Not open for further replies.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Hello vaping World,

I want to buy my first Ecig but I need some help making the right decision. My friend has the "Blu E-cig" and I tried it the other day and I knew I just had to get one for myself as a healthier alternative to analogs.

One thing is...I don't want to have to buy the refills online. I don't like waiting, and if I run out I will probably go back to regular cigs if I have to wait for the refills.

So I went down to my local smoke shop and they sell one brand of ecigs along with the refills. The brand is called VapCigs and can be found and seen at this website: VapCigs.com
I have not tried this brand and know nothing about them. If anybody's tried them or has one please let me know how they are.

I don't necessarily want to use Vapcigs. My question is about refill compatibility. Can I buy any ecig and use any refill? I just want to be able to buy the refills locally and not worry about getting them online.

I asked my friend about refill compatibility with her "Blu E-Cig" and she said that it had to be a "Blu" manufactured refill. I've looked at their website and I saw that they stopped taking order mid-July because they had so many back orders. I would not be able to wait for refills online, especially one that stops taking orders.

I want to buy an ecig that has a blue LED light instead of the red. That is one cool feature about the "Blu" but I know that there are other companies that use blue LED's. I really want an ecig with a blue LED so let me know what your suggestions are.

The point is to go from analogs to ecigs and stay on ecigs. So please let me know about refill compatibily because VapCigs doesn't use a Blue LED, they only make red. And I don't mind buying a ecig online but I want to be able to buy the refills locally.

The convenience of buying a pack of smoke's should be the same as buying refills for your ecig.

Thanks for reading and Happy vaping! :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If you want the most frustrating and worst device possible, then get the one you are looking at or the Blu. You will be back on regular cigs in no time. And since this is a new industry you just are not going to find many local options.

If you really want to switch to PV's (personal vaporizers) then you should stay clear of the auto switch, poorly made ones such as Blu. I have used 10 different PV's and along with most members of this forum, can only recommend manual switch PV's due to their performance and reliability. I won't even tell you about the premiere PV's yet. Instead, I would suggest you consider either a Joye 510 or the MANUAL DSE901. I would also tell you that buying prefilled carts is expensive and has poor taste, whereas refilling your own tastes better, costs less and has much more variety. I would suggest you check out these suppliers for the 510 or the manual 901:

Rocky Mountain Vapor you have reached the mountain top of electronic cigarettes! : Home
Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop
www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd
e-Smokey Treats - Electronic Cigarette's, The healthy alternative to traditional tobacco cigarette's

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
yep what wv2win said. i was intemidated by the thought of refilling carts. but its easy and i could screw up an iron ball. really. my neighbor had a model like you are talking about, i tried it, decided i had to have one, but did further research and took the advice of the people in here, not unlike the advice wv2win just gave you. ended up getting a manual pv..........LOVE IT..............and my neighbor is chucking hers and ordering the manual like mine. you cant even begin to imagine the difference.

oh and one more thing.............
LOVE ME SOME MOUNTAINEER FOOTBALL!!!!!!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
yep what wv2win said. i was intemidated by the thought of refilling carts. but its easy and i could screw up an iron ball. really. my neighbor had a model like you are talking about, i tried it, decided i had to have one, but did further research and took the advice of the people in here, not unlike the advice wv2win just gave you. ended up getting a manual pv..........LOVE IT..............and my neighbor is chucking hers and ordering the manual like mine. you cant even begin to imagine the difference.

oh and one more thing.............
LOVE ME SOME MOUNTAINEER FOOTBALL!!!!!!

Hey, tiff, glad you are a WVU fan as well as making the switch to a better PV!:) I sure hope the Mounties don't do too bad without Pat White but I'm afraid the glory days are over for a while.

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
Hey, tiff, glad you are a WVU fan as well as making the switch to a better PV!:) I sure hope the Mounties don't do too bad without Pat White but I'm afraid the glory days are over for a while.

i don't know, i think (hope) people might be surprised...granted the special teams are shaky, but the defense is strong........and Jarrett Brown has my attention......we will see, keeping fingers crossed.

actually i'm not as worried about how many games wvu wins, as i am how many michigan lose!!!!!!!!

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for all the info and advice and for the links Wv2win. I didn't know about manual batteries and batteries that cut off. Now I'm undecided about the Dse901 or the Joye510. I'm kinda sold on the Joye510 from Heavens Gifts due to the fact that it come with two manual batteries and two atomizers. The Dse901 on Heavens Gifts does not specify about the battery being a manual with the kit, but they do sell a manual battery separately. What do you think between the two products?

I'll keep researching and keep you updated.

tiffytiff

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Wheeling WV
Joy Tech 510

this guy is here in the states, has lightening quick ship, and right now has nice 510 manual bundles the one kit even includes the pcc which i hear is a must for the 510.

you can save 10 percent if you type in SAVEinNJ when it comes up for a coupon. (if its not that one its SAVEnNJ)

anyway his liquids are good and i know he is trustworthy, he hasnt let me down yet.
also My Vapor Store is trustworthy, and so is Rocky Mountain Vapor. all 3 have quick ships, great customer service and located in the states.

good luck and happy vaping :)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks for all the info and advice and for the links Wv2win. I didn't know about manual batteries and batteries that cut off. Now I'm undecided about the Dse901 or the Joye510. I'm kinda sold on the Joye510 from Heavens Gifts due to the fact that it come with two manual batteries and two atomizers. The Dse901 on Heavens Gifts does not specify about the battery being a manual with the kit, but they do sell a manual battery separately. What do you think between the two products?

I'll keep researching and keep you updated.

I have emailed Wayne at Heaven's Gifts many times and he almost always responds within 24 hours. If you wanted the 901 with manual batteries, I would suggest you just email him first, tell him you want a 901 with manual batteries instead of auto batteries and I bet he would respond that that is no problem.

On 510 vs 901 manual that's a little tougher. The batteries on the 901 will last a little longer, probably 2.5 - 3 hours whereas the 510 batteries will last 1.5 - 2.5 hours. The throat hit with the 510 is a little better. I would probably go with the 510. If you end up liking that, then for your second PV (most of us have 3-6 PV's) I would suggest moving up the one of the premiere, long battery life (6-8 hours), great throat hit PV's. You can check them out here:

The Big Seven in Long Battery Life Manual Switch PV’s:

Screwdriver: ecigscrewdriver.com
The Black Screwdriver Kit / Totally Wicked eLiquid / Electronic Cigarette e-liquid shop
Prodigy: PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!
GG: THE GG
JantyStick: Janty USA
LV/ZiMoshi:Personal Vaporizers : Hardass Vapor Shop
Super T: Super T, Innovative manufacturer of Personal Vaporizer products.
AdapteverR: AdapteveR Home of the ORIGINAL USA built PV : Home

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm now looking about getting the Joye510. The cheapest I've found so far is at this website: e-cigarette-mart.com
That is just for the kit but I also want the pcc (case) and this website doesn't sell them.

Wv2win thank you for your input. I want to ask...Where is Heavens Gifts located? If you order from them are you buying overseas? Maybe I'll just do a search on them.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm now looking about getting the Joye510. The cheapest I've found so far is at this website: e-cigarette-mart.com
That is just for the kit but I also want the pcc (case) and this website doesn't sell them.

Wv2win thank you for your input. I want to ask...Where is Heavens Gifts located? If you order from them are you buying overseas? Maybe I'll just do a search on them.

HeavensGate is China as is eastmall and healthcabin and a few others. Figure 5-10 shipping and lower prices but about $12 shipping.

Since I just posted it on another thread and still on the clipboard, the Widow:
Widows Bead Work - E-cig

... has the 510 kit, pcc, passthrough and juice in stock last I looked. Free and fast (on every one of my orders, anyway) shipping.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV

Especially if you order form Heaven's Gifts/Ruyans or EastMall, I would suggest getting an extra atomizer, maybe a manual passthrough that you can plug into a usb wall outlet adapter so you have no concern about batteries and a couple bottles of juice since all of their prices are good but you must pay shipping regardless of the size of the order.

My favorite Heaven's Gifts juices are KENT (very smooth tobacco flavor) and RY4 (light tobacco flavor with some caramel/vanilla overtones). I would suggest either 24 or 18mg strength liquid to start out so it is easier to transition off the analogs.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I'm going to buy the Joye510 and my wife wants the black with the blue LED. If anybody knows of any websites based in the U.S. that sells possibly a bundle with the case (PCC) included let me know.

Thanks again for all your guys help...and a special thank you to Wv2win for setting my facts straight on information about VP's and batteries ect.

I am still confused about refilling your own using juice because I've never done it. I'll probably look on YouTube and try to find out how to do it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I'm going to buy the Joye510 and my wife wants the black with the blue LED. If anybody knows of any websites based in the U.S. that sells possibly a bundle with the case (PCC) included let me know.

Thanks again for all your guys help...and a special thank you to Wv2win for setting my facts straight on information about VP's and batteries ect.

I am still confused about refilling your own using juice because I've never done it. I'll probably look on YouTube and try to find out how to do it.

I think Kent mentioned that Heaven's/Ruyan's is in China where 99% of all PV's and juice come from.

On refilling your own, it's quite straight forward. You just pull out the polyester batting, rinse it out with warm water (if you are changing flavors), pat it dry or let it air dry and then use 6-11 drops of liquid (depending on cart size) into the poly batting and insert it back into the cart. You ALWAYS want the batting to be moist but not pooling. Don't vape until it gets too dry or you could burn out your atomizer over time.

Two good US suppliers are:

http://shop.rockymountainvapor.com
http://www.e-smokeytreats.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread