to a Vamo, I found that my standard practice of sticking my eGo up in the visor was not going to work anymore. I had been just setting the Vamo down on the console or the passenger seat, but that was kind of a pain. I was looking around for a solution and found it in the recycle bin in the kitchen. It's a plastic tea bottle with a fairly large mouth. I just cut it off to a length that would hold my Vamo without touching any buttons. I glued a little strip of padded stuff around the inside of the mouth to avoid rattles and scratches, and cut a similar pad to fit in the bottom of the cup holder. Not too fancy, but the price is right and it works perfectly.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,753

mikewill45

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
When I upgraded to a Vamo, I found that my standard practice of sticking my eGo up in the visor was not going to work anymore. I had been just setting the Vamo down on the console or the passenger seat, but that was kind of a pain. I was looking around for a solution and found it in the recycle bin in the kitchen. It's a plastic tea bottle with a fairly large mouth. I just cut it off to a length that would hold my Vamo without touching any buttons. I glued a little strip of padded stuff around the inside of the mouth to avoid rattles and scratches, and cut a similar pad to fit in the bottom of the cup holder. Not too fancy, but the price is right and it works perfectly.

Very good. I think though I'm goin to take a piece of styrofoam, cut it to fit the cup holder and then cut holes in it for my APV. The holes won't be deep enough to touch the buttons so no problem there.

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
If you leave the correct amount of toilet paper on the roll, it could be customized to fit the cup holder exactly.

Pros: 1) customized fit 2)emergency supply of toilet paper available at all times
Cons: 1) explaining to riders you why you carry toilet paper in your cup holder. 2)toilet paper is more expensive than plastic bottles pulled out of the trash 3) a few splashes of coffee onto your TP - PV holder would probably make it look "used"

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
Here . . . My 5 year old grandson's purple pool noodle is some 3 inches shorter, now.
- Andy . . . Don't let the Ciggieman getcha . . . Vape'em.

I LOVE that!! I'm doin' it!

Now . . . any elegant solutions for carrying? Like a NICE lanyard??? I never have pockets this can fit into. I'm hooked on lanyards (much like phonics - they work for me!)

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
a real redneck holder would have just been a few criscrossed strips of duct tape :)

A few strips of duct tape is prohibitively expensive compared to using components salvaged out of the garbage can. As an added bonus, I'm saving the earth by recycling.
I agree. From the title of the thread, I was looking for the duct tape. Here on my I pad, I zoomed as large as I could on the pic, but didn't see any. I mad a REAL redneck holder for a friend. I used a pool noodle as in the picture above, but wrapped it in silver duct tape to "dress it up". I would provide a picture, but my friend went back to his home in SC. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread