The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Reduced chamber for Orchid V3

Discussion in 'Atomizer Mods' started by Impuls, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Impuls

Impuls Full Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Vrsac, Serbia
    I got the Orchid V3 (clone from Fasttech) and I wasn't pleased because it has to low liquid capacity and poor liquid flow due to narrow space between tank and chamber. So, I "reverse engineered" it and came up with my own design. First goal was to alow for better juice flow by reducing the chamber diameter. In order to do that, I reduced thread M14 x 0.5 on the base (for the chimney) to plain round 13mm diameter (in g6 tollerance). Than, I concluded that a chamber should have conical top and a reduced wall thickness on the chamber. The inner diameter of the chamber is 13mm (in H7 tollerance). Since there are threads no more to hold the chamber in place, a spring was needed, as you can see on the pictures. While on that job, I tried to reduce the cavity in a chamber as much as possible, hence the slot for negative post screws. The chamber was made from SS 316 Ti.
    What I got is 2.8ml tank capacitty opposed to 1.5 originally, good liquid flow (I'm using 70% VG juice) for a 0.5 Ohm setup, more pronounced flavour, TH, and warmer vapor. The ammount of vapor might be increased slightly.
    This is how all of that goes (on the left - original chamber)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the final result:

[​IMG]

2. JohnnyDill

JohnnyDill Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2013
    Uranus
    Interesting. Is that new chimney a modded Kayfun part? :)

3. Impuls

Impuls Full Member

Dec 31, 2014
    Vrsac, Serbia
    Nope, I machined it from a blank SS 316 Ti rod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.